Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

official EIC release

Sat May 28, 2011 12:26 pm

what made me think of this now is the upcoming release of armadilla 1977. dont try to release it as an ok elvis show.

you have
elvis comeback show - already released. Arguably the greatest piece of rock and roll history. Elvis at his very best and rawest
ttwii - Release all the extra footage of elvis in his prime putting on the shows of his life
elvis on tour- release it with all the extra footage. Elvis 2 years later. Now more of a rough around the edges rock star.
hawaii 1973 - already released. Elvis making tv and music history. Not the greatest performance but of high cultural importance.
1974 desert storm - Still a musical powerhouse but cracks are showing.
1976 - already way overexposed. Not a great performer but release some additional information as to why.
1977 - EIC and death of elvis. The end of elvis. Show elvis with all the warts of a soon to be dead star. Dont try to pass off 1977 shows as mediocre elvis shows when they are in fact document of a man nearing his end. Release the EIC with well documented information on how bad he really was at this time. Include some contemporary performers takes on what went wrong.
Dont pretend elvis anno 1977 was the Elvis of 68-70. Be as coragious as elvis was when he entered the stage in 1977. Show the decline and explain why.
Elvis didnt go into hiding in 1977, neither should EPE try to hide Elvis state around this time.
Emrace all of the stages of Elvis. Show his humanity and flaws
Last edited by voldto on Sat May 28, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: official EIC release

Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 pm

I wondered how long it'd be before we got another "why don't the officially release Elvis in Concert" thread....

Y'know, since THE FINAL CURTAIN, I don't really give a toss if it's NEVER officially released. We have the TV special in great quality annd the complete shows in pretty damn good quality too. That'll do me fine.

Next?
Last edited by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man on Sat May 28, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Dont think it will ever happen

Sat May 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I wondered how long it'd be before we got another "why don't the officially release Elvis in Concert" thread....

Y'know, since THE FINAL CURTAIN, I don't really give a toss if it's NEVER officially released. We have the TV special in great quality annd the complete shows in pretty damn good quality too. That'll do me fine.

Next?

Does me fine too. I couldn't give a rats you-know-what if it's NEVER officially released either. :mrgreen:

Sat May 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Lisa has said "It will never be released"
She owns the tapes and thats that

Sat May 28, 2011 12:56 pm

promiseland wrote:Lisa has said "It will never be released"

thats not wanting to accept the facts right there
Elvis declined.
Most people know it and make fun of it. A well thought out plan how to show all sides and the decline from 1968 to 1977 would remove some of the myths and foundation for jokes about fat elvis in a jumpsuit could be diminished.

Sat May 28, 2011 1:44 pm

voldto wrote: A well thought out plan how to show all sides and the decline from 1968 to 1977 would remove some of the myths and foundation for jokes about fat elvis in a jumpsuit could be diminished.

I doubt it.

Clips such as Are You Lonesome Tonight are on youtube as "Elvis drunk on stage" etc.

This footage would do nothing but fuel the fat/drugged Elvis jokes.

Sat May 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I wondered how long it'd be before we got another "why don't the officially release Elvis in Concert" thread....

Next?

Agreed, SLGM!!!!

Sat May 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Release it same way as FTD simple, but they wont even do that :smt003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:22 pm

voldto wrote:Emrace all of the stages of Elvis. Show his humanity and flaws

Unfortunately, that philosophy typically isn't an effective approach for retail.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Y'know, since THE FINAL CURTAIN, I don't really give a toss if it's NEVER officially released. We have the TV special in great quality annd the complete shows in pretty damn good quality too. That'll do me fine.

Agreed.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Rob wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Y'know, since THE FINAL CURTAIN, I don't really give a toss if it's NEVER officially released. We have the TV special in great quality annd the complete shows in pretty damn good quality too. That'll do me fine.

Agreed.
+1

Sat May 28, 2011 7:54 pm

keninlincs wrote:
Rob wrote:

Agreed.
+1

Are you guys crazy? You see no need to campaign for a 5.1 surround sound blu-ray?

Sat May 28, 2011 8:18 pm

keninlincs wrote:
Rob wrote:

Agreed.
+1

i'm with you guys on this one

norrie

Sat May 28, 2011 10:51 pm

voldto wrote:what made me think of this now is the upcoming release of armadilla 1977. dont try to release it as an ok elvis show.

you have
elvis comeback show - already released. Arguably the greatest piece of rock and roll history. Elvis at his very best and rawest
ttwii - Release all the extra footage of elvis in his prime putting on the shows of his life
elvis on tour- release it with all the extra footage. Elvis 2 years later. Now more of a rough around the edges rock star.
hawaii 1973 - already released. Elvis making tv and music history. Not the greatest performance but of high cultural importance.
1974 desert storm - Still a musical powerhouse but cracks are showing.
1976 - already way overexposed. Not a great performer but release some additional information as to why.
1977 - EIC and death of elvis. The end of elvis. Show elvis with all the warts of a soon to be dead star. Dont try to pass off 1977 shows as mediocre elvis shows when they are in fact document of a man nearing his end. Release the EIC with well documented information on how bad he really was at this time. Include some contemporary performers takes on what went wrong.
Dont pretend elvis anno 1977 was the Elvis of 68-70. Be as coragious as elvis was when he entered the stage in 1977. Show the decline and explain why.
Elvis didnt go into hiding in 1977, neither should EPE try to hide Elvis state around this time.
Emrace all of the stages of Elvis. Show his humanity and flaws

This is a novel idea!

Let's get this baby out and at retail on DVD and Blu-Ray in 5.1 sound, loaded with extras (full shows from Omaha and Rapid City).

Let the world see and hear all of Elvis' courage and flaws: NOW.

Mon May 30, 2011 3:49 am

:evil: :twisted: :x :? :(

Mon May 30, 2011 3:55 am

Women ! :evil: :evil:

Mon May 30, 2011 3:57 am

Dixieland Rocks wrote:

She has a lot of nerve. Why in the world would anyone go to such lengths to protect a parent's image and legacy?

Mon May 30, 2011 4:09 am

midnightx wrote:
Dixieland Rocks wrote:

She has a lot of nerve. Why in the world would anyone go to such lengths to protect a parent's image and legacy?

Yes, I'm quite disappointed in her as well.

Mon May 30, 2011 4:53 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Dixieland Rocks wrote:

I hope you are joking.

official EIC release

Mon May 30, 2011 5:00 am

midnightx wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Dixieland Rocks wrote:

I hope you are joking.

She is a wh--- for not wanting the world to see her junkie daddy crashing and burning.

Edit:The following comment was sarcasm. In the vein of midnightx and TCBFAN, I was just agreeing with their opinion on the matter. If Lisa Marie did actually own the footage, then I would sit on it for all time. I would not want anybody to see my daddy like that. Kudus to Lisa, if she did indeed own the footage - because as much as I'd like to see it. After seeing TFC and hearing Elvis on June 21 say "One of my latest hurts was Record . . . records was Hurt." I hope it never gets released officially.

End of Edit:

I actually have seen the show. The more bonus scenes from 77 I see, the less I want to see them. If you want a documentary: go out and interview everybody and the ask EPE for EIC clips for your documentary.
Last edited by fg76 on Mon May 30, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 30, 2011 5:07 am

fg76 wrote:
midnightx wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Dixieland Rocks