Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: MRS (EP) ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ Press release !

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Thekingstillrocks wrote:Hey (Master of Puppets)(this nick should point out what you try to do!) why are you not open about the source ?

ha, i think he would laugh at that. :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Cough cough... What MRS have done has been great for Elvis as well as other labels , It sounds like praising yourself.....and I do find it expensive if I see similar ones for 6.99 and 7.99 at HMV.
Just taking of the box set with the sound already done by Dennis Ferrante (Who won a Grammy for his work..) little hiss removal & little delay and presto new CD.
Would it be a new cock-up sound like with the extra audio placed on the FC (The box which shall not me named).
Those samples must be extremely good Mein Herr..

The massive Book "HAWAII" by Erik Lorenzen gives us many known and unknown photos in large format, The "Elvis in Hawaii" Book of Jerry Hopkins is a perfect read with again many photos, Tunzi's Hawaii'61 book were you likely use the photos from so whats the point of spending money for a show I have on the Silverbox and more photos in these quality books. and I guess FTD will release this very shortly.....

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Master of Muppets wrote:But then unfortunately one remembers this is an MRS project so the usual 'matthews' and 'Docs' of this world will always be forthcoming with speculations without any insight to what really goes on behind any scenes.

This must be some of that manipulation hinted at in another post. I've not offered any speculation about this release so your attemps to stack the deck will fail.

Besides, memphisking can clear up once and for all the question of source tape for this new release.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:10 pm

And what's this ?!?

HAWAII: FOR GOD AND COUNTRY BLVD CD 6101-2

Release date: March 26th, 2012

3764 BLVD Publishing offers; The complete benefit show for the Arizona Memorial fund plus the radio broadcast from Uncle Tom’s Cabin a few days earlier to promote the Elvis Show.
This historical show is the only one available of the only 3 shows given in the 60’s before Elvis disappeared from the stage for 8 years. Only 3 days later he started filming “Blue Hawaii”.

The audio is remastered and optimized for maximum listing pleasure; priority has been given to historical value. Nevertheless it will be a thrill to discover the excitement of the only Elvis Show in 1961 recorded to date. The sound on this release is a significant improvement over earlier versions.
A 24 page booklet accompanies the CD (with more than 74 minutes running time), to give detailed background info + many rare photos in b&w and in color. Also included are clippings, articles and items from the show and the fund raising.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by memphisflash on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 pm

I think the clue, as I found, will be in the dropouts on the CD. On the MRS samples they are different. Bits that just did not exist on the CD are there. That is what impressed me. If it originated from the CD you would hear the same dropouts. This was not the case with MRS, and they dont just come back from thin air. So you will all hear that for yourself, since samples are coming.

Also I have just been told that 'thekingstillrocks' aka BSR was the one who handed a CD for FTD. Yes, the same guy who did all those cock-ups on so many releases including his own avatar labels. And never did he release anything new. He had samples years ago and i am being sent his sample. I am told the dropouts on BSR are exactly the same as on the CD that FTD may or might be planning to release in the future. TAKEN FROM THE CD!! Not like whats on the MRS.

As you can see, 'thekingstillrocks' is very upset today. Can you imagine, an FTD mastered from this guy, taken from the CD! No thank you!

So I wont badger this man, you must understand, his dream for many years ended today. :smt005

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Just a thought on this one. Surely we are in a position where a tape that was used 30 years ago may well not be usable today? Tape deteriorates severely over time, especially if not kept in ideal conditions. While it may have been the master tape 3 decades ago, anyone wanting to remaster it today may well have to bypass that tape and use a later copy from down the line.

Either way, many will be happy to see this is any form of improved sound. Sony/FTD would have known that this was coming out of copyright on Jan 1, 2012 in Europe, and so it is probably safe to assume that they would have released their own version by that date if they were going to as it wil appear now not just on MRS but on multiple other PD labels.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:45 pm

If FTD would release it (how do you know?), they will use their own master I guess, so why make a point , I don't get it.
Personally I don't care how they done it , just that it is " GOOD ". and no hiss tinkering or delay B*S

And what is your inputt on the photos ?
I'm just asking politely ?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:57 pm

well it seems either you refer to me or Joe. I cant speak for him. But since it seems you are referring to my posts, so yes, in light of you receiving a heart crashing press release, I will not badger you since i am told that you are depressed today and that your dreams are over. Seriously did you really think the fans want to hear another balls up. I believe tcb1 wants answers since your good at asking questions. ANY GOOD AT ANSWERING?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:21 pm

tcb1 wrote:
Thekingstillrocks wrote:If FTD would release it (how do you know?), they will use their own master I guess, so why make a point , I don't get it.
Personally I don't care how they done it , just that it is " GOOD ". and no hiss tinkering or delay B*S

And what is your inputt on the photos ?
I'm just asking politely ?

