Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Vegas Variety Volume 7

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Doc you indeed correct. It was Julie Newmar that was introduced by Elvis. I attended the show and she was sitting fairly close to a ringside table as opposed to any of the first tier booths (where most of the celebrities would sit).

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:46 am

It's a matter of Time wrote:Doc you indeed correct. It was Julie Newmar that was introduced by Elvis. I attended the show and she was sitting fairly close to a ringside table as opposed to any of the first tier booths (where most of the celebrities would sit).

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Can it be the fact that I am so often correct that drives the fringe element here to be so boorish?

All signs point to YES.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:58 am

It's a matter of Time wrote:Doc you indeed correct. It was Julie Newmar that was introduced by Elvis. I attended the show and she was sitting fairly close to a ringside table as opposed to any of the first tier booths (where most of the celebrities would sit).

How did she look ? :)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:26 am

:lol: based upon recieving vegas variety volume #6 today i will certainly be buying volume #7 VERY LISTENABLE release!~ :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:01 pm

James27
She looked quite good actually and was there with a small group of friends.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Can it be the fact that I am so often correct that drives the fringe element here to be so boorish?

All signs point to YES.

DJC you realize you're just fueling the fire... lol

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Nah, just making a supposition that may be easily verified by the record.

Yay, Julie Newmar.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 pm

It's hard to be humble

Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:48 am

KiwiAlan wrote:It's hard to be humble

Keep trying!

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:20 am

ha! roll on November 7th eh!? :lol:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:41 pm

I have seen this today advertised for sale..... so it must have been released now! :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:13 pm

:) Great release from 'Vegas Variety!' good sound and a good show! unique and individual song line up for this show and well sung glad i collect ALL these releases and #7 is 'fine' and very good to have recommended- nice booklet (20 pages)full of memorabelia and photos too!~ :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:50 pm

:oops: Boy does Elvis ger stuck into Glenn Hardin or what at this show!! :roll: After 'softly'Elvis says that was the worst piano plaing he ever Heard!, then does America (Goddamit!)and Little Darlin' (with a brief aside to Glenn again!) Glenn must have been absolutely furious about this! the show was 'good' until after 'Softly' so after this i can understand why Glenn soon Quitt working for Elvis! Never heard Glenn criticised in such a way before! :roll: :?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:32 pm

YDKM wrote::oops: Boy does Elvis ger stuck into Glenn Hardin or what at this show!! :roll: After 'softly'Elvis says that was the worst piano plaing he ever Heard!, then does America (Goddamit!)and Little Darlin' (with a brief aside to Glenn again!) Glenn must have been absolutely furious about this! the show was 'good' until after 'Softly' so after this i can understand why Glenn soon Quitt working for Elvis! Never heard Glenn criticised in such a way before! :roll: :?

He also got Hardin down throughout the show on December 12, 1975 which was released on a CD named "All In A Blaze".

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 am

:? Well Joern- small wonder then that Glen D. quit pretty soon afterwoods. I listened again to this show today and Glenn's playing during softly may not be exactly his 'best' but boy the public way Elvis gets stuck into him calling his playing Zig-Zagging all over the place MUST have really Hurt Glen! :|