Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: tired of the tell all books

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Robert wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:Yes, the Stanley brothers in the second book of Albert Goldman (the last 24 Hours) were the primary source for the fabrication that "Elvis commited suicide"

Now here's the thing.
Nobody knows if that's not true.
On the other hand, nobody knows if it is true either.
This sounds like, "it was Elvis, so it can't be suicide"

I also think it wasn't suicide as Lisa was around but if you add up his health problems, a tell all book on the shelves, severe drug addiction, a career in decline, financial pressure but most important: suffering depression..
A leathal mix which could lead to a planned overdose?
People hang themselves because of a telephone prank.. get the picture?

Take a look at all suicides from famous people and in most cases the reaction is, we never expected this.
Nobody knows what Elvis state of mind was during those final moments.

The fabrication is that david Stanley claimed to be somewhere when he wasn't. Claimed to be one of the first ones on the scene when he wasn't. The suicide is speculation. No way to prove it was but highly unlikely given that his daughter was there and the way he was found.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:02 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Like Goldman's both books. The first-when Lamar was a primary source and after that denied what Albert wrote-that proved Lamar changed his declarations like the wind, the second book was Stanley brothers fabrication. When you read this books based on so low intelect witnesses and believe all of the content of them you must be very naive.

I don't think Lamar ever denied the facts of the Goldman book just the tone, the way the info he gave Golden was spun.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Robert wrote:Now here's the thing.
Nobody knows if that's not true.
On the other hand, nobody knows if it is true either.
This sounds like, "it was Elvis, so it can't be suicide"

All the available evidence points overwhelmingly to Tuesday, August 16, 1977 being just another day in his life.

And considering the extremely dubious source of this baseless assertion of suicide, reviled biographer Albert Goldman, one might be considered very unsophisticated to even consider that it has any validity.

On the bright side, you may buy a used copy online for a PENNY:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0312925417/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_pg_used

Ironically, it's still overpriced.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Extremely dubious or somebody who was around Elvis during the final months and involved in his drug intake?
Again, aside from the Goldman book, I think Elvis lived the 16th to see another day.
But looking at the list of circumstances I mentioned nothing can be ruled out100%, 99.5% maybe, but not 100%, and that's my statement..

When people suffer a depression in combination with drug misbehaviour all signs are on red.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 am

Robert wrote:Extremely dubious or somebody who was around Elvis during the final months and involved in his drug intake?
Again, aside from the Goldman book, I think Elvis lived the 16th to see another day.
But looking at the list of circumstances I mentioned nothing can be ruled out100%, 99.5% maybe, but not 100%, and that's my statement..

When people suffer a depression in combination with drug misbehaviour all signs are on red.

Yes indeed, the world is 99.5% certain Elvis did not commit suicide on August 16, 1977.

Thank you.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Robert wrote:Extremely dubious or somebody who was around Elvis during the final months and involved in his drug intake?

Yes indeed, the world is 99.5% certain Elvis did not commit suicide on August 16, 1977.

Thank you.

99.4% also good for you?

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 am

Anyone remember Fahrenheit 451?

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 am

I think the Doc is correct.....Elvis didn't commit suicide.... more likely he was taking so many pills he goofed up took some of the wrong ones and the result was death,..... could have happened at almost any time :roll:

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 am

There's no need to burn these books. If you don't like them, don't buy them, don't read them.