Strange post?
anyway
is this you? Could be the reason you’re so upset? As the artwork has your stamp on it..

Sent: 23 January 2012 11:05:43
Thekingstillrocks@gmail.com
1 attachment | Download all as zip (11.5 MB)

Hawaii - For God And Country.docx (11.5 MB) View online

You have now probably lost out big time? And I have asked you to stop e-mailing me after your fantastic kind offer of 5 FREE copies of A Day In Dayton to raffle for a cancer charity here in the UK, and guess what I am still waiting, but am I surprised no..
So please stop forwarding me your stuff as I will never buy from you direct, because of your lack of morals and false promises.

WOW! so FTD did reject BSR and now he (thekingstillrocks) is releasing an import version out in March. How funny. No wonder he is upset with MRS. How can an import label compete with what will be a very good price of around 10 or something pounds from MRS with 100 pages in a hardback book.

Hey kingstillrocks, mind telling us what your source is ? :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 , cos I know :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Poor bastard :smt005

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I received the preview mail this morning . And about the raffle , you didn't wanted it anymore. At the time I offered you even to refund the costs , since you wrote me that you gave a few yourself.
But I do like this release better it looks what it should be, about the Memorial of the victims at Pearl Habor and not a "57 rock and roll show , this 1961 Elvis show was more than just a performance !

but that my opinion

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Thekingstillrocks wrote:I received the preview mail this morning . And about the raffle , you didn't wanted it anymore. At the time I offered you even to refund the costs , since you wrote me that you gave a few yourself.
But I do like this release better it looks what it should be, about the Memorial of the victims at Pearl Habor and not a "57 rock and roll show , this 1961 Elvis show was more than just a performance !

but that my opinion

you really are sad, well of course your gonna tell everyone one to buy your cheap bootleg product . :smt003 :smt003

how do you know what this MRS is about. Have you seen the book?

Are you paying any royalties to songwriters on your release? :oops:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:52 pm

INFO, the benefit show has been recorded in 4 sources of which 3 are used by RCA in 1980 on the silver box. (one was really very bad) Ofcourse they took the best. Togeher it is the complete fair sounding recording with enough audience to get deaf.
MRS did "fixed" recordings before.
There are no more recordings available. So left or right it has to come from the same recordings.

It's an offical release, you should know.

p.s. this is my last comment on this, all is said now, it will only be repeated in offensive way, in later postings.

::rocks

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

memphisflash wrote:And what's this ?!?

3764 BLVD Publishing offers; The complete benefit show for the Arizona Memorial fund plus the radio broadcast from Uncle Tom’s Cabin a few days earlier to promote the Elvis Show.
This historical show is the only one available of the only 3 shows given in the 60’s before Elvis disappeared from the stage for 8 years. Only 3 days later he started filming “Blue Hawaii”.

The audio is remastered and optimized for maximum listing pleasure; priority has been given to historical value. Nevertheless it will be a thrill to discover the excitement of the only Elvis Show in 1961 recorded to date. The sound on this release is a significant improvement over earlier versions.
A 24 page booklet accompanies the CD (with more than 74 minutes running time), to give detailed background info + many rare photos in b&w and in color. Also included are clippings, articles and items from the show and the fund raising.

Where did you find that info and cover, memphisflash? It looks to me like a new (or rather "new") import label is jumping on the bandwagon trying to cash in.

I think I'll go with the MRS product as there's a ninety-something page book to it plus the £11 (or so) price tag is more than appealing.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:27 pm

And we wonder why the outside world think Elvis fans are nutters!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:37 pm

hm80ep wrote:
memphisflash wrote:And what's this ?!?

Where did you find that info and cover, memphisflash? It looks to me like a new (or rather "new") import label is jumping on the bandwagon trying to cash in.

