Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Welcome To My World album on CD

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Found this on Elvis Australia: Welcome To My World album on CD

Following 'Come On Everybody', 'Having Fun On Stage With Elvis' and 'I Was The One' is the classic 'Welcome To My World' to be released soon. The CD features the original 10 tracks plus 10 bonus tracks.

Original Album Tracks:

Welcome To My World (Live)
Help Me Make It Through The Night
Release Me
I Really Don't Want To Know
For The Good Times (Live)
Make The World Go Away
Gentle On My Mind
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Your Chaetin Heart
I Can't Stop Loving You (Live)

Bonus:
Loving Arms (Unedited Master)
Kentucky Rain (Live)
Susan When She Tried (Take 6)
Little Cabin Home On The Hill
He'll Have To Go
You Gave Me A Mountain (Live)
Faded Love
T-R-O-U-B-L-E (Take 4)
I'm Counting On You (Take 13)
Funny How Time Slips Away (Live)

Re: Welcome To My World album on CD

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Looks nice but is this yet another opportunist bootleg aimed at the 'must have everything' brigade??

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:36 pm

I have the original album on cd, the version of 'make the world go away' is different. Wonder if this cd has that version?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 pm

tcb1 wrote:yes i have the official CD to, I think they are just looking for trouble..

If so, they came to the right place. :wink:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:20 pm

The official 1992 U.S. release still commands very high prices to this day.
No doubt it's reputation as one of the very best sounding album to CD transfers has helped push prices up too.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 am

The ORIGINAL ALBUM ... IS simple THE Album that got me started as an 'Elvis Fan' and i ventured into collecting the back catalogue from that point onwards....i still love this album, a few great alternate versions/takes and a great collection!~ :lol:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 am

YDKM wrote:The ORIGINAL ALBUM ... IS simple THE Album that got me started as an 'Elvis Fan' and i ventured into collecting the back catalogue from that point onwards....i still love this album, a few great alternate versions/takes and a great collection!~ :lol:

Interesting that you mention that... I remember buying this album when it first came out... it holds a special place in my heart... the first time I listened to it was the evening of August 16, 1977... I'll never forget that night or this album.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 am

I bought the CD version when I visited Memphis back in 1996. WELCOME TO MY WORLD is a fine compilation and hard to find (on CD) these days. Like other recent import releases of LPs of the good old days, it brings memories back to many fans. So I guess it will be welcomed by many people.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:04 pm

My favourite post 1971 Elvis album released during his lifetime. Your Cheatin' Heart shouldn't be there admittedly, but I love the mixes and the track selection and lovely cover sketch. I too have the official RCA CD that came out many moons ago.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:54 am

I loved the sound on the LP. The mix/mastering on Release Me is still my fave from Feb 1970 as it gives the song a real drive that I think is lacking on other versions. I also love the MSG version of I Can't Stop Loving You - it;s probably still my fave version - that final note just has something about it that makes me smile.

This album and the Sound Of Your Cry LP with the fantastic version of What I'd Say on it are still my go to vinyl records. JB;s guitar never sounded better apart from recent Sony/FTD releases i.e. Viva Las Vegas 2nd cd - how good is the guitar break on WIS on that 69 concert? Awesome.

I've just read a review of the 24 karate gold LP in HIFI News mag as well - basicaly they loved it, sound quality wise, praised the fact that EP seemed to get his sessions treated the same as a Classic Recording i.e. with utmost respect. Also, the actual material which we know so well was praised in terms of the fantastic sound and performances.

cheers Jamie

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:22 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
YDKM wrote:The ORIGINAL ALBUM ... IS simple THE Album that got me started as an 'Elvis Fan' and i ventured into collecting the back catalogue from that point onwards....i still love this album, a few great alternate versions/takes and a great collection!~ :lol:

Interesting that you mention that... I remember buying this album when it first came out... it holds a special place in my heart... the first time I listened to it was the evening of August 16, 1977... I'll never forget that night or this album.

It was the compilation "Elvis forever" that made me a fan, but this was my first owned LP (had cassettes before", so this album might be the most important Elvis record for me.

