Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tiny Timbrell's L5 Premier (must see!!!)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:35 am

And March madness continues.

A few weeks back I heard from Tiny's son Jay who was going through a lot of his dad's stuff and ... well just click the link and read on:

http://scottymoore.net/39L5P.html

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Tiny Timbrell's L5 Premier (must see!!!)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 am

That's lovely, Jim, thank you.

Beautiful guitar. beautiful man.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 am

great page James..thanks.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:34 am

Magnificent, as always. Thanks!

rjm

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 am

Cool stuff. Wonder if the tapes Tiny had contain any Elvis outtakes from Radio Recorders?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:29 am

Mike C wrote:Cool stuff. Wonder if the tapes Tiny had contain any Elvis outtakes from Radio Recorders?

Jay wondered that also. He has no real idea though what's on them. I suspect though that they wouldn't. Tiny in those circumstances was a sessionist, not an engineer and wouldn't have access to tapes. I don't think Elvis would've been doing any experimental recording with them. It'll be cool though to see what other tidbits he comes up with. There were other instruments he sent pix of that I didn't add at this point because it was getting a bit out of scope of the L5. If he comes up with Gibson letters and documentation regarding his involvement with Les Paul and the naming of the guitar that will create some waves in that world.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
Mike C wrote:Cool stuff. Wonder if the tapes Tiny had contain any Elvis outtakes from Radio Recorders?

Jay wondered that also. He has no real idea though what's on them. I suspect though that they wouldn't. Tiny in those circumstances was a sessionist, not an engineer and wouldn't have access to tapes. I don't think Elvis would've been doing any experimental recording with them. It'll be cool though to see what other tidbits he comes up with. There were other instruments he sent pix of that I didn't add at this point because it was getting a bit out of scope of the L5. If he comes up with Gibson letters and documentation regarding his involvement with Les Paul and the naming of the guitar that will create some waves in that world.

That is kind of what I figure as well. But one never knows - he might have an unknown alternative master. Let's hope so.