Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis and Elton John

Tue May 06, 2003 4:28 pm

Does anybody know what Elvis thought of Elton John? I know E.J. was invited to Lisa Marie's birthday in 1975. Does anyone know what happened while E.J. was at Graceland? Did they jam together? Did E.J. perform for Lisa at The King's piano?
I wonder if Elvis ever considered recording any Elton John material - I think he would have sounded good on "Your song" and "Don't let the sun go down on me."
Bjorn

Tue May 06, 2003 4:41 pm

Is it on the FTD Dinner At Eight that Elvis mentions Elton John?
I'll have to listen to that again.

Tue May 06, 2003 4:58 pm

Yeah, it's on Dinner At Eight - can't remember what he says though.

Tue May 06, 2003 5:14 pm

I can't remember what he says exactly on the FTD release, but it seems he pokes fun a bit at Elton John - impersonating him like a neird or something? :lol: ... Could be wrong about that, though... Well, it made me laugh when I heard it. I wonder if Elton heard it or if anyone told him. He's an Elvis fan, so it might come as a shock to find out "E" thought of him as a neird. No offence to Elton btw, I like some of his songs (written by B. Taupin).

Tue May 06, 2003 8:35 pm

Joe Guercio said in an interview that he was hoping that Elvis would do "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me". Unfortunately, Elvis never did the song.

Tom (from Ohio)

Elton John Sucks

Wed May 07, 2003 1:56 am

Lord do I loathe Elton John. He's so boring. Every time I hear an Elton John I feel like I'm at the dentist, because that's where they usually play his pap; on the Muzak in doctors offices.

Wed May 07, 2003 2:21 am

did'nt they meet backstage at a concert ??

Wed May 07, 2003 2:29 am

Elvis and Elton John met backstage in Landover, Maryland in 1976. Elton said he looked horrible and slurred his words. Reports say that he gave a hell of a performance though.

Elvis Fan

Wed May 07, 2003 3:15 am

Didn't Elton once stated Elvis looked like a "beached whale"? :?

Rather strange considering how fat Elton would get due to excessive drug abuse and eatin'... :roll:

Wed May 07, 2003 3:43 am

Where are those Lisa Marie fans when you need them?

Now I'm no LM fan, so I only saw it when it just happened to be on, but didn't she say something in one of the recently aired programs about Elvis and Elton John? Going just on memory, I believe she asked for (and got) an Elton John LP when it was her birthday (or Christmas). Elvis saw it, said something like "Who the hell is this guy?" and stormed upstairs. Does that sound accurate? It was the first time I had heard it, but I thought I'd mention it.

Wed May 07, 2003 9:22 am

He didn't storm upstairs. he just left the room after wondering who he was. Elvis did not like effiminate male performers like him and Mick Jagger. The only reason he really knew of him was because of Lisa's interest in him. The whole deal about him at Lisas birthday is myth. No one around him remembers this and she would have mentioned it.