Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New Stereo Remixes here: Swing Down Sweet Chariot - Haw

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 am

Was really surprised to hear your re-mixes: a fabulous job. Thank you. Shall get around to listening to all of them- wish I could get them onto a CD !

Re: New Stereo Remixes here: Rubberneckin'-mono single in st

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 am

Now I must say, I was a little sceptically but the sound improvement is obvious. Have not heard all tracks but Swing Down Sweet Chariot from Hawaii 1961 has a far richer sound with more depth through stereo. I hope FTD or some import labels are picking your work up.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:57 am

Thank you so much.

You have put 'new life' into these tracks. :D

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Rubberneckin' sounds pretty amazing! You got this down to an art, however that you are doing these.
Please with all due respect sir--- Keep Them coming!

Re: New Stereo Remixes here: Praying and Paying

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:45 am

bump for One Night (of Sin)

Re: New Stereo Remixes here: Swing Down Sweet Chariot - Haw

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 am

jbgude wrote:Was really surprised to hear your re-mixes: a fabulous job. Thank you. Shall get around to listening to all of them- wish I could get them onto a CD !

You can, of course, but you should absolutely not unless . . . you check with Commander Spock, first. That is the ethical thing to do; this is clearly very hard work, very well done. I haven't downloaded anything. There are those of us who know how to do this, but with his special, difficult and magnificent work, I would not do so without going directly to him. This is serious work, very generous to let everyone hear it, so I would contact him. I'm serious. (If he says yes, he would be the one to tell you how. NOT anyone in a public forum.)

I think I was clear and logical in saying that these latest offerings are amazing! Wonders of technology! Truly. And thanks so much for sharing them with us; we are very lucky indeed. That's why we should be courteous and ethical concerning what is done with them: it's a matter of trust and goodwill. (One reason the Trek connection is so apt, along with the wonder of it all!)

::rocks

rjm
P.S. -- And if you ask him, while you're at it, do ask to be let out of the "red shirt security detail." Very dangerous work! (I hope MSpock knows what I mean.) \\//

For a bit of comic relief in connection with our favorite Commander Spock, check this out:
Some creative dude (re-)wrote and performed a song in honor of the Red Shirts, and their unhappy plight. (And very often, Commander Spock is in charge, so always check with him, and be logical! {I do mean that.}) Old Trekkies know the sad tale . . .
phpBB [video]

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:45 am

Bodie wrote:Thank you so much.

You have put 'new life' into these tracks. :D

Not only found "new life" but gone boldly where no one has gone before . . .

rjm \\//

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:48 pm

MSpock you are an incredible song mixer - THANK YOU for all of these terrific tracks you've brought new life to!

BTW...would it be possible for you to do a Stereo mix version of Promised Land from one of the live soundboard releases?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:46 pm

special request.....
can you do some work on the incomplete song ITS DIFFERENT NOW ? It would be nice to hear a decent remix with an actual ending.
Also, how about doing something with Elvis' version of THE TWELFTH OF NEVER ?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:59 pm

elvisbot wrote:special request.....
can you do some work on the incomplete song ITS DIFFERENT NOW ? It would be nice to hear a decent remix with an actual ending.

This David Briggs inspired re-working of The Twelfth Of Never is the best I've heard.
[Note the excellent post-Briggs percussion overdubs]

phpBB [video]

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:59 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
elvisbot wrote:special request.....

This David Briggs inspired re-working of The Twelfth Of Never is the best I've heard.
[Note the excellent post-Briggs percussion overdubs]

phpBB [video]

Thanks. That was very nice. That song is very special to me, personally. I listened to it, I dunno, maybe 100 times or more soon before and after I lost my mom in '08. Had it in the car, on the plane going back east for . . . the service, and coming home, without her.

It really helped.

rjm

Re: New Stereo Remixes here: My Happiness

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:38 pm

bump for My Happiness

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:37 pm

My Happiness - astonishing !!

. . . not so much for the slight stereo effect, but for the lower register, which makes it sound like the adult Elvis, maybe 1957.

Fascinating, Mr. Spock - and brilliant.

