Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: MRS (EP) ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ Press release !

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Master of Muppets wrote:Hi KOTJ, I too heard the samples, its a great improvement as you described, im sure those who bought the Hayride will be just as pleased. 8)

MRS has really upped it's game in the sound department with the new engineers (Studio D is it?). This is the second time in a row that they've released a go-to source (soundwise) for a certain bit of Elvis history. Let's hope the trend continues!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

That was Rock Legends, with an s. I am a totally different person.
It would be nice to be able to say that I have released various soundboards, but alas, I have not.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Matthew wrote:And we wonder why the outside world think Elvis fans are nutters!

You might wonder, but I've known it for years.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm

BrianTCB wrote:OH MY GOD...I want this. I want this in such amazing sound quality. :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

We all want it in amazing sound quality. The source for this version, however, will be from the EAP box set. Don't expect a revelation.

Certainly memphisking will provide some spin on the issue, and clearly his attack dogs will defend this upcoming "rip" at all costs; but the reality is that this set will offer nothing new to fans who already have the show via the EAP box set or bootleg.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 pm

midnightx wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:OH MY GOD...I want this. I want this in such amazing sound quality. :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

We all want it in amazing sound quality. The source for this version, however, will be from the EAP box set. Don't expect a revelation.

Certainly memphisking will provide some spin on the issue, and clearly his attack dogs will defend this upcoming "rip" at all costs; but the reality is that this set will offer nothing new to fans who already have the show via the EAP box set or bootleg.

As usual, sound and fury signifying nothing.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:29 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:
midnightx wrote:

As usual, sound and fury signifying nothing.

ha ha , I dont see why they just dont copy and paste all their comments from previous MRS posts. It would sure save them having to write the same thing every time. And the Doc is still yet to be awakened on the far side of the planet. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Master of Muppets wrote:I dont see why they just dont copy and paste all their comments from previous MRS posts. It would sure save them having to write the same thing every time.

... and it would save the more serious fans/collectors the time to have to go through the continious catfighting ...

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:From what I've been told, it seems that this recording has been sourced from the CD version of the ELVIS ARON PRESLEY box-set. These producers did not try to go back to the original source (which is still in existence but hasn’t been used in 30 years, & would definitely benefit from a new remastering)… seems a bit pointless to me.

This is a little bit of a let-down, as I'm sure the original tape(s) can be cleaned-up and restored very nicely...
Now, using the CD version of the ELVIS ARON PRESLEY box-set it'll be just some knob twitching job with no big changes audiowise (something I can do myself at home)... but still a beautiful packaging tho' :cry:

Why people think otherwise is a mystery.

Really big news would be the discovery and release of the 1961 Memphis shows. This will not come from MRS.

hm80ep wrote:Where did you find that info and cover, memphisflash? It looks to me like a new (or rather "new") import label is jumping on the bandwagon trying to cash in.

If this other release is truly sourced from different/better tapes, it will be the one serious collectors must have. Of course, it won't have a book with repurposed photos.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:42 pm

If the announcement was that FTD or Legacy was reissuing the '61 show from EAP in remastered sound quality, the MRS fan-boys would not be championing the release. That again is where the hypocrisy lies. It doesn't matter what MRS does, any release is a sonic marvel and a cause for celebration.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:44 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:Anyway, on to bigger topics. The MRS release ...

I'm surprised you didn't get here until page three with your insights.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:59 pm

thekingofthejungle aka Master of pupets aka Memphisking

do I need to say more, if somebody has to support himself with different identities ?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:23 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
hm80ep wrote:Where did you find that info and cover, memphisflash? It looks to me like a new (or rather "new") import label is jumping on the bandwagon trying to cash in.

If this other release is truly sourced from different/better tapes, it will be the one serious collectors must have. Of course, it won't have a book with repurposed photos.

Well, after reading various comments in this topic, we now know it won't be.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

midnightx wrote:

The source for this version, however, will be from the EAP box set. Don't expect a revelation.

Prove it, Columbo.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Thekingstillrocks wrote:thekingofthejungle aka Master of pupets aka Memphisking

do I need to say more, if somebody has to support himself with different identities ?

Hahaha!
Just as I pointed out when you were peddling that ridiculous story about the "spliced in" reprise of YLTLF: just because you say it doesn't make it so!

In any event, the sound samples are the proverbial proof-in-the-pudding. Pretty soon everyone will be able to make their own comparison, and draw their own conclusions (not that some here haven't already - without as much as a whit of evidence, but what can you say, this is the FECC, the beat goes on).

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:25 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KingOfTheJungle wrote:Anyway, on to bigger topics. The MRS release ...

I'm surprised you didn't get here until page three with your insights.

I should say the same for you.

Sometimes I suspect you and midnightx are on the MRS payroll. The constant back and forth you guys provide always keep MRS-related posts at the top of the front page - sticky or not!!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Incredible to see that the same people who obviously hate everything MRS releases can hack to pieces something which hasn't even been released!
Need any further proof of their objectiveness?

I say, it looks fantastic and let's just wait and see how the sound is!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Well, I'm looking forward to it.

But, hey -- that's just me.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Rob wrote:Well, I'm looking forward to it.

But, hey -- that's just me.

Good for you Rob! I'm looking forward to it myself as well, despite all the negativity that's spread around here.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 pm

I don't need to look forward to it; I already have a copy from the same source.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm

i,m getting this, It,s an upgraded ( Regardless of source) version of a great Elvis concert and comes with a 100 page book full of relevant pictures and will cost ten or eleven quid, What is there to be negative about ?.

Alan.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:27 pm

I must say it is almost bizaare FTD haven't released this yet.

There must be a reason, surely.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm

one of my friends is wanting this, but doesn't do online shopping. Does anyone know if they sell in mainstream shops? ta

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Yes ! ;-)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 pm

google is your friend.

You can just buy this font. As all graphic designers know.
http://www.sitesketch101.com/10-trashy-fonts-grunge-collection/

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Matthew wrote:And we wonder why the outside world think Elvis fans are nutters!

We're not the only nuts in this world, Matthew >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddwK3ycks-k