Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

songlisting for ftd lake tahoe 13 may 73 ?

Tue May 06, 2003 3:50 am

according to ernst in his recent interview one of the next ftd releases will be the show from lake tahoe 13 may 73. anybody got the tracklisting and
any other details of this show? 8)

Tue May 06, 2003 4:40 am

ccrider:

This is from The Elvis Tapes website. Not sure if this is the actual show that Ernst is talking about, but it may give a clue as to what to expect.

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Help Me Make It Through The Night; Steamroller Blues; You Gave Me A Mountain; Love Me; Blue Suede Shoes; Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin'/Shake Rattle & Roll; My Way; Hound Dog; What Now My Love; Suspicious Minds; I'll Remember You (with false start); I Can't Stop Loving You; Bridge Over Troubled Water + reprise; Funny How Times Slip Away; It's Over; Release Me; Faded Love; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++-
Sahara Tahoe Hotel
Elvis donated his fee from this show to the Barton Memorial Hospital in Lake Tahoe in his mother's name. Also this show may be released on Soundboard by BMG

This is the 13 May 1973 3am show.

Tue May 06, 2003 5:50 am

Don't forget there were two lots of 2001 and two opening riffs during this show.

Tue May 06, 2003 3:20 pm

Wasn't this the one they were going to release a couple of years ago but couldn't due to "legal complications"?

They must have sorted out who was in the orchestra or something like that so they can pay them royalties.

Who knows, maybe they'll look into 24/7/1971 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be good.

Tue May 06, 2003 4:48 pm

Londonflash -
They don't have the July 24, 71 Tahoe show. It's in the hands of a private collector.

Tue May 06, 2003 4:51 pm

Hey Pete!

Yeah, I knew that, I meant hopefully they can buy the tape off (Jurgen?) and release it.

Wed May 07, 2003 12:36 am

Londonflash, as I understand it the problem with BMG/RCA buying this (or any other) tape from a private collector is that the money men have short arms and long pockets!

Wed May 07, 2003 10:23 am

It will be a good release. Will be great to have a live version in soundboard quality of Faded Love, which we don't have yet.

Thu May 08, 2003 10:26 am

I agree it will be a good show to have on soundboard. I just hope it's complete. Man those fans must have been annoyed when Elvis didn't reappear when 2001 & the opening riff began again after CHFIL, but they sure sound excited when they think he's coming back on!

Thu May 08, 2003 12:16 pm

What's the story here? Was Elvis fooling around? Was it Joe Guercio's idea of a joke?

I've never come across this story, and I love stuff like this.

Fri May 09, 2003 1:02 am

I'm not sure whose idea it was but the band must of had a laugh backstage. When 2001 begins, you can hear the audience scream and cheer in shock, like "What the...? He's coming back on"!

Fri May 09, 2003 1:22 am

yeah, this thing has always puzzled me. Firstly I thought that there was something wrong with the cd, but now I know better. Is there any reasonable explenation for this situation? Why did they play the 2001 theme and the opening vamp again, after the show had ended??

This is indeed a great show, with Elvis in fine voice, good mood and having fun on stage. Probably the best live version of Help Me Make It Trough The Night ( only with the exception of the first ever live version, sung on Feb. 19th 1971, which is truly exceptional) can be found during this concert and I would love to hear in on soundboard.

Ernst has confirmed that they are going to realese it in the near future, but no date has been set yet.

Indeed, they donĀ“t have the July 24th 1971 Lake Tahoe concert and i doubt if we will ever see it released officialy. A shame, because looking at the tracklisting this is a great show, as is the rest of this short lake Tahoe stand..the August 1st midnight show is also really awsome!!

Kind regards,
Stefan

Fri May 09, 2003 8:33 am

If stuff like that is not released then blame the collector. They ask for too much from BMG. More than the stuff is worth and BMG cannot just hand these jokers anything they want or else other jokers will ask for even more money. These jokers don't realize that they are only hurting themselves and the fans.

Fri May 09, 2003 11:41 am

I wonder how's the sound quality going to be like if and when BMG releases this show. i mean generally most of the 71-72 soundboard stuff sound a bit flat compared to 74-77 period.