Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Graceland August 16th 1977

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Just stumbled upon this and thought it was fitting

phpBB [video]

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:13 am

thanks for posting..I've never seen this before..

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 am

Thank you.

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:32 am

Amazing footage!

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 am

Interesting footage -- thank you.

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:02 am

thanks for that,very interesting footage.

norrie

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:40 am

I wonder who was drivin that oldsmobile that kept goin in and out!? Thank you for posting!

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:58 am

Thanks!

::rocks

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 pm

thanks for that,very interesting footage. Sad moments in Graceland.... :cry:
Hugs my friend!!!

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:51 am

Wow, just when you think you've seen it all! Really cool footage, thanks....

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:07 am

Is'nt that old man @ 8:46 the same fella in EOT near the elevators ? I swear this strange guy keeps poppin up everywhere like Forrest Gump.

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 am

I've never seen footage quite like this before. Thank you for posting. I'm a little shaken by it.

rjm

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:32 pm

thanks for that, sad, but interesting :cry:

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Is'nt that old man @ 8:46 the same fella in EOT near the elevators ? I swear this strange guy keeps poppin up everywhere like Forrest Gump.


Hail, no. Not even close........

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Sad footage. What i don't get that at the beginning of the footage.... somebody obviously was at the Graceland ground filming and nothing seemed to be going on, no crowd, nothing, no cars, etc. So who was it that got permission to film at Graceland, apparently before the big news broke, yet this person had permisssion to be at the Graceland grounds.... That kind of bugs me. And how was it that one car was appearing everywhere?
Paging the doc i guess.... i am....

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 pm

In this context I heard the name Larry Patrick - can anybody tell me anything about this?

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:28 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:In this context I heard the name Larry Patrick - can anybody tell me anything about this?


Who is Larry Patrick?

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:01 pm

The footage in the first section (close to the house) may not be from August 16. The blurry, yellowish images comprise the so-called "Ambulance Footage," and it does appear to be a home movie depicting the Memphis Fire Department Ambulance as it leaves Graceland for Baptist Hospital.

There is more of the ambulance footage than is shown here. It begins with shots of an Elvis-themed van. It has been surmised that the owners of the van drove it to Graceland, perhaps in the hope that Elvis would see it. They happened to be there when the ambulance arrived, and they began to film the scene as it unfolded.

The short, up-close clip of an ambulance as it approaches the gate is most likely not from August 16, and is certainly not Elvis' ambulance.

The saddest portion of the clip is towards the end, when there is no commentary, just the sound of the traffic and the cicadas, as the sun sets on a terrible day.

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Really interesting and poignant. Thanks for posting it.

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Interesting footage

The first minute or two on and around /Graceland on the 16th is eerie, not comfortable watching that

Re: Graceland August 16th 1977

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:55 am

elvisjock wrote:The footage in the first section (close to the house) may not be from August 16. The blurry, yellowish images comprise the so-called "Ambulance Footage," and it does appear to be a home movie depicting the Memphis Fire Department Ambulance as it leaves Graceland for Baptist Hospital.

There is more of the ambulance footage than is shown here. It begins with shots of an Elvis-themed van. It has been surmised that the owners of the van drove it to Graceland, perhaps in the hope that Elvis would see it. They happened to be there when the ambulance arrived, and they began to film the scene as it unfolded.

The short, up-close clip of an ambulance as it approaches the gate is most likely not from August 16, and is certainly not Elvis' ambulance.

The saddest portion of the clip is towards the end, when there is no commentary, just the sound of the traffic and the cicadas, as the sun sets on a terrible day.


I saw this post last night on my Kindle, but didn't wish to attempt typing (for obvious reasons). And I had a busy day, but I wanted to get back commenting on this post.

elvisjock wrote:The saddest portion of the clip is towards the end, when there is no commentary, just the sound of the traffic and the cicadas, as the sun sets on a terrible day.


Though brief, that is one of the most beautiful, sad, and moving passages I have ever read about the passing of Elvis. Or anyone.

Thank you.

rjm