Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:59 am

skatterbrane wrote:Tell them that many Opera singers respect Elvis' talent. I think it was Pavarotti who said "Elvis can sing opera, but I cannot sing Jailhouse Rock". If you research the internet you will find it is filled with opera singers who appreciate Elvis Presley. Quite frankly, Elvis was the best popular vocalist that ever was recorded.


http://www.topix.com/forum/who/elvis-pr ... UPLIE07MA1


Just the fact that Chris f-in Walken respects him speaks volumes imo.....I also think E would give credit where credit is due , to Pavarotti (can imagine them singing together in the 80s , alas not to be)

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:00 am

"Oh, you listened to "Confidence" lately?"

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:08 am

I will never get along with those kinds of people. Somebody who's music is that close to my heart like Elvis' is, rules out any Elvis-haters in my friends circle. That doesn't mean they have to be fans, like I, though...

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:47 pm

I take no notice of what people say about Elvis as they are entitled to their opinion and my love of Elvis's music has lasted from my childhood and will continue until the day I die and I just take great pleasure in listening to his music.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:59 pm

People who say he sucks are usually animal haters and atheists. Just speaking from experience. I simply ignore them.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am

No pets and an atheist.

Should I stop being a fan?

Geoff :wink:

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:05 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:"Oh, you listened to "Confidence" lately?"


Matter of fact I listened to "Confidence" on the "Clambake" FTD just last week.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:32 am

Confidence sucks. If people say that to me, I have no defense.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:59 am

tupelo_boy wrote:No pets and an atheist.

Should I stop being a fan?

Geoff :wink:

:smt102
i'm an atheist and i love animals

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
tupelo_boy wrote:No pets and an atheist.

Should I stop being a fan?

Geoff :wink:

:smt102
i'm an atheist and i love animals

I'm an animal, I'm not an athiest and I like Elvis!!

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:50 am

golddredgewater wrote:What can you say when a room full of people tell you elvis sucks, and is way over rated?


My standard reply is that that's quite common view from people who do not have particulary developed taste in music.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
tupelo_boy wrote:No pets and an atheist.

Should I stop being a fan?

Geoff :wink:

:smt102
i'm an atheist and i love animals

I'm an animal, I'm not an athiest and I like Elvis!!


There is great variety in FECC indeed.

Geoff

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:07 am

I'll have 'em banned from here.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Clay wrote:I have not heard anybody say this in years when Elvis name is brought up,they either say they like him,or they don't say anything,i never hear anyone say anything bad about him.When i was a kid,alot of kids in school did not like him until our music teachers did a class history lesson about him for a week,they played songs and showed Jailhouse Rock and Loving You and once the kids were made aware of the history of Elvis and exposed to the best of Elvis they all began to like him.Some of my friends did not like him until they heard the songs i would play.and next thing you know they all started to like him also.

Anyway back in the day when anyone would say he sucks i would get really mad and defend him big time,and tell them all about Elvis's achievements and especially how come Elvis is still the #1 record seller worldwide ever till this day,and tell them just go and do some research and see for yourself on why Elvis is the greatest.So i have not had to defend Elvis when anybody says that he sucks in many years.

What i have noticed with people that say they don't like Elvis is because they don't take the time to stop and give him a chance,and when they do they turn out liking him.When the remix of A little Less Conversation came out on June 25th 2002 and Elvis 30 #1Hits in September 24th of 2002 both became big hits worldwide,and Elvis 2nd To None released October 7th 2003,all 3 releases created a new generation of Elvis fans.

[ cut = no need for this...]


When i was growing up in the early 70's the "i don't like Elvis"was lots bigger then nowadays because later on Elvis during the mid 70's with all the revival of the Stones,Kiss etc. Elvis was seen as something
from the past,singing nowadays in Vegas for old ladies corky songs. That stayed until the end of the 90's when slowly the whole mood changed and today there is nothing more then respect and admiration
for Elvis compared to way back. Even teens who don't like his music admire him being an original and for what he stood for. Rappers admire him because they got to know what he did for black music in particular.
besides that they also like him cause he did in the 70's what they are doing now: flashy clothes.big cars and all the bling.

The only persons in all honestly who seem to "hate"Elvis or put him down are the Michael Jackson fans. Just Google on Elvis or Michael Jackson and it is pure hate and blunt attitude towards Elvis,not even some close respect, what they portrait. And know why? Because they can't stand the overall Elvis exposure. Simple as that.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:52 pm

moffringa wrote:
Clay wrote:I have not heard anybody say this in years when Elvis name is brought up,they either say they like him,or they don't say anything,i never hear anyone say anything bad about him.When i was a kid,alot of kids in school did not like him until our music teachers did a class history lesson about him for a week,they played songs and showed Jailhouse Rock and Loving You and once the kids were made aware of the history of Elvis and exposed to the best of Elvis they all began to like him.Some of my friends did not like him until they heard the songs i would play.and next thing you know they all started to like him also.

