Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 am

I'll be back, It won't be long, change of habit...

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:12 am

chevyford wrote:"Angel"

promiseland wrote:"One Track heart" was a "B" side

What country?


Look here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75387&p=1136876&hilit

It was the B-side to a Promo copy of Roustabout.

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:19 am

Anyone
Big Love, Big Heartache
Doin' The Best I Can

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 am

Who Are You? Who am I (from speedway)

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:26 am

They are many:
Doin' The Best I Can
Angel
Hawaiian Wedding Song
A Whisteling Tune
I'm Falling In Love Tonight
You Can't Say No In Acapulco
I Need Somebody To Lean On
Tender Feeling
Big Love Big Heartache
Puppet On A String
Wisdom Of The Ages
This Is My Heaven
Let's Be Friends
Let's Forget About The Stars
Who Are You?
Last edited by bajo on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:56 am

Anyone (Could Fall In Love) from KISSIN COUSINS

Please Don't Stop loving Me from FRANKIE & JOHNNY

They Remind Me Too Much Of You from IT HAPPENED AT THE WORLDS FAIR

Those three are by far the best.

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:10 am

Greybeard wrote:Anyone
Big Love, Big Heartache
Doin' The Best I Can

::rocks

Also agree with Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man. But there are really many beautiful gems.

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Ku-U-Ipo. As beautiful as any of them.

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:34 pm

I Need Somebody To Lean On

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Please Don't Stop Loving Me
Puppet On A String
So Close Yet So Far Fom Paradise

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:09 pm

The Girl I Never Loved has to be up there

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:54 pm

It's nice to see The Girl I Never Loved and Let's Forget About The Stars getting some love. The first is really a slight song, but it has that manipulative little chord progression during the lines "I want her, and I need her, and I know what might have been" (climaxing on the know), and it tugs at the heart strings. It's a cheap ploy, but extremely effective. Let's Forget About The Stars is also a nice effort, and the type of material from the post-Speedway soundtracks that made the early Camden albums pleasant efforts. The lyrics are a bit bonkers, but Presley's vocal is gorgeous.

Others have mentioned the wonderful Doin' The Best I Can, I Need Somebody To Lean On, and Today Tomorrow and Forever, so I'll plump for the sublime Almost (although preferably without the awful overdub).

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:03 pm

He recorded many great "movie love songs" and one of my favourites is "This is my heaven".

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Ricky wrote:Please Don't Stop Loving Me
Puppet On A String
So Close Yet So Far From Paradise

An unfairly maligned and underrated song. Glad to see you've included it!

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Too many to list.... Brand new day on the horizon one of my favs

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:31 pm

NumberEight wrote:
Ricky wrote:Please Don't Stop Loving Me
Puppet On A String
So Close Yet So Far From Paradise

An unfairly maligned and underrated song. Glad to see you've included it!


The problem with So Close Yet So Far is that the master take is a complete balls-up, with the whole thing sounding more like an outtake, with ragged backing and, at time, an out of tune performance from Elvis. The outtake on Collectors Gold is far better.

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:31 am

I'll be back was only issued as a one sided 45 for some kind of movie nomination awards.
Never say yes
A house that has everything

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:29 am

Let's Forget About The Stars, Home is where the heart is, In my way(Short, but sweet), So close yet so far.

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:40 am

"Pocketful Of Rainbows," "In My Way," "I Need Somebody To Lean On," "The Girl I Never Loved" and "Who Are You? (Who Am I?)".

Re: Your favourite 60`s film love song (no single A-B side)!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:35 am

poormadpeter wrote:It's nice to see The Girl I Never Loved and Let's Forget About The Stars getting some love. The first is really a slight song, but it has that manipulative little chord progression during the lines "I want her, and I need her, and I know what might have been" (climaxing on the know), and it tugs at the heart strings. It's a cheap ploy, but extremely effective. Let's Forget About The Stars is also a nice effort, and the type of material from the post-Speedway soundtracks that made the early Camden albums pleasant efforts. The lyrics are a bit bonkers, but Presley's vocal is gorgeous.

Others have mentioned the wonderful Doin' The Best I Can, I Need Somebody To Lean On, and Today Tomorrow and Forever, so I'll plump for the sublime Almost (although preferably without the awful overdub).

"The Girl I Never Loved" has, since I first heard it, always a favourite of mine. I also think this in one of Elvis' finest acting moments (and possibly the best scene in and the highlight of "Clambake") as to me it's completely believable.
In the past I listened a lot of times (paired with "You Don't Know Me") to it and sobbed like a baby - all over unrequited love. :cry: