Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Movie Version Songs?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 am

Is there a place where I could get all the Movie Version songs on some sort of box set?

Re: Movie Version Songs?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:Is there a place where I could get all the Movie Version songs on some sort of box set?

No, I kind of gave up on that myself and basically If I want to hear the movie version I watch the movie.

So, if you have all the movies, you have all the movie versions.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:35 am

I do have them all and actually made my own version but it's too choppy. I was looking for something a little more professionally done.

Just to clarify, I'm talking audio. However, a dvd of all performances would even be better. I made my own version of that too. Also very choppy.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:00 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:I do have them all and actually made my own version but it's too choppy. I was looking for something a little more professionally done.

Just to clarify, I'm talking audio. However, a dvd of all performances would even be better. I made my own version of that too. Also very choppy.

I knew what you meant, but don't you think the movie songs work better within the context of the movie?

I think this is especially true of Elvis movies.

After all you still have the record versions and most of the movie versions are the same as the records versions
and they are all on the soundtracks.

So, we are only speaking of a reletively small selection of songs.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:08 am

Out On Import Original Film Music Vol. 1 - 8. See Here..

http://www.elvisoncd.com/

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am

Try the following alternate album series by Flashlight / Cargo records:
Loving You
Jailhouse Rock
King Creole
They have the original album plus the movie versions in good sound. Works very well IMO and makes a nice listening experiance.

Peter

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 am

Try to find the "Russian" editions of the upgraded "Elvis' gold records" volumes 1 through 4.
These have the Elvis gold records CD plus a DVD with movie songs nicely put together.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Plastichead released the Complete series, they are up to 1961 now and some nice movie versions are on their cds.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Where can i find the movie version of Lonely Man which was cut from Wild in The Country?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Out On Import Original Film Music Vol. 1 - 8. See Here..

http://www.elvisoncd.com/

Exactly Cisco 8)
+ there exist a CDR Original Film Music Vol.9 from the same producers of Vol.1-8 :mrgreen:

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:Is there a place where I could get all the Movie Version songs on some sort of box set?

I dont know but I doubt there is given how many movie songs Elvis sung.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 am

How many movie songs did Elvis sing?? Never thought of that before

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 am

It must be more than 100.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:32 am

Oops i ment to say 200!

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm

TheMaskedClown wrote:How many movie songs did Elvis sing?? Never thought of that before

I did an analysis in 1977 (yes, 1977) of Elvis's available recordings. The total was 720 of which exactly one third, i.e. 240, were movie songs.

There can never be a definitive* answer, now, but logically it has to be in excess of 240. (*it would depend on the definition of a movie song!)

Steve Morse

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Steve Morse wrote:
TheMaskedClown wrote:How many movie songs did Elvis sing?? Never thought of that before

I did an analysis in 1977 (yes, 1977) of Elvis's available recordings. The total was 720 of which exactly one third, i.e. 240, were movie songs.

There can never be a definitive* answer, now, but logically it has to be in excess of 240. (*it would depend on the definition of a movie song!)

Steve Morse

Pretty close to my number.

Like I said prior, I did make my own version and my collection contains 261 movie songs. This includes reprises, instrumentals, and songs like Husky Dusky Day.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 pm

I always fine audio of the movie versions rather an unenjoyable listening experience, especially when literally taken off the soundtrack - the Sinatra boxed set covering his Hollywood recordings lifted a number of tracks directly from the film and that, too, makes for awkward listening - as do some soundtrack albums such as that for the 1954 Star Is Born.