Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:28 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
episthebest wrote:People say he sucks because they're ignorant.

Thank you for reviving another old topic today.

It's good you are picking the important ones. ;-)

I appreciate it very much. :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:36 pm

episthebest wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
episthebest wrote:People say he sucks because they're ignorant.

Thank you for reviving another old topic today.

It's good you are picking the important ones. ;-)

I appreciate it very much. :mrgreen:

phpBB [video]

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 pm

I quote Dave Marsh : " some people want to believe Elvis a failure because admitting the magnitude of his success would make their own shortcomings unbearable" :D

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 am

Take a skeptical look. Tilt your head to the right. Look at their shoes and slowly scan them from there on until you reach their eyes. Calmly raise your left eyebrow. Slightly pull your head backwards while you turn up your nose as if you were standing in front of a reeking pile of waste. Then shrug your shoulders and take a 180 degree turn. Walk away completely unmoved and at ease.

(Sorry for my english. I hope I didn't do too bad ;-))

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 am

Gunter wrote:Take a skeptical look. Tilt your head to the right. Look at their shoes and slowly scan them from there on until you reach their eyes. Calmly raise your left eyebrow. Slightly pull your head backwards while you turn up your nose as if you were standing in front of a reeking pile of waste. Then shrug your shoulders and take a 180 degree turn. Walk away completely unmoved and at ease.

(Sorry for my english. I hope I didn't do too bad ;-))

Your English was fine. :)

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:32 am

I just b!tch-slap 'em :D

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 am

When I was younger I used to offer a reasonable and well-thought-out defence. These days I just tell them to f- off.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 am

JimmyCool wrote:I just b!tch-slap 'em :D

What's going on there that Batman is slapping Robin?

I hate to think that they are having problems.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 am

I tell 'em they should listen to "Dominic" and then judge again.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 am

Happened to me all the time in the 1980s...it was not cool to be an Elvis fan at times back then. My usual retort was "well, opinions are like friends: everybody's got one...".

Of course being 6'4"/300lb meant nobody really ever disagreed with me further on the matter...

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:30 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:Happened to me all the time in the 1980s...it was not cool to be an Elvis fan at times back then.
Exactly. Same with me. Especially during the period I was in my puberty - nobody believed I would listen to Elvis' music. :roll:

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:50 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
FrankieRider2 wrote:Happened to me all the time in the 1980s...it was not cool to be an Elvis fan at times back then.
Exactly. Same with me. Especially during the period I was in my puberty - nobody believed I would listen to Elvis' music. :roll:

Yup, kenne ich auch so.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Never had that said to me. People have told me they don't like him for one reason or another and I tell them ok that's cool, that's what makes the world go round.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Tell them that many Opera singers respect Elvis' talent. I think it was Pavarotti who said "Elvis can sing opera, but I cannot sing Jailhouse Rock". If you research the internet you will find it is filled with opera singers who appreciate Elvis Presley. Quite frankly, Elvis was the best popular vocalist that ever was recorded.

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/elvis-pr ... UPLIE07MA1

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:36 pm

I have not heard anybody say this in years when Elvis name is brought up,they either say they like him,or they don't say anything,i never hear anyone say anything bad about him.When i was a kid,alot of kids in school did not like him until our music teachers did a class history lesson about him for a week,they played songs and showed Jailhouse Rock and Loving You and once the kids were made aware of the history of Elvis and exposed to the best of Elvis they all began to like him.Some of my friends did not like him until they heard the songs i would play.and next thing you know they all started to like him also.

Anyway back in the day when anyone would say he sucks i would get really mad and defend him big time,and tell them all about Elvis's achievements and especially how come Elvis is still the #1 record seller worldwide ever till this day,and tell them just go and do some research and see for yourself on why Elvis is the greatest.So i have not had to defend Elvis when anybody says that he sucks in many years.

What i have noticed with people that say they don't like Elvis is because they don't take the time to stop and give him a chance,and when they do they turn out liking him.When the remix of A little Less Conversation came out on June 25th 2002 and Elvis 30 #1Hits in September 24th of 2002 both became big hits worldwide,and Elvis 2nd To None released October 7th 2003,all 3 releases created a new generation of Elvis fans.

A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION

Released June 25th 2002

A 2002 remix of the song by Junkie XL became a world-wide hit, topping the singles charts in nine countries and was awarded certifications in ten countries by 2003
Charts (2002) Peak positions

Australian Dance Singles 1
Australia (ARIA) 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40) 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders) 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia) 8
Canada (Nielsen SoundScan) 1
Denmark (Tracklisten) 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista) 6
France (SNEP) 5
German (Media Control AG) 8
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40) 1
Hungary (Single Top 10) 1
Ireland (IRMA) 1
Italy (FIMI) 3
Netherlands (Mega Single Top 100) 1
New Zealand (RIANZ) 1
Norway (VG-lista) 1
Romania (Romanian Top 100) 2
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan) 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade) 1
UK Singles (Official Charts Company) 1
US Billboard Hot 100 50
US Adult Pop Songs (Billboard) 26

ELV1S: 30 #1 Hits is a greatest hits collection of songs by American rock and roll icon Elvis Presley that reached #1

When released, ELV1S: 30 #1 Hits was an instant success, going straight to the top of the albums charts in several countries and shipping mass quantities around the world. By 2003 the album had received certifications in more than fifteen regions and had sold millions of copies worldwide. A companion album, 2nd to None, was released the next year.