//Björn

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 am

Any body think an FTD version in at all possible? If so what could it look like? Suppose it could be a 1 disc version.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:10 pm

it`s one of my most often played studio discs..along with the memphis album....elvis country..
always on my mind.....promised land......and ttwii...all original albums

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:37 pm

I agree that the version of "I can't stop loving you" is an absolute belter. It really rocks, kicks butt and is a superlative performance. Just brilliant.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:04 am

trouble_jw wrote:Any body think an FTD version in at all possible? ....

I doubt it very, very seriously.

The main reason (possibly the only reason) Welcome To My World was produced and issued as an album in March of '77 was because there was such a lengthy gap of "new album material" released between From Elvis Presley Boulevard (May '76) and Moody Blue (June '77)... 13 months (longest gap of his career with the exception of his time in the Army).

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:28 pm

There's loads of copies available on Amazon;
http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-My-World- ... 350&sr=1-1

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I've just bought 'The Perfect Elvis Presley Collection' boxset from HMV for £35 and I have to say it's a lovely little boxset for the money. The cardboard slip cases replicating the original album artwork look good and although I have each album several times I am pleased with it. I'm also glad 'welcome to my world' is included in it because I don't have this on CD and after listening to it a few times it his one of my favourite albums released during Elvis' lifetime. I Love the running order of the songs and if it was released by FTD I would probably buy it. I'm not sure how FTD would release it as a 2-CD set but it would be a nice compilation.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:36 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:I've just bought 'The Perfect Elvis Presley Collection' boxset from HMV for £35 and I have to say it's a lovely little boxset for the money. The cardboard slip cases replicating the original album artwork look good and although I have each album several times I am pleased with it. I'm also glad 'welcome to my world' is included in it because I don't have this on CD and after listening to it a few times it his one of my favourite albums released during Elvis' lifetime. I Love the running order of the songs and if it was released by FTD I would probably buy it. I'm not sure how FTD would release it as a 2-CD set but it would be a nice compilation.

If FTD released it, no doubt they would take out the alternate takes and alternate mixes and replace them with the versions we already have!

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:36 pm

trouble_jw wrote:Any body think an FTD version in at all possible?

It's probably just around the corner... chock-full of your favourite masters of the period.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:08 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:The official 1992 U.S. release still commands very high prices to this day.
No doubt it's reputation as one of the very best sounding album to CD transfers has helped push prices up too.

Really? How much this cd is worth?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 pm

sheila wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:The official 1992 U.S. release still commands very high prices to this day.

Really? How much this cd is worth?

You will do well to pick up a near mint one for around £20.00.

This one on ebay is 50% dearer again > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-Presley ... deb&_uhb=1

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 pm

this one being even more expensive god what a price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-Presley ... 51a2a6cdfc

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:My favourite post 1971 Elvis album released during his lifetime. Your Cheatin' Heart shouldn't be there admittedly, but I love the mixes and the track selection and lovely cover sketch. I too have the official RCA CD that came out many moons ago.

exactly.."for the good times" (studio) or "what now my love" (aloha) would have made a better choice.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:19 pm

joshferrell wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:My favourite post 1971 Elvis album released during his lifetime. Your Cheatin' Heart shouldn't be there admittedly, but I love the mixes and the track selection and lovely cover sketch. I too have the official RCA CD that came out many moons ago.

exactly.."for the good times" (studio) or "what now my love" (aloha) would have made a better choice.

What Now My Love wouldn't have fitted the country theme.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:34 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:I've just bought 'The Perfect Elvis Presley Collection' boxset from HMV for £35 and I have to say it's a lovely little boxset for the money. The cardboard slip cases replicating the original album artwork look good and although I have each album several times I am pleased with it. I'm also glad 'welcome to my world' is included in it because I don't have this on CD and after listening to it a few times it his one of my favourite albums released during Elvis' lifetime. I Love the running order of the songs and if it was released by FTD I would probably buy it. I'm not sure how FTD would release it as a 2-CD set but it would be a nice compilation.

WOW! That one slipped under the radar. That's £1.70 for each CD for some of the most essential music of the 20th century. Must get this for the car. 8)