Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

GIRL HAPPY..YOU'LL BE GONE

Mon May 05, 2003 2:19 am

After all the amazing comments on the new FTD soundtrack releases on here, I guess most of you noticed the "tiny" gem of YOU'LL BE GONE!
Sure, since most of you actually listen!!!
Now, I want comments from those of you who actually got these "soundtracks" and listened in! Am I wrong? Or what is it with YOU'LL BE GONE?

Mon May 05, 2003 2:21 am

I haven't got the soundtrack and don't know what you mean. YOU'LL BE GONE was first released as a bonus song on the original GIRL HAPPY soundtrack.

I KNOW!

Mon May 05, 2003 2:25 am

But, you have to listen to it! I found these three soundtracks so facinating good. But, when I got to the "bounus track" YOU'LL BE GONE, it appeared to me to be "slightly" different to what I've been used to!
So, now I'm really wondering if there are fans out there, digging in?

Mon May 05, 2003 2:37 am

i have the lp version of girl happy
and i do like the song youll be gone

but i dont have the new ftd version
if its the same sound like the lp
i allready know its great.

curtis simpkins

Mon May 05, 2003 2:38 am

"Slightly" different?

What, did Ernst edit in the false start heard on "import" about 5 years ago?

Mon May 05, 2003 3:53 am

I'm still waiting for my copies to arrive, but do tell us what to expect with You'll be Gone. :D

:roll:

Mon May 05, 2003 4:03 am

Yes carolynlm, from EIN. Why does it take soooo long?

:cry:

Mon May 05, 2003 5:45 am

LOL :lol:
I'm just to impatient. They should get here soon. Please. :oops:

Mon May 05, 2003 7:07 am

i am going to memephis tomorrow
i might see it there.
i might not have the money to by it
but at least i get a chance to see it.

yes tom tomorrow my time
by the time you read this i am all ready there.

but i be back later tomorrow night.

curtis simpkins

Mon May 05, 2003 8:41 am

Curtis , please tell me you allowed yourself enough money to tour the mansion and the surrounding attractions ! ? Like , I ' ll be stuffed driving there and back , in one day , from christs knows where ( **** , I thought you lived near the Tatums in the Great Smokey Mountains ! ) and not have money to buy a ticket !

Mon May 05, 2003 8:44 am

i just know someone there.

( i know lisa very well) :lol:

Mon May 05, 2003 8:48 am

thinks Carolyn
i know i well, heck i might go again in june or july.

curtis simpkins

Mon May 05, 2003 8:51 am

i like to Carolyn
like to see that elvis in concert.

that well make a good trip well it.

Mon May 05, 2003 10:37 am

Curtis have fun overthere. I never been there, but my day will come. Some Day.

What about "You'll Be Gone". I didn't hear any different things. Only the sound is much clearer than the version we've had before.

YOU'LL BE GONE

Mon May 05, 2003 12:38 pm

Either the version on the new soundtrack CD is a remix, or an alternate take, or an overdub. You can hear the guitar solo in the midle there and the ending! It is different. I checked out the LP version towards the other CD releases I have! So now Ernst: Which one is it on the new GIRL HAPPY CD?
Other than that, the version is superb! The sound of the soundtrack, in my ears is also superior to anything I've heard! GIRL HAPPY was one of those which didn't come off very well on the DF release!
For all of you who haven't got these three yet, rush out and get it!

Mon May 05, 2003 3:23 pm

Still don't have them...

Like almost everyone else I'm still waiting. Another 10 days or so, according to my supplier.

Sonny

FTDs just arrived in OZ

Wed May 07, 2003 5:51 am

To Carolyn, Sam & other Aussies,
replying to >>>
Hey Sam,
Are you getting yours from EIN too? I am also still waiting for mine.

Unfortunately getting FTDS to Australia takes a little longer. At EIN, we do try our best & always reply to customer comments/complaints asap. We try & provide product, service and reliability all at a reasonable price.
(The only time we couldn't reply as a fast as usual was the 25th Anniv August trip last year when we just weren't here for a month)
New FTDs have just cleared customs & will be in the post.

I can't wait . .
I only wish I could get my copies as fast as in Europe!
Cheers,
Piers

Wed May 07, 2003 7:30 am

Thanks piers, I got my e-mail today saying they are on the way.
I try to wait patiently but it gets hard to at times. I knew they wouldn't be much longer. I can't wait to hear/see them. :lol:

Wed May 07, 2003 8:39 am

Sam, I received my 4 ftd's yesterday (from Records By Mail UK) & I must say I'm floored, these releases are beyond fantastic, I've only ever complained about 1 ftd release & that was the last one (New Years Eve)..in my opinion rightly it has shocking sound problems (from either the tape or mastering)...BUT these 4 ftd's certainly make up for it.

Alot has been said about the 3 soundtrack ftd's & all I can add is yes they are everything that everyone has been praising & more, I will certainly be buying other ones when they are released. Not alot has been said about the other ftd....Studio B, yes I have all the import releases that contain the bulk of Studio B's contents, but to my ears the sound on Studio B is better than the import releases of these takes & that's saying something in view of how good some have these have been bootlegged in the past.
There are people out there that may say, 'well I've got most of those on import I won't buy it', well in my opinion you'd be doing yourself a dis-service as this a very refreshing well made up cd. To my ears Memphis Tennessee take 1 from 1964 Elvis & the band seem to be performing at a break-neck speed not heard of before on this song & just ceckout Elvis voice cracking at the 2 minute mark on take 9 of Ask Me 'for ever' ...but he still keeps it going, brilliant.
If you can afford these, buy them, with the Australian versus UK pound exchange rate at the moment I made a killing on these cd's, I paid the lowest rate I ever have per ftd cd & that included airmail in 6 days flat...brilliant.

Wed May 07, 2003 9:17 am

Thanks Ray,
EIN are sending these by express post, so I should get them by Friday. My Luck Monday.
You've got me busting to hear these, as they get closer to being here.
I look forward to all the soundtracks to come out this way.
Love all the FTD releases, only somewhat disappointed with New Years Eve's sound problem.

8)

Wed May 07, 2003 9:30 am

Yeah Sam, I bet you will get them Monday...the same thing happens to me, you start counting the days & say 'mmm well last time it took 2 days by express post...mmm Wednesday plu 2 days...hey bingo I'll get them Friday...yeah....Friday comes along & the postie didn't deliver them because his van broken down & the mechanic couldn't get there to fix the van as he had to take his cat to the vet as it was sick due to his next door neighbour hating cats & trying to poison the cat by putting aresnic in it's Kangachunks' :shock: :lol: :shock: All you want is your FTD's for C###T SAKE !!! cut the excuses :lol: Been there done that.