Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I am responsible for killing of Larry. P.

Yes
40%
Yes
10%
No
50%
No
No votes

Total votes : 10

Larry P (Moody Blues jam, footage etc) Unbelievable

Sun May 04, 2003 11:10 pm

A long time ago, when I first started using the internet, I realized the massive potential there was for it to be a source of endless and valuable material, stuff you never would have imagined you could have, ever before.

I was about 16 and I scoured the internet for Elvis material far and wide. One day I discovered a website dedicated to Elvis it was run by a man called Larry P (I think). You can not believe what this guy had.

On his site he listed hundreds of unreleased takes, performances and songs, incredible material from all periods of Elvis career. I can't remember the names and titles - it was a long time ago - but there was awesome stuff like, a studio Jam of Moody Blues and swearing versions of songs.. footage too… lots of concert footage. Even today, the material he claimed to have in his possession would blow you away.

I thought… you know if this stuff is out there then why the hell isn’t it available to buy in stores. BMG or RCA or whoever they are must be crazy!… I’ve gotta rectify this problem and right the wrongs. I emailed elvis-presley.com and told them all about this website I had found and what a fantastic business opportunity it would be for them to undertake selling this material to the public. Not too long after that, I received a reply. I can’t remember exactly what – something negative about the site and how bad he and others like him were and thank you for informing us etc etc.

That was the last I ever heard of Larry P.

What ever happened to Larry? And his Material?

Am I responsible for taking this source away from the elvis world - Take the poll (clear my conscience)
Last edited by Simon on Mon May 05, 2003 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 04, 2003 11:12 pm

Moody Blues jam?? what have you been smokin' dude? lol

Sun May 04, 2003 11:13 pm

Jamming on Tuesday Afternoon and Nights in White Satin I presume? lol :wink:

What?

Mon May 05, 2003 12:01 am

Dude, I realize you are a novice at this stuff, but you NEVER relate any information to E.P.E.!!! Thats a good way to get someone in alot of legal trouble and take away a source for material that you may never get a chance at again. Very, very uncool!
Steve

Mon May 05, 2003 12:15 am

Dude, I realize you are a novice at this stuff

Was a novice. I am now an internet expert. Final year computer Science.

Mon May 05, 2003 12:26 am

I realize the irony that I can't get the poll to work :wink:

Mon May 05, 2003 4:20 am

That "guy" was Larry Patrick.

Mon May 05, 2003 4:25 am

So what ever happened to Larry? anyone know?

:?:

Mon May 05, 2003 4:31 am

The last I spoke to Larry, which was quite a few years ago now, one of his children had taken over "the business".

I don't know his reputation with other Elvis fans but he was always a pleasant man to deal with.
His material did a lot for Elvis fans at a time when RCA was releasing nothing but crap.

Larry P

Mon May 05, 2003 5:28 am

Talked to Larry in Memphis last August, and all is well with him.

Mon May 05, 2003 5:36 am

i spoke to him about a month ago
he still doning fine.

curtis simpkins
Last edited by curtis simpkins on Mon May 05, 2003 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 05, 2003 7:22 am

Simon,

What in the hell would possess you to inform EPE that someone / anyone is selling "import" material?
Did you think they were going to thank you for the great idea and start it themselves?

PS. I'm can't be positive but I'm pretty sure Larry didn't carry any recordings of studios jams by the "Moody Blues"