Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: MRS (EP) ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ Press release !

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Simon1 wrote:Wow, just listened to some samples and there is a VAST improvement, I don't think anyone can deny that. And like PEP says, these are even low resolution MP3 samples, just imagine how good the actual CD will sound!

What a great treat by MRS, one of Elvis' most historic performances vastly improved. I can't wait till its release. Well done MRS.

Well, some already have, a few others soon will...

Earlier today I have given the Silver Box CD1 a spin and will happily purchase the upcoming upgrade of one of my favorite Elvis shows. Roll on April 2nd. :smt001

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 pm

I know Henryk,

But that all stems from grudges, any unbiased fan will recognize its improvement. Even if MRS would produce the show on Blu-Ray from professionally filmed 35mm film they would nag about it, life's too short to listen to children like that.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Simon1 wrote:Even if MRS would produce the show on Blu-Ray from professionally filmed 35mm film they would nag about it

That'd be quite something, do you think it'd have a nice watermark over the footage?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Simon1 wrote:But that all stems from grudges, any unbiased fan will recognize its improvement. Even if MRS would produce the show on Blu-Ray from professionally filmed 35mm film they would nag about it ...

"They" might indeed "nag" if said Blu-ray used someone else's "professionally filmed 35mm film" and tried to pass it off as a "new, improved source." It's called cutting through the hype. Is this a difficult concept for you to accept, or are you intolerant of intelligent fans who ask such questions?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Simon1 wrote:But that all stems from grudges, any unbiased fan will recognize its improvement. Even if MRS would produce the show on Blu-Ray from professionally filmed 35mm film they would nag about it ...

"They" might indeed "nag" if said Blu-ray used someone else's "professionally filmed 35mm film" and tried to pass it off as a "new, improved source." It's called cutting through the hype. Is this a difficult concept for you to accept, or are you intolerant of intelligent fans who ask such questions?

No Doc, I'm intolerant of fans who complain about a release while the complaints have nothing to do with the contents but who releases it.
Have you listened to the sound samples for instance? Don't you think it sounds better? You would do yourself such a big favour if you just did that for once and just be honest instead of trying to sink any product from someone you have a grudge against.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:20 pm

tcb1 wrote:Doc try and stay with us it was a hypothetical post ...

Try to stay with us, it was a hypothetical reply -- and a truism.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Matthew wrote:
Simon1 wrote:Even if MRS would produce the show on Blu-Ray from professionally filmed 35mm film they would nag about it

That'd be quite something, do you think it'd have a nice watermark over the footage?

Instead of trying to be funny, delve deep inside your psyche and figure out whether you could show you're happy if that were to happen.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Once again Doc, have you listened to the samples? Do you agree with almost everyone that it sounds better?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Simon1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No Doc, I'm intolerant of fans who complain about a release while the complaints have nothing to do with the contents but who releases it.
Have you listened to the sound samples for instance? Don't you think it sounds better? You would do yourself such a big favour if you just did that for once and just be honest instead of trying to sink any product from someone you have a grudge against.

Well put.
Thanks for this insightful contribution.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Simon1 wrote:Once again Doc, have you listened to the samples? Do you agree with almost everyone that it sounds better?

I am waiting for some high-quality sample postings by any of the "insiders" who have been hyping the audio across three or four threads on FECC. I may be waiting a long, long time.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:35 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Well put.
Thanks for this insightful contribution.

You're quite welcome.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:35 am

Link to all the sound samples

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007 ... 611&sr=1-1

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:12 am

WOW! sounds fantastic im getting if for sure! i knew this tape could be imporved on what we have already... FTD should have released this by now... snooze u loose

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:36 am

I've heard it again and it's great! Just listen to "That's All Right".

Sorry folks but any person able to deny the improvement is crazy or burning in envy.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:06 am

I just listened to the sound samples and then played comparisons with the RCA version. Sorry folks, there is not a significant improvement. It is completely disingenuous for MRS-homers to chime in with the rhetorical "wows" when there honestly is not a noticeable difference. Trust me; if the MRS release was from a "new" earlier generation source and there was an obvious difference in fidelity, I would have no problem acquiring the release for myself. If this is a different source than the RCA recording, it is from someone else's copy of the same tape. If you want to support MRS, no problem. But at least be honest about what this release truly represents. It is an audio rip of the RCA tape, made available in Europe under the public domain laws. A great opportunity for fans that don't have access to the RCA version or previous bootleg versions. For fans that already have the show, there is little value in obtaining it once more except for the hardcore fans that collect every new Elvis release. This is not going to be a blockbuster release as some would contend. The concert has been available for years in the same sound quality. I'm content with my RCA version. I would have loved to have heard a better source.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:53 am

midnightx wrote:I just listened to the sound samples and then played comparisons with the RCA version. Sorry folks, there is not a significant improvement. It is completely disingenuous for MRS-homers to chime in with the rhetorical "wows" when there honestly is not a noticeable difference. Trust me; if the MRS release was from a "new" earlier generation source and there was an obvious difference in fidelity, I would have no problem acquiring the release for myself. If this is a different source than the RCA recording, it is from someone else's copy of the same tape. If you want to support MRS, no problem. But at least be honest about what this release truly represents. It is an audio rip of the RCA tape, made available in Europe under the public domain laws. A great opportunity for fans that don't have access to the RCA version or previous bootleg versions. For fans that already have the show, there is little value in obtaining it once more except for the hardcore fans that collect every new Elvis release. This is not going to be a blockbuster release as some would contend. The concert has been available for years in the same sound quality. I'm content with my RCA version. I would have loved to have heard a better source.

