Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:10 am

It's currently only £25.99 from here:

http://www.dvdsource.co.uk/product?partno=13652671&type=1&partner=108257

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 am

flamingstar81 wrote:I've just bought 'The Perfect Elvis Presley Collection' boxset from HMV for £35 and I have to say it's a lovely little boxset for the money. The cardboard slip cases replicating the original album artwork look good and although I have each album several times I am pleased with it. I'm also glad 'welcome to my world' is included in it because I don't have this on CD and after listening to it a few times it his one of my favourite albums released during Elvis' lifetime. I Love the running order of the songs and if it was released by FTD I would probably buy it. I'm not sure how FTD would release it as a 2-CD set but it would be a nice compilation.


Image


Does anyone know if the Welcome To My World CD in this box has the same praised sound quality as the 1992 CD?

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:52 am

poormadpeter wrote:If FTD released it, no doubt they would take out the alternate takes and alternate mixes and replace them with the versions we already have!


But at least it would have a nice booklet.

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:28 am

King Volcano wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:I've just bought 'The Perfect Elvis Presley Collection' boxset from HMV for £35 and I have to say it's a lovely little boxset for the money. The cardboard slip cases replicating the original album artwork look good and although I have each album several times I am pleased with it. I'm also glad 'welcome to my world' is included in it because I don't have this on CD and after listening to it a few times it his one of my favourite albums released during Elvis' lifetime. I Love the running order of the songs and if it was released by FTD I would probably buy it. I'm not sure how FTD would release it as a 2-CD set but it would be a nice compilation.


Image


Does anyone know if the Welcome To My World CD in this box has the same praised sound quality as the 1992 CD?


I will be honest, I thought it sounded awful - but I was alone in that judgement i think!

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:13 pm

The Pirate wrote:It's currently only £25.99 from here:

http://www.dvdsource.co.uk/product?partno=13652671&type=1&partner=108257


That's a bargain. It's the same website where I bought my "Young man with the big feet" box set from a few months ago. It was £38.99 at the time.

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi trouble JW,
This is from the 'ask Ernst' section from years ago:

5- According to "A life in music", the master of "Make the world go away"(ZPA4-1620) is a splice of take 3 and work part take 1 of the ending. It's also described in the appendix that alternate take 2 of this song can be found on the album "Welcome to my world". How can it be an alternate take if it has all the overdubs on it?
(From Wolfgang Pesch)

+++ Wow. After running around trying to find a copy of WELCOME TO MY WORLD (haven't played it in years), and starting to a-b versus other takes, two things becomes clear:
1) I was wrong (nothing new)
2) The solving of this creates another mystery.
The version on WELCOME TO MY WORLD is actually a remixed version of the master take (take 3). However the engineer who mixed this forgot that a new ending was recorded (Work Part 1), and replaced the take 3 ending on the original record master. When examining the session take the following turned up:
1) Take 1 - incomplete
2) Take 2 - not on the reel. Only the slate and the words "good James" left. Something was taken out.
3) Take 3 - not on the reel. Only the slate and Felton applauding the take. This is only natural since take 3(the master) and the work part ending is on the reel with all the masters. The sum of this is that we have corrected a mistake here, and created another question. What happened to take 2 of MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY. That's what I consider a bloody brilliant question. This web-site will be the first to know if we find the solution.

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Looks like a bootleg to me

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Edwin wrote:Hi trouble JW,
This is from the 'ask Ernst' section from years ago:


ummmm, good answer which makes great sense! Thanks Edwin!