Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD Omaha 74 - corrected order of songs (solved) + video

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Hello,

there was a dicsussion a while ago about missplaced 'Amen' on the FTD CD.

Well it is missplaced for some strange reason that I don't understad.
Why change smething different to something we already heard millions of times?
I don't know.

This should be corrected by FTD. Show should be released at it was.
What was wrong about it? It was relly cool actually.

So I took the FTD CD and video footage of that great show and put together.

Now you can check by yourself the proper oderd of the songs and enjoy this relly fine performance by Elvis.

But be carefull it is not 24bit transfer from 1st generation copy, it doesn't have 16 pages booklet, hell it don't even have damn guitar pick.
I hope you will like it anyway.

Here it is.

Ladies and gentleman....

... Elvis Live In Omaha 1974

phpBB [video]

Re: FTD Omaha 74 - corrected order of songs (solved) + video

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Very well done and most enjoyable. Thanks a lot.
Lucio

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:42 pm

This is fantastic footage, nicely synced with the FTD soundboard. Thank you for posting ::rocks

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks a lot guys.
But wait.. you didn't watch the complete show it's to early.
Go back and watch it now, it so cool :)

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 pm

this is great , thank you !

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:52 pm

I don't have this CD, so am unaware about this edit. Would somebody like to explain further?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Well that Amen you can see after Love Me.... they cut it out and placed after I Gotta Woman. And The Love Me and all the rest.....

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:29 am

Tomek wrote:Well that Amen you can see after Love Me.... they cut it out and placed after I Gotta Woman. And The Love Me and all the rest.....

Did he perform "I Got a Woman" with the normal "Amen" insert. Then do it for "Love Me", or only do it during "Love Me"?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:40 am

WOW!

That was absolutely stupendous! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have been waiting for a soundboard to come out for years so that it can be synched to this brilliant footage which I've had since about 1985! And now the wait is over and it was worth it.

You did a fantastic job. I just turned out all the lights, shut the curtains, put this thing on full screen, laid on the sofa and watched the whole thing with the sound up loud. Brilliant!

Always makes me laugh how many scarves he gives out here - far more than in 1977! It's almost every song! But needless to say, he is in good voice, looks excellent and his mood is very nice here.

I'd like to see the show presented in its entirety with the little moments where there's no footage either black screen while the music continues, or a few stills (perhaps from the footage). But that said, I truly enjoyed this fine edit so once more, thank you very very much!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:23 am

Thanks Tomek! Great job and i enjoyed it a lot!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:45 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Wow, fantastic video 8) . Elvis is in great shape and a beautiful suite it is, this is the only year IMO where Elvis almost equal 1972. Thank you Tomek :smt023. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:36 pm

hillcrest wrote:
--- I'm fairly sure that this Omaha footage was filmed by Rex Martin.

Sure was.

He told the story in one of the News Service Weeklies.

He bought colour film and black n white and had to keep changing. He - like me - prefered the B&W parts as they are sharper.

Such a shame he didn't manage to film the very end of the show but he ran out of film.

It's one of the most complete amateur filmed Elvis concerts out there.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:34 pm

The B&W reels do look more professional, but this looks like almost 1st generation - as the color doesn't look too bad than on an old VHS copy I got ten years ago.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm

While rendering the clip there was a preview window in my software and those B&W stills looked like TV.
Fanstastic footage.
Rex Martin shot some fine films. Really great great stuff.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm

your youtube channel is fantastic

FTD Omaha 74 - corrected order of songs (solved) + video

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 am

People here says he still had it only as compared to 77 but for me, he still had it. Period.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:37 am

Is this the best souce for this footage? Looks like great footage, is the first generation released on dvd??

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:30 am

frus75 wrote:People here says he still had it only as compared to 77 but for me, he still had it. Period.

Charisma? Yes. Focus on his music and art? No.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
frus75 wrote:People here says he still had it only as compared to 77 but for me, he still had it. Period.

Pure speculation. Yes.

Negative. Yes.

Do you really know how much Elvis cared for his music in 1974. No.

Oh, and get a room.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 am

ekenee wrote:Do you really know how much Elvis cared for his music in 1974.

Well, he made no studio recordings this year - the first since 1959 - and his live show was largely paint-by-numbers. 1974 is a very inconsistent year from an artistic standpoint.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 am

Matthew wrote:
ekenee wrote:Do you really know how much Elvis cared for his music in 1974.

Well, he made no studio recordings this year - the first since 1959 - and his live show was largely paint-by-numbers. 1974 is a very inconsistent year from an artistic standpoint.

Says who?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:46 am

ekenee wrote:Says who?

Try listening to some audio, and reviewing eye witness testimony. Try - there's a word for you.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I disagree. He still had the charisma, and he still had the art. And to be honest, I think he was still at a point that he wanted to focus on the music. I think his little one and done opening show in Vegas, showed he wanted to still try to do something unique.

The rest of it, I'll agree with you.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:59 am

I kinda agree with the Doc. He is oozing charisma here for sure. And to be in the crowd would have been phenomenal. You'd certainly be caught up in the moment.

He looks superb and his voice is great. But he does seem to be going through a routine in a haphazard fashion. The lack of real dance moves in favour of scarf throwing seems a bit strange, given that he was still able to really cut it during this period.

That said, it's still great to see and I want more more more. As I rule, 1974 is one of my favourite Elvis live years. The first couple of months, in particularly the March tour, is brilliant. His vocals are on par with 1972 at its best. His sets are varied and his personality is great.

The later half of the year had some diabolical moments. The drugs had finally started to effect things in a big way. And yet, those shows are still fascinating to listen to - and above all, he was varying his sets perhaps more than ever.

Once more Tomek, thank you so much for this sublime work!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Matthew wrote:
ekenee wrote:Says who?

Try listening to some audio, and reviewing eye witness testimony. Try - there's a word for you.

Been there done that. Have any other bright ideas?