I think I'll go with the MRS product as there's a ninety-something page book to it plus the £11 (or so) price tag is more than appealing.

There was a digital flyer in my mailbox with this info - and I have to say, the B/W cover is an excellent design!! kudos' !! I like it a lot more that the cover from MRS ... (The 'for God and Country' title is then again horrible)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:49 pm

The complete info is also on the import section of this site.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:50 pm

tcb1 wrote:http://www.crocko.com/49C4290A7BD5409CAA6E533D088E888F/Hawaii_-_For_God_And_Country.docx

Here is the e-mailed word doc that I got along with a number of others no doubt, looks nice but thekingstillrocks artwork has always been good, it’s just the rest that leaves a lot to be desired.

So basically all that's happened here is that thekingstillrocks has started a new import label instead of using his GRM label. So yes, one can assume, going on their past releases, the artwork will be nice and the CD will be shite.

How so funny how this post turned. MRS do a press release then a bootlegger comes on here himself slamming the MRS and then we find out that he is the one releasing the import version. :smt003 :smt003

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

This "Hawaii" writing on the import version i saw on my latest Elvis Magazine from the german EPG Fanclub :oops:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Master of Muppets wrote:
tcb1 wrote:http://www.crocko.com/49C4290A7BD5409CAA6E533D088E888F/Hawaii_-_For_God_And_Country.docx

Here is the e-mailed word doc that I got along with a number of others no doubt, looks nice but thekingstillrocks artwork has always been good, it’s just the rest that leaves a lot to be desired.

So basically all that's happened here is that thekingstillrocks has started a new import label instead of using his GRM label. So yes, one can assume, going on their past releases, the artwork will be nice and the CD will be shite.

How so funny how this post turned. MRS do a press release then a bootlegger comes on here himself slamming the MRS and then we find out that he is the one releasing the import version. :smt003 :smt003

Well the false advertising surrounding Sittin' On Top Of The World would make a change of name pretty necessary for GRM. Especially after the producer refused to correct the ridiculous error on that release. They edit out the single best moment in a show advertised as complete, and then insist that the YLTLF reprise was edited in to the BMG release despite every piece of evidence showing them to be liars. I guess they'd rather be "Sittin' On Top Of A Pile Of Cash' than provide a product that satisfies the customer. So now GRM has another name. But you know what they say...a rose by any other name. They'll probably advertise the complete 61' show, and then edit out 'Reconsider Baby' or something!

Anyway, on to bigger topics. The MRS release is certainly not mastered from the Silver Box CDs. Not only have I heard the sound samples, that you'll soon all be hearing, but I know where the tape they used was acquired. MRS have managed to get a lot of life out of this show, it doesn't sound like a perfect multitrack, but it's quite a step up from the old BMG discs. The instrumentation is fuller, and it doesn't sound like it was taped off an old loudspeaker anymore. I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is very few will be disappointed with the results.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Jamba wrote:This "Hawaii" writing on the import version i saw on my latest Elvis Magazine from the german EPG Fanclub :oops:

Wow. You'd think they'd at least be able to dig into the back issues for material to plagiarize from!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Jamba wrote:This "Hawaii" writing on the import version i saw on my latest Elvis Magazine from the german EPG Fanclub :oops:

:smt003 :smt003 , and it goes on , I dont believe it. Me and tcb1 were just praising what a good designer he is (trying of course to give him some credit) and now we find he stole the artwork from the latest fan club magazine 'Graceland' from Germany. :smt003 :smt003

can this get any better :smt003 :smt003
Last edited by Master of Muppets on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

