Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: De Agostini launches an official Elvis collector’s editi

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Wouldn't be much better if you post all your findings in Elvis Media section ?

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:09 am

Is this just a German language version of the forgetable UK part work issued about a few years ago

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Is this just a German language version of the forgetable UK part work issued about a few years ago

Yes it is but I thought it was quite good actually.it didn't offer anything new but it was a good for a bit of revision and there were a few good articles on the albums,singles and movies and the artefacts were nice to see especially the mini posters for the movies and shows.

norrie

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:44 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Is this just a German language version of the forgetable UK part work issued about a few years ago

Forgettable? This was a lovely set with many rare photos. The poster and artefact alone made each issue worthwhile. I don't think this series deserves your negative slant.

elvisonline

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:00 am

I don't know the exact price, but each issue will be sold for app. 10€.

On Saturday I was at an Elvis meeting and could take a look at the first two issues. I don't think it's worth the price, especially because I already own the movies on DVD and I'm not interested in copies of the King's drivers licence and stuff like that. I have the book "Elvis 1935-1977" by R. Gordon and it contains enough copies of documents. So there's no need to get more. I'm also not interested in Elvis mugs or Elvis clocks or the wonderful collector's box.

As far as I know the English version was spread over more than 90 issues and considering the fact that each one is sold for a little over10€ it adds up to more than 900€. I certainly prefer to spend this amount for books like THE ELVIS FILES or the forthcoming Classic Albums from FTD.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 pm

The English language version of the De Ag series had about 200 unseen pictures - to me this was fantastic! There were some beautiful candids, for example from movie sets, where Elvis looked so relaxed and pleasant, making you realize how comparatively unnatural and tense he was on screen in many of the movies..........

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:13 pm

If the English-languaged version would be for sale here in Holland I'd surely buy all isues.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:10 pm

elvisonline wrote:

Forgettable? This was a lovely set with many rare photos. The poster and artefact alone made each issue worthwhile. I don't think this series deserves your negative slant.

elvisonline

Totally agree! I own all the 90 volumes, and its really a thrill to own this collection. Beside many familiar pics theres lots a great pics in there that you don't see often. Also, i love the great publicity pics they use for the front covers.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:22 pm

"Worth every single penny" and a great treasure to any fan!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 pm

Yes, I thought it was superb and nicely put together. I'm annoyed though, that some ebay sellers try to sell on the duplicate artifacts from this set as originals! :cry:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:19 am

There are many, many, many rare photos in those 90 magazines. I have not read any of the articles in these magazines, but the photos are worth the price. But 10 euros for one magazine? That can not be true.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:13 am

I have the complete set of the U.K original issue, but didn't take the option of buying the DVD's as I aready had them.

I consider it a fantastic set with great pictures and articles - well worth collecting. When you add up the total cost I may not have bought it as a one off, but, of course, you always pay more for weekly part-works. The complete set of 6 volumnes together with the 2 boxes of artifacts and posters do look very impressive!