Steve Morse

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:21 am

Steve Morse wrote:My Happiness - astonishing !!

. . . not so much for the slight stereo effect, but for the lower register, which makes it sound like the adult Elvis, maybe 1957.

Fascinating, Mr. Spock - and brilliant.

Steve Morse

I agree.

That was pretty special. :D

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:21 am

Everything sounds great! the only one I do not like is "My happiness". His still very much amateur voice is not helped by making it lower and thus older sounding. My opinion. Congrats on the rest! ::rocks

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:40 am

Juan Luis wrote:Everything sounds great! the only one I do not like is "My happiness". His still very much amateur voice is not helped by making it lower and thus older sounding. My opinion. Congrats on the rest! ::rocks

To me, it sounds more natural...is it possible he actually sounded more like that then, the demo had pitch problems ? I mean that's nearer to the voice he uses on Blue Moon.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 am

Dan_T wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:Everything sounds great! the only one I do not like is "My happiness". His still very much amateur voice is not helped by making it lower and thus older sounding. My opinion. Congrats on the rest! ::rocks

To me, it sounds more natural...is it possible he actually sounded more like that then, the demo had pitch problems ? I mean that's nearer to the voice he uses on Blue Moon.
You may have a point.I am just used to the higher one :? ::rocks .

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:33 am

Dan_T wrote:To me, it sounds more natural...is it possible he actually sounded more like that then, the demo had pitch problems ? I mean that's nearer to the voice he uses on Blue Moon.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I listened to this, kinda sounds better to me... maybe just a tad too slow.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:56 am

Big Boss Man wrote:MSpock you are an incredible song mixer - THANK YOU for all of these terrific tracks you've brought new life to!

BTW...would it be possible for you to do a Stereo mix version of Promised Land from one of the live soundboard releases?

+1
Love the 19/8-74 version from DAE cd.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 am

JimmyCool wrote:
Dan_T wrote:To me, it sounds more natural...is it possible he actually sounded more like that then, the demo had pitch problems ? I mean that's nearer to the voice he uses on Blue Moon.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I listened to this, kinda sounds better to me... maybe just a tad too slow.

My Happiness sounds awsome with the isolated guitar can you post the original without the pitch adjustment with the stereo effect?
Once again your work is awsome!

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:09 am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... H2HJIdY5hA

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:22 am

elvisalisellers wrote:http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=mono%20to%20stereo%20audacity&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fchacadwa.com%2Ffoh%2Fmono-to-stereo-in-audacity&ei=bKgkT-KbDYTDhAec6tXYBA&usg=AFQjCNE8IJJEdJQ9MEv7Pr9zH2HJIdY5hA

I don't think this is his method , although it may be his step 1 , some of the audio he has posted here is more than just splitting a mono track and adding delay to one channel , as clearing not the case with "Wear My Ring Around Your Neck"
The method in your link is what RCA used to do with Elvis' 50's LP's for the ""Electronic Stereo Effect " the use of delay between the music channels and splitting the highs to one channel
and bass tones to the other, which RCA originally planned the designed for large orchestra recordings

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:33 am

promiseland wrote:I don't think this is his method , although it may be his step 1 , some of the audio he has posted here is more than just splitting a mono track and adding delay to one channel , as clearing not the case with "Wear My Ring Around Your Neck"

Wear My Ring Around Your Neck is available in both undubbed [pre-guitar slaps & percussion] and overdubbed [master] mixes. Thus, by using and manipulating such, a more defined 2-channel stereo effect can be created.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
promiseland wrote:I don't think this is his method , although it may be his step 1 , some of the audio he has posted here is more than just splitting a mono track and adding delay to one channel , as clearing not the case with "Wear My Ring Around Your Neck"

Wear My Ring Around Your Neck is available in both undubbed [pre-guitar slaps & percussion] and overdubbed [master] mixes. Thus, by using and manipulating such, a more defined 2-channel stereo effect can be created.

Ahh yes you are right!

Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 am

promiseland wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

Ahh yes you are right!

{quizzical Spock look}
squire3.png

Ambassador, I suspect possible Romulan spying! :smt002 :lol:

rjm \\//
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.