I don’t know what all this “let’s piss on the-king-still-rocks” is all about, suffice it to say that it’s a bit sad to see the MRS people showing their true colours here. Clearly, they are a rather nasty bunch. Or maybe they are just trying to shift the focus from several relevant questions on this thread, like mine about the source. All we get instead is these vague, half crypted messages that don’t mean diddley squat. They are trumpeting the fact that they manipulated the recording, much like they did with some of the early Hayride stuff (by using studio versions)… Am I supposed to be thrilled because they covered up some of the flaws on the recording with the studio recordings… I’d rather listen to the original recording with flaws than to have to listen to MRS(s) Frankenstein-like abominations of Elvis’ recorded work. It’s just not right.
Last edited by Rock Legend on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Rock Legend wrote:I don’t know what all this “let’s piss on the-king-still-rocks” is all about, suffice it to say that it’s a bit sad to see the MRS people showing their true colours here. Clearly, they are a rather nasty bunch. Or maybe they are just trying to shift the focus from several relevant questions on this thread, like mine about the source. All we get instead is these vague, half crypted messages that don’t mean diddley squat. They are trumpeting the fact that they manipulated the recording, much like they did with some of the early Hayride stuff (by using studio versions)… Am I supposed to be thrilled because they covered up some of the flaws on the recording with the studio recordings… I’d rather listen to the original recording with flaws that to have to listen to MRS(s) Frankenstein-like abominations of Elvis’ recorded work. It’s just not right.

ahhh, the early Hayride stuff, fantastic :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Rock Legend wrote:I don’t know what all this “let’s piss on the-king-still-rocks” is all about, suffice it to say that it’s a bit sad to see the MRS people showing their true colours here. Clearly, they are a rather nasty bunch. Or maybe they are just trying to shift the focus from several relevant questions on this thread, like mine about the source. All we get instead is these vague, half crypted messages that don’t mean diddley squat. They are trumpeting the fact that they manipulated the recording, much like they did with some of the early Hayride stuff (by using studio versions)… Am I supposed to be thrilled because they covered up some of the flaws on the recording with the studio recordings… I’d rather listen to the original recording with flaws than to have to listen to MRS(s) Frankenstein-like abominations of Elvis’ recorded work. It’s just not right.

If you argue through through a 10 plus page thread where he keeps insulting your intelligence by claiming the reprise of YLTLF was spliced onto the BMG cd of the 08/12/70 M.S. (a baldfaced LIE), you might understand my low regard for GRM. If he'd just fessed up and admitted the error, no big deal. But to pretend that Ernst, myself, and every other student of the TTWII shows were idiots because a few of us revealed an error in one of his productions is just petty.

And Let's not pretend that all MRS did was cut in a bit of "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" on their excellent Hayride release. Yes they repaired the incomplete track with bits of the master, if I want to hear the incomplete version, all I have to do is pick up Sunrise. The removal of acetate noise from the 1/15/55 and 1/21/55 acetates was a remarkable achievement, rendering them listenable for the first time. Is it an audiophile's dream? No, the material is too damaged and it never will be. It is, however, the best presentation of the material we have had the pleasure to receive so far.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:03 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:I don’t know what all this “let’s piss on the-king-still-rocks” is all about, suffice it to say that it’s a bit sad to see the MRS people showing their true colours here. Clearly, they are a rather nasty bunch. Or maybe they are just trying to shift the focus from several relevant questions on this thread, like mine about the source. All we get instead is these vague, half crypted messages that don’t mean diddley squat. Joe Pirzada is his name, smoke and mirrors is his game. They are trumpeting the fact that they manipulated the recording, much like they did with some of the early Hayride stuff (by using studio versions)… Am I supposed to be thrilled because they covered up some of the flaws on the recording with the studio recordings… I’d rather listen to the original recording with flaws than to have to listen to JP’s Frankenstein-like abominations of Elvis’ recorded work. It’s just not right.

If you argue through through a 10 plus page thread where he keeps insulting your intelligence by claiming the reprise of YLTLF was spliced onto the BMG cd of the 08/12/70 M.S. (a baldfaced LIE), you might understand my low regard for GRM. If he'd just fessed up and admitted the error, no big deal. But to pretend that Ernst, myself, and every other student of the TTWII shows were idiots because a few of us revealed an error in one of his productions is just petty.

And Let's not pretend that all MRS did was cut in a bit of "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" on their excellent Hayride release. Yes they repaired the incomplete track with bits of the master, if I want to hear the incomplete version, all I have to do is pick up Sunrise. The removal of acetate noise from the 1/15/55 and 1/21/55 acetates was a remarkable achievement, rendering them listenable for the first time. Is it an audiophile's dream? No, the material is too damaged and it never will be. It is, however, the best presentation of the material we have had the pleasure to receive so far.

Hi KOTJ, I too heard the samples, its a great improvement as you described, im sure those who bought the Hayride will be just as pleased. 8)