Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Stellar in Atlanta (Touchdown)

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 pm

To be released soon from touchdown is the show from atlanta 1973 june 30 evening show.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Stellar in Atlanta (Touchdown)

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Nice!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Excellent show from an outstanding tour.

Elvis once described Atlanta as his second home. His shows there were always something special.
He really sang his heart out there... the Southern audience went nuts and let the walls tremble..

The best show from this tour IMO the one in Atlanta from tour closing July 3, 1973.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

I wish someone would put out a good sounding CD of Atlanta, Dec 30, 1976, also.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Touchdown releases have proven to be worthy of purchase by this fan.

This one will be no exception, I'm sure.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 pm

stevelecher wrote:I wish someone would put out a good sounding CD of Atlanta, Dec 30, 1976, also.

+1!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Excellent show from an outstanding tour.

Elvis once described Atlanta as his second home. His shows there were always something special.
He really sang his heart out there... the Southern audience went nuts and let the walls tremble..

The best show from this tour IMO the one in Atlanta from tour closing July 3, 1973.

How is the sound on this one, Cisco ?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I have no sound sample...what we have on cdr so far is not the worst....

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Seems this soon-to-be-released CD has gotten a new cover:

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Where do you have it from...?

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Where do you have it from...?

E-mail. :smt001

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

And why...?..The old one already was o.k.. :smt102

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:30 pm

time for a soundsample :wink:

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Yep..a sound sample..please... :smt007

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Ciscoking wrote:And why...?..The old one already was o.k.. :smt102

No idea.

Robert wrote:time for a soundsample :wink:

Ciscoking wrote:Yep..a sound sample..please... :smt007

Can't help you guys. But as everyone else interested in getting this CD I'd love to hear the sample first, too.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 pm

I received my copy a few days ago and since then I have listened to this CD a few times. The show itself is very good. Elvis doesn't waste any time with talking or overlong band introductions, but is doing what he could do best: Singing! And he really does a great job. The set list is a very good mixture of old and new and includes many musical highlights. And I could even enjoy them, because the sound quality is quite good for an audience recording. As usual Touchdown spent some time on the packaging and like before they were successful. The cover looks great, the liner notes are well written and the booklet is well designed.

To make it short: "Stellar In Atlanta" is a fine release and can be recommended to all concert collectors! :D

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:46 pm

My copy of "Stellar..." is on its way (I should be getting it tomorrow) but I gotta say the sound sample available on elvisoncd.com is a little disappoining. The audio quality is ok but no more than that. I must admit I hoped for better.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 pm

hm80ep wrote:My copy of "Stellar..." is on its way (I should be getting it tomorrow) but I gotta say the sound sample available on elvisoncd.com is a little disappoining. The audio quality is ok but no more than that. I must admit I hoped for better.

Judging by that audio sample it appears to be running a shade too fast as well.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Too much hype about nothing.,..at least re sound ?

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Too much hype about nothing.,..at least re sound ?

What hype?

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Joern wrote:What hype?

If a release is done by FTD or -see guideline no. 9- every positive posting is nothing but the truth. If the master of database things a release is coming from the "wrong" people, it's nothing but hype. :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:13 pm

hm80ep wrote:My copy of "Stellar..." is on its way (I should be getting it tomorrow) but I gotta say the sound sample available on elvisoncd.com is a little disappoining. The audio quality is ok but no more than that. I must admit I hoped for better.

The soundsample is heavily compressed. The sound is better than the sample let you think - so no soundboard for sure.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:06 am

Certainly no soundboard, but there are a lot of worse sounding audience recordings around....

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:09 pm

bad sound.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 pm

The Welz wrote:Certainly no soundboard, but there are a lot of worse sounding audience recordings around....

...and much better sounding ones, too. :smt001