Anyway back in the day when anyone would say he sucks i would get really mad and defend him big time,and tell them all about Elvis's achievements and especially how come Elvis is still the #1 record seller worldwide ever till this day,and tell them just go and do some research and see for yourself on why Elvis is the greatest.So i have not had to defend Elvis when anybody says that he sucks in many years.

What i have noticed with people that say they don't like Elvis is because they don't take the time to stop and give him a chance,and when they do they turn out liking him.When the remix of A little Less Conversation came out on June 25th 2002 and Elvis 30 #1Hits in September 24th of 2002 both became big hits worldwide,and Elvis 2nd To None released October 7th 2003,all 3 releases created a new generation of Elvis fans.

[ cut = no need for this...]


The only persons in all honestly who seem to "hate"Elvis or put him down are the Michael Jackson fans. Just Google on Elvis or Michael Jackson and it is pure hate and blunt attitude towards Elvis,not even some close respect, what they portrait. And know why? Because they can't stand the overall Elvis exposure. Simple as that.


That's because 40% of MJ fans are riding the racist bandwagon and 58% are jealous that Elvis is more popular. The remaining 2% are adults who have sense enough to know that there's room for everyone in the music industry! :smt001

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:12 pm

moffringa wrote:today there is nothing more then respect and admiration for Elvis compared to way back.


I wish it would. :roll:

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:29 am

I don't care much for MJ , Brosnan Bond fans , Jackie Chan fans....they seem brain washed really :facep:

(c'mon , Lee would've kicked Chans a**.....Chan is just average-at-best fighter & Benny whopped him good in Wheels on Meals , Bennys stats as a kick boxer is quite impressive......he's the real thing)

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 am

Tang Lungs side kick wrote:
I don't care much for MJ

I don't either!. ,

Brosnan Bond fans

I actually prefer Brosnan as bond ,

Jackie Chan fans....they seem brain washed really :facep:

Really???? Jackie chan films always put a smile on my face.. mostley because the action/comedy genre.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am

I am more a Jackson 5 fan than Michael solo myself, but I think you all know I love Elvis.

Honestly blind fan worship of anyone is unhealthy, and nobody needs to put another artist down to make their favorites look good.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:00 am

I just get annoyed when they say Jackie could've kicked Lee's a**.......c'mon it's like saying an amateur would've beaten Tyson in his prime :facep: :smt005

Besides that I don't have an issue with JC fans.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:45 am

Everyone has different opinion!!

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:35 pm

elvisbot wrote:ask them who their favorite artist is.
Then, go on to explain that artists like Elvis, Little Richard and the other pioneers of rock n roll back in the 1950's, built the foundation that evolved into todays music. And if they don't seem to "get it", direct them to a good book or documentary that explains Elvis' place in the rock n roll universe and they may soon realize Elvis is more than just long sideburns and shaky legs (which most people think of when they hear the name "Elvis").


the problem is,many of them will go the "Elvis is an imposter" route. Sure,they'll be in agreement about LR and Chuck Berry, but not Elvis. Check the Elvis youtube vids,they're full of "Elvis was a fraud" posts. It's sad, but some people think it's cool to dis Elvis .

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:47 pm

If people think Elvis sucks I let them listen to the new Houston 1976 release and turn em into fans right away!

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:54 pm

vbgt wrote:
elvisbot wrote:ask them who their favorite artist is.
Then, go on to explain that artists like Elvis, Little Richard and the other pioneers of rock n roll back in the 1950's, built the foundation that evolved into todays music. And if they don't seem to "get it", direct them to a good book or documentary that explains Elvis' place in the rock n roll universe and they may soon realize Elvis is more than just long sideburns and shaky legs (which most people think of when they hear the name "Elvis").


the problem is,many of them will go the "Elvis is an imposter" route. Sure,they'll be in agreement about LR and Chuck Berry, but not Elvis. Check the Elvis youtube vids,they're full of "Elvis was a fraud" posts. It's sad, but some people think it's cool to dis Elvis .


That is because to many people (some of my best pals included), music genius comes by only by creating music, writing it, from start to the finished product. That a person has a great voice means nothing to a lot of people, because they are mouthing someone else's words & music and many people can sing. To many, Elvis is just like Tom Jones. When I try the Elvis at Sun route and what he created there, I get, yeah but all creativity died after that and he sold his soul to the Col. and Hollywood, etc. etc. Sometimes you just have to ignore it.

Re: What to say when people tell you elvis sucks??

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Only people who come from the ...i would say "the same root of soul" like Elvis, would understand the fantastic legacy of Elvis , he opened the door to all the others, at least 90% if not more of the artist : Beatles, Tom Patty,Sir Cliff Richard,Springstin just to name a few....
Lots of people just dont have enough knowlege and information who was really Elvis , because when he passed away in 1977 with all that image of the "Fat with jumpsuites, vegas..." that image 'burned" in thier mind ....and also all the youngsters of today just dont know about Elvis , maybe 2 songs they know but thats it, i know it may come from home, if thier parents listen to Elvis and spoke about him they would know more, but generally most of them just dont know, they are more into the Doors, Beatles, Zepplin....
Buttom line - its thier own lose, anyone who is got into Elvis world adding lots of colours and quality fun to his / her life