Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis MSG Prince From Another Planet Preview Copy

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Hello,

I was just informed that the DVD for the "Prince From Another Planet" features footage of the following:

"That's All Right"
"Proud Mary"
"Never Been To Spain"
"Polk Salad Annie"
"Reconsider Baby" (only a few seconds)
"Hound Dog"
"I'll Remember You" (missing footage at end)
"Suspicious Minds"
"Introductions"
"An American Trilogy" (footage is incomplete)
"Can't Help Falling In Love"

Daryl
Last edited by Daryl on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Elvis MSG Prince From Another Planet Preview Copy

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 pm

It's my favourite version of "introductions" too!! :lol:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 pm

I was hoping that Polk Salad Annie and Proud Mary will be included as well.... too bad...
But i still enjoy what is included.
Thanks for info ;-)
Patrick

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:18 pm

many thanks for info Daryl - TCE4Evr - ::rocks

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:34 pm

fussioman wrote:I was hoping that Polk Salad Annie and Proud Mary will be included as well.... too bad...
Thanks for info ;-)
Patrick

There was definitely footage of Polk Salad Annie shown in Memphis - the preview video there only showed segements of certain songs, but Polk Salad was definitely one of them.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:42 pm

elvis63 wrote:
fussioman wrote:I was hoping that Polk Salad Annie and Proud Mary will be included as well.... too bad...
Thanks for info ;-)
Patrick

There was definitely footage of Polk Salad Annie shown in Memphis - the preview video there only showed segements of certain songs, but Polk Salad was definitely one of them.

then its probably just a list for now not a complete list of whats on the dvd.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Polk Salad Annie and Proud Mary are on the fim and will be included :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:32 pm

robbie wrote:Polk Salad Annie and Proud Mary are on the fim and will be included :D

this is probably first generation copy of the footage we know so well but wasnt a little part of reconsider baby taped to?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
robbie wrote:Polk Salad Annie and Proud Mary are on the fim and will be included :D

this is probably first generation copy of the footage we know so well but wasnt a little part of reconsider baby taped to?

i dont think from that reel

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 pm

hmm if i combine the songs noted above with urs (at running time) i come around the 20 minutes so i think this is what we gonna get.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm

unless they found more film 8)

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:31 am

Hurray :-) now i'm really happy :-) Thanks for info robbie. Everyone have a nice weekend !
Patrick

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:52 am

Yes, I overlooked them. "Polk Salad Annie," and "Proud Mary" are there as is the few seconds of "Reconsider Baby."

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 am

for sure from what brief bits i have seen so far is certainly as far as i'm CONCERNED SONY'S MAJOR Elvis release of the year(FTD Tupelo book aside) :lol:
roll on Amazon (great price!)and my delivery in November!!!! :roll: :lol: :D 8)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello, I would have to think that for 2013, there will be a Legacy release of both "Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite" shows (Jan. 12 and 14, 1973), given the emphasis of the Aloha mosaic by EPE and the fact that four of the tracks featured on this past summers' release of "I Am An Elvis Fan" were from the "Aloha" special. ("Welcome To My World," "Burning Love," "An American Trilogy," "Suspicious Minds"). I doubt there will be much new material offered in a Legacy Edition of "Aloha," although there are some audio outtakes of the bonus songs that need released as well as the possibility of releasing the Japanese footage from Hawaii in November, 1972 as well.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Thank you for the information. Like many of you, I am really looking forward to this release. What a gift!

rlj