ELV1S: 30 #1 Hits

Released September 24th 2002

Release and reception

Commercial reception
In the first week following the album's release, it topped the record charts in 17 territories. The album was Presley's first album to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 since 1973. The album helped Elvis to have the longest span of number one albums on the 200.

Critical reception
ELV1S: 30 #1 Hits received favorable reviews from music critics worldwide

Charts (2002) Peak positions

Australian Top 50 Albums 1
Austrian Top 75 Albums 1
Belgium (Flanders) 100 Albums 1
Belgium (Wallonia) 100 Albums 1
Canadian Albums Chart 1
Danish Top 40 Albums 1
Finnish Top 50 Albums 1
French Compilations 1
German Albums Chart 3
Hungarian Top 40 Albums 3
Irish Top 75 Albums 1
Italian Top 20 Albums 2
Japanese Top 30 Albums 10
Netherlands Top 100 Albums 1
New Zealand Top 40 Albums 1
Norwegian Top 40 Albums 3
Polish Top 50 Albums 7
Swedish Top 60 Albums 1
Swiss Top 100 Albums 1
UK Albums Chart 1
US Billboard 200 1
US Country Albums 1

ELVIS 2ND TO NONE

Released October 7th 2003

Charts (2003) Peak positions

Australian Top 50 Albums 4
Austrian Top 75 Albums 5
Belgium (Flanders) 100 Albums 21
Belgium (Wallonia) 100 Albums 40
Canadian Albums Chart 3
Danish Top 40 Albums 11
Finnish Top 50 Albums 9
French Compilations 21
German Albums Chart 13
Irish Top 75 Albums 13
Netherlands Top 100 Albums 22
New Zealand Top 40 Albums 16
Norwegian Top 40 Albums 17
Polish Top 50 Albums 9
Swedish Top 60 Albums 5
Swiss Top 100 Albums 7
UK Albums Chart 4
US Billboard 200 3

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm

golddredgewater wrote:What can you say when a room full of people tell you elvis sucks, and is way over rated?

I assume you are talking about "fans" on this form?

I attack.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Ignore...
or just say: " 50,000,000 Elvis fans CANT be wrong...and it was way back in 1959 " ;)

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 pm

I don't care what people think, say or what ever. Even if it was said to pi$$ me off they won't succeed. If i like Elvis and it makes me feel good to listen to his music it's my life. At least i can trust my ears they never lied to me. Besides that i avoid rooms full of people. As an asperger you wound find me i growded rooms unless it's really really necessary. Especially birthdayparties they're like hell. You sit beside some inquisitive 3th or 4th grade relative finding out things about you that they use against you.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 pm

california boy wrote:Ignore...
or just say: " 50,000,000 Elvis fans CANT be wrong...and it was way back in 1959 " ;)

Hey California boy,i just listened to some of your songs,and you are really good,i enjoyed your songs very much,well done man. :smt023

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 am

People who say that to me are obviously just trying to get under my skin. Additionally, they're part of that large group of people who just don't "get" Elvis and never will. There's no reasoning with them. I just walk away.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:49 am

This may well be my reply to the initial question:

"You think Elvis sucks? That's nothing. Wait till you meet some of the fans I could introduce you to."

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 am

Rob wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:I just b!tch-slap 'em :D

What's going on there that Batman is slapping Robin?

I hate to think that they are having problems.

Robin was making one of those lame "My Boy" jokes.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:02 am

Have never heard anyone say that to me or in my presence. Yet, like Rob, the opinions of others with regard to Elvis never bothered me.
I think DOC sums it up well, that for anyone to even suggest such a thing shows their ignorance and there is no point in going any further with the conversation.

rlj

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Clay wrote:
california boy wrote:Ignore...

Hey California boy,i just listened to some of your songs,and you are really good,i enjoyed your songs very much,well done man. :smt023

Hi Clay :)
Im very glad to hear you like my music my friend, Thank you so much you made my day !
If you would like to buy my Debut album contacrt me here on the message box....My album is for sale via CDBABY web site
its written here on my Signature

Thanks again :)
Lior B :smt006

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:18 pm

I've been questioned about it - ribbed about it at times.

My wife has made no secret that she dislikes Elvis' music.

However, I choose not to respond in any way, I don't defend, I don't attempt to change minds. I simply let it go.

Any amount of information/opinion I could give will generally not change someone's opinion.