Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I Am Driving To See Elvis Palm Springs House

Mon May 05, 2003 9:13 pm

Hi Friends,

After reading all of these wonderful posts on taking trips to Memphis and other historical landmarks that relate to Elvis, I have decided to leave tomorrow morning (7:00am) from my house here in Atlanta Georgia and drive out to California (arriving at 1:30pm) and visit Elvis famous Palm Springs home. I will drive back later tomorrow night (leaving at 4:00pm - arriving back home at 10:00pm) and give a full report here on the board!

Keep an eye out for my photos!

Mon May 05, 2003 9:20 pm

Most likely you are going to get some speedy tickets !

Mon May 05, 2003 9:29 pm

Tigerman,
I see that you have been to the "curtis simpkins school of impossible day trips." However, I've got your's beat: I'm leaving from NC at 7:26 tomorrow morning and driving to Hawaii to see all the venues where he played, his rental home, 3 Don Ho shows, the third girl from the left when Elvis steps off the helicopter in "Aloha...." and I'm having lunch with a guy who has a coconut that looks just like Gladys. curtis assures me that I will be back by 4:30 tommorow afternoon and we all know how trustworthy he is. :roll:

Tom

Mon May 05, 2003 9:42 pm

Tom,
Sounds like you have a great plan.
Actually, the more exciting trip will be this coming at the end of the week.

On Friday, I will leave Atlanta at 9:00am, drive to Germany (arriving at 12:00 noon EST), and will visit the army base where Elvis served, then drive back home, (arriving at 4:00pm EST) then, change cloths and drive to New Orleans LA (arriving at 5:30 EST) to have dinner at the club Elvis performed in King Creole, then drive back home (arriving at 7:00 EST).
I am still working on Saturday and Sundays trips - any suggestions?

Mon May 05, 2003 9:51 pm

Yeah, I thought about adding the Germany part on to my trip. But it was an extra $8.50 and we wouldn't get home til almost 6:30pm, so I decided against it. You can only see so much in ONE day!!

Tom

P.S. Our twisted little psychotic ought to be "getting home" pretty soon.

Mon May 05, 2003 9:54 pm

This thread sounds like a Monty Python sketch.HeHe!

Mon May 05, 2003 10:28 pm

go away or I shall taunt you a second time :)