Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
discking
Registered for: 16 years

Oh no not again. Elvis Found Alive the Movie & CD

Post by discking »

{Sigh} It starts again http://www.elvisfoundalive.com This is supposed to go viral tomorrow.

Check out http://www.elvisstuff.co.uk
For all your Elvis Stuff.

joshferrell
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Re: Oh no not again.

Post by joshferrell »

James Brown (not the blues singer but the ETA) lol..

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Scatter »

Well, it's about damn time he showed back up. Should have known Obama was suppressing this.

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by BrianTCB »

Not again!!!! :x

epf

Post by epf »

well... i think he read fecc too much and became all shook up about the criticism on his stellar past 1975 shows... he's gonna kick our butts

PEP
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Oh no not again. Elvis Found Alive the Movie & CD

Post by PEP »

I guess 2012 is going to be the year of "Elvis"....

Looking at the trailer, it is obviously a movie which is meant not to be taken
seriously.

Who knows, this might be a fun movie to watch for what it is.

PEP 8)

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Mike Eder »

PEP wrote:I guess 2012 is going to be the year of "Elvis"....

Looking at the trailer, it is obviously a movie which is meant not to be taken
seriously.

Who knows, this might be a fun movie to watch for what it is.

PEP 8)
Yeah his Paul is Dead film was fun.

Mike Eder

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

I think they should have hired this Jon Cotner dude to do Elvis' voice on the talking parts:

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

joshferrell

Post by joshferrell »

JimmyCool wrote:I think they should have hired this Jon Cotner dude to do Elvis' voice on the talking parts:
no it's not Jon..the talking voice is different from his voice..not sure who it is but I'm guessing since James Brown (The King) is singing it's probebly him talking trying to immitate Elvis' voice..or another possibilty is it could be Elvis' cousin Terry Smith who does immitations of Elvis' voice that sounds like what is heard on the video...but I've heard Jons voice enough to know right off the bat that, that isn't him speaking..

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

joshferrell wrote:no it's not Jon..the talking voice is different from his voice..not sure who it is but I'm guessing since James Brown (The King) is singing it's probebly him talking trying to immitate Elvis' voice..or another possibilty is it could be Elvis' cousin Terry Smith who does immitations of Elvis' voice that sounds like what is heard on the video...but I've heard Jons voice enough to know right off the bat that, that isn't him speaking..
I know, Josh... that's why I said they should have hired this Jon Cotner (Dale Culbertson or whatever his name is) to do Elvis' voice on the talking parts, 'cause it would have sound more realistic.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by rocknroller »

This looks like it might be fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

blackdiamond

Post by blackdiamond »

what a REDICULOUS CD!!! ive listened to the sound samples, and if you think that's Elvis, well then you're a f*** retard! It's a bad way of an Elvis impersonator and he "raped" also the great Garth Brooks song "The Dance". Who sung this should listen to Elvis better....what a morron

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 9 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

haha that was funny

-instagram kenh1964

joshferrell

Post by joshferrell »

JimmyCool wrote:
joshferrell wrote:no it's not Jon..the talking voice is different from his voice..not sure who it is but I'm guessing since James Brown (The King) is singing it's probebly him talking trying to immitate Elvis' voice..or another possibilty is it could be Elvis' cousin Terry Smith who does immitations of Elvis' voice that sounds like what is heard on the video...but I've heard Jons voice enough to know right off the bat that, that isn't him speaking..
I know, Josh... that's why I said they should have hired this Jon Cotner (Dale Culbertson or whatever his name is) to do Elvis' voice on the talking parts, 'cause it would have sound more realistic.
oh ok..I ,misunderstood...sorry.. :D

PEP
Registered for: 21 years

Post by PEP »

With respect to the CD.
After listening to the sound samples( which I couldn't take going all the way through with them),
I found what I did listen to, it was a huge disappointment. This would be the "King's"(James Brown) worst album.
Personally I never thought of him as a very good singer, tho I did like some of his song choices
for his first two albums. This one however, blows big time...