Liar, im calling you a liar! :shock: But since you are part of the 3 Musketeers with Matthew and the Doc it comes as no surprise to us fans.
Within seconds there is a noticeable difference on these low res mp3's. This cannot be denied. This is night and day. But fans serious about the issue and not into politics know this. Facts speak for themselves, you wanna look like a dick then be a dick, its your choice.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:17 am

Master of Muppets wrote:
midnightx wrote:I just listened to the sound samples and then played comparisons with the RCA version. Sorry folks, there is not a significant improvement. It is completely disingenuous for MRS-homers to chime in with the rhetorical "wows" when there honestly is not a noticeable difference. Trust me; if the MRS release was from a "new" earlier generation source and there was an obvious difference in fidelity, I would have no problem acquiring the release for myself. If this is a different source than the RCA recording, it is from someone else's copy of the same tape. If you want to support MRS, no problem. But at least be honest about what this release truly represents. It is an audio rip of the RCA tape, made available in Europe under the public domain laws. A great opportunity for fans that don't have access to the RCA version or previous bootleg versions. For fans that already have the show, there is little value in obtaining it once more except for the hardcore fans that collect every new Elvis release. This is not going to be a blockbuster release as some would contend. The concert has been available for years in the same sound quality. I'm content with my RCA version. I would have loved to have heard a better source.

Liar, im calling you a liar! :shock: But since you are part of the 3 Musketeers with Matthew and the Doc it comes as no surprise to us fans.
Within seconds there is a noticeable difference on these low res mp3's. This cannot be denied. This is night and day. But fans serious about the issue and not into politics know this. Facts speak for themselves, you wanna look like a dick then be a dick, its your choice.

+1

Their credibility is in question. And "observations" by them in the past has been
more than a little dicey.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:20 am

It is not noticeable. To suggest that there is a significant difference between the fidelity on the RCA recording and this newest rip by MRS is disingenuous and rhetorical spin. "Night and day" difference? Now, that is comical. I have no agenda here. I already pointed out that if this was truly a noticeable, significant improvement in sound from an obviously different source, I would be on board in a second. This concert is one of Elvis' finest live documents available; there would be no reason to denounce it for the sake of spite if it were truly a holy grail audio discovery. You guys have will do anything to promote MRS product.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:29 am

Maybe not night and day, but the dropouts seems to be gone...and I like that :wink:

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:30 am

Same distorted sound I have heard for years.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:36 am

Bullshit? I was the one who did a side-by-side comparison. Did you? I truly wondered if this MRS set was going to deliver the goods; and the answer is no. Some of you guys are looking for this mind-blowing improvement in sound. But the reality is, it is not there. I would love to hear it and be first in line to get this historic concert in kick-ass sound. This release will offer nothing to owners of the RCA version.

Edit: Looks like Jeff D has deleted his "bull sh*t" post.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Simon1 wrote:Once again Doc, have you listened to the samples? Do you agree with almost everyone that it sounds better?

I am waiting for some high-quality sample postings by any of the "insiders" who have been hyping the audio across three or four threads on FECC. I may be waiting a long, long time.

I have beeb waiting longer for the same deal with "insiders" to the SUN project :D

Been waiting for a long, long time.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:05 am

midnightx wrote:Bullshit? I was the one who did a side-by-side comparison. Did you? I truly wondered if this MRS set was going to deliver the goods; and the answer is no. Some of you guys are looking for this mind-blowing improvement in sound. But the reality is, it is not there. I would love to hear it and be first in line to get this historic concert in kick-ass sound. This release will offer nothing to owners of the RCA version.

Edit: Looks like Jeff D has deleted his "bull sh*t" post.

i just decided to delete my comment, if you don't hear a difference that is your perogative, as for me i WILL be buying this release.

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:20 am

I don't think prerogative has anything to do with it. I listened to the audio from the Amazon samples and the RCA version and came away with an opinion. You seem defensive about your choice to buy the MRS release. Hope it fulfills your needs. I already have a version that sounds as good. If I didn't have the EAP Silver Box, I would absolutely consider obtaining the MRS release. It is a great show. Again, none of this is the issue. The issue many of us are discussing has to do with the disingenuous rhetoric by the MRS staff-members and cheerleaders that this upcoming release contains a significant improvement in sound and that it is from an obvious new source. MRS would have more credibility if it were honest about what this release really is.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 am

If MRS produced their version of "Elvis Golden Records" with the same tracks as the original and clearly ripped from RCA.

I would buy it just for the packaging alone. Superb at a modest price.

'