Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: colonel parker bad manger /person

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 pm

I am sorry, but my English is not so well so maybe I did not understand some sentences. Do you mean that despite religious, military and community leaders (!?!) and others who tried to kill Elvis's career, the Colonel saved Elvis???? Do you mean that all these people conspired to kill Elvis'career in the army and the good ol' Colonel saved him??

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
jacob wrote:Could have been worse,imagine if someone like Don King( I know he's a boxing promoter) was his manager! There were probably a lot worse people that Parker as managers,but Parker hurt Elvis' career in the fact that he didn't want Elvis around other people in the business,people who could have helped him grow as a artist.You can bet he didn't forget being fired by Eddy Arnold so he kept Elvis isolated.He was also lucky that Elvis' mother passed away,that coupled with the Army put Elvis in a very vulnerable position and he relied on Parker even more.

With all this you make Elvis look like a fool.
Elvis had contact with lots of people in showbizz. There are thousands of photos to show it.
Then there were people in Elvis' entourage that had showbizz connections.
Despite religious leaders and leaders in the community trying to kill Elvis' career, followed by the militaity trying to kill Elvis' career, it was thanks to Parker Elvis came back bigger than ever in 1960.
Parker even had Elvis being paid for non-appearances! Check the history!

History will tell you that the Colonel did keep certain people away from Elvis whom he may have seen as a threat I.E Leiber and Stoller,Steve Binder and Chips Moman.These were the sort of creative people that Elvis ,despite being as great as he was,needed.
Parker was at certain points of Elvis' career a good manager but he was also a control freak.If he had really have got who Elvis was as a artist and not as a side show things might have been different.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 am

jacob wrote:History will tell you that the Colonel did keep certain people away from Elvis whom he may have seen as a threat I.E Leiber and Stoller,Steve Binder and Chips Moman.These were the sort of creative people that Elvis ,despite being as great as he was,needed.
Parker was at certain points of Elvis' career a good manager but he was also a control freak.If he had really have got who Elvis was as a artist and not as a side show things might have been different.

All Colonel Parker wanted was 2 things :

1) His 50 %

2) Being able to stay in the U.S. and still make his 50 % since he is an illegal alien.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Looking For Colonel Parker - Dutch Documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NwPiq46dk#!

The documentary is just over 50 minutes in length and in some places the commentary is in Dutch.

Brian

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Another clip about Parker...

1:13 Dick Clark's comments of Parker as a manager... "I thought he was the epitome of a bad manager."

Elvis and the Colonel "The Colour of Truth is Grey."
phpBB [video]