I would have much preferred them using Doug Church. At least he would have past through
a little easier on the listening ears. Since there would be No reference of Elvis doing the music,
Church would have been a better choice to use.
Too late now, tho.
Anyway here is the link for the sound samples.

http://www.elvisfoundalive.com/new-cd/

PEP 8)

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by BrianTCB »

I agree PEP that Doug Church would have been a much better choice for the CD.

Not too happy with how those sound samples sound myself.

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

discking wrote:{Sigh} It starts again http://www.elvisfoundalive.com This is supposed to go viral tomorrow.

Gail Brewer-Georgio must be behind this farce. She needs the money.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

The Welz

Post by The Welz »

I received the DVD and CD yesterday.

The DVD is fun to watch, because the producer mixes facts, rumors and his own ideas very well. It's basically an interview with Elvis, in which the King reveals his life -including his work for the US government and his faked death- to the public. The interview is spiced up with photos, movie trailers and 8mm footage of the King and very enjoyable to watch. What makes the interview even more believable is the fact, that a lot of phrases from real interviews and press converfences are used. ELVIS FOUND ALIVE is certainly not an essential part of my collection, but it was two hours of fun.

The CD has not impressed me at all. It's nothing that hurts your ears, but also nothing to write home about. It would have been more fun, if the singer had sounded like a 70+ Elvis, but instead he just sounds like every other impersonator.

In total it's a nice package, especially the DVD can be recommended to everybody, who enjoys freaky mockumentaries.

Alexander
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Alexander »

I'm not gonna buy it, but the trailer made me smile!

The Welz

Post by The Welz »

I just read the reviews on the Amazon.com page. There seem to be quite a few people out there, who took this mockumentary seriously and try to warn the customers to buy this collection of lies and fake. The reviews are almost as funny as the movie itself! :mrgreen:

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

discking wrote:{Sigh} It starts again http://www.elvisfoundalive.com This is supposed to go viral tomorrow.

This thread should be in the Off Topic section along with Mr. Orion Bunyon Onions and Fat ETA's.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

The Welz

Post by The Welz »

Why? It's an Elvis product and certainly more entertaining than an audience recording, taped in row 2.799 of a vast arena back in 1976.

loiacvi1
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by loiacvi1 »

This movie was entertaining at times. I think what would have been interesting was if they just went with the premise of Elvis meeting Nixon to become a DEA agent and then setting up the drug busts in each city with the Memphis Mafia making the purchases. They could have used the many photos of Elvis meeting with mayors/governors and local officials flashing their badges. Then perhaps even go with the mafia retaliation, death threats. Perhaps a Vegas / Mafia situation where the Colonel was in deep with the Mafia for gambling debts and made Elvis go back to Vegas 2x a year. The colonel booked Elvis for another gig in Vegas for December '77. Elvis regretted his involvement in trying to bring down the mafia and local drug kingpins that now want him dead. So he commits suicide or goes into witness protection.

the echo will never die

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

I liked the elvis rap :lol:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

KingOfTheJungle

Post by KingOfTheJungle »

A Bush sticker on the Cadillac, meeting Ronald Reagan, fighting Bill Ayers of the 'Weather Underground', complaining about protests and hippies...

They should have called this Elvis in Right-Wing Fantasy-Land. Was this written by Sarah Palin and produced by Fox News? I suppose it's a shade less despicable than the movie that tries to claim Elvis had a last minute conversion to mormonism, but it still amounts to posthumously co-opting an icon to advance a personal agenda.

Also the whole "I was just an ordinary, church-goin' country boy who happened to like singing rock n' roll" makes me want to vomit. This kind of attempt to turn Elvis into a slice of good-old-fashioned-apple-pie ignores everything that was remarkable about the man. Elvis wasn't an "ordinary country boy" in any way. If he was, there would have been more Elvises walking around. As Alanna Nash paints so clearly in her books about the man, he was an 'other' in almost every way imaginable. He defied categorization, and in doing so created a new culture. Elvis wasn't some paragon of middle-american-homey-values, despite his polite manner and careful packaging in the mid-60's. Elvis was a revolution, and was far more interesting than the fictional character these idiots create in this video.

/End Rant.

King Of The Jungle