Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Stellar in Atlanta (Touchdown)

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 am

"Stellar In Atlanta" certainly doesn't sound as great as "Royal Gambit In Richfield" or "The Request Box Shows", but there are a lot of worse sounding audience recordings out there. And some of them were even welcomed by some of you experts.... :wink:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 am

The Welz wrote:I received my copy a few days ago and since then I have listened to this CD a few times. The show itself is very good. Elvis doesn't waste any time with talking or overlong band introductions, but is doing what he could do best: Singing! And he really does a great job. The set list is a very good mixture of old and new and includes many musical highlights. And I could even enjoy them, because the sound quality is quite good for an audience recording. As usual Touchdown spent some time on the packaging and like before they were successful. The cover looks great, the liner notes are well written and the booklet is well designed.

To make it short: "Stellar In Atlanta" is a fine release and can be recommended to all concert collectors! :D

Having just recieved my copy i can generally agree.....with a few additional notes:-
1.)it lists on the back of the booklet notes that Jerry Scheff was playing Bass- WRONG..it was Emery Gordy
2.) its starts by reviewing the concert in the text, starting by mentioning Nashville....which was the next days concerts!!
3.) the sound certainly improves to much clearer after a slightly fast running and very noisy audience recorded start to the CD, so i played it twice so far and especially enjoyed hearing Kathy's Vocal on Something+What now my Love-excellent.I have heard much worse so maybe sound is 7.5 or at best 8/10...still below such masterful releases as the Straight Arrow's 26th Aug 1973 double CD which is a lovely 9/10 audience sound but i don't regret buying this CD...although i bought it in no rush! :lol: :wink: :roll:

Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Ciscoking wrote:And why...?..The old one already was o.k.. :smt102

Some people will buy it twice! Havn't we already had this show before many moons ago?? :roll:

Wed May 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Tony.. wrote:

Some people will buy it twice! Havn't we already had this show before many moons ago?? :roll:

No, we have not. The June 30, 1973 ES made its silver disc debut on "Stellar In Atlanta." We got the AS on a CD called "Elvis Mania Atlanta" back in 1993.

Wed May 16, 2012 9:54 pm

hm80ep wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

No, we have not. The June 30, 1973 ES made its silver disc debut on "Stellar In Atlanta." We got the AS on a CD called "Elvis Mania Atlanta" back in 1993.

I was referring to the new cover and NOT the show, Gentlemen !...Read carefully.. :wink:

Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

I was referring to the new cover and NOT the show, Gentlemen !...Read carefully.. :wink:

Not guilty. I just answered Tony's question. :smt001

Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm confused here.....this 'new' stellar in Atlanta isn't the A/S is it because it sounded like to me eLVIS SAYS GOOD AFTERNOON! and the track listing for both shows is the same! bit confusing eh?

Thu May 17, 2012 7:44 pm

No need for confusion.... :wink:

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/E ... tlanta.htm

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/S ... tlanta.htm

Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 am

:lol: Many thanks now i understand the A/S was released as an 'incomplete show'! :wink:

Fri May 18, 2012 8:59 am

It sounds ok for what it is

Fri May 18, 2012 5:18 pm

YDKM wrote::lol: Many thanks now i understand the A/S was released as an 'incomplete show'! :wink:

Don`t understand.please help me..

:?:

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:36 am

Just got around to play this show in full on surround sound, and sitting in the next room I find the best way to listen to some audience recordings. What a high energy show with Elvis really in to it, and really wanting to please the crowd and let his showmanship take charge. When the conditions were right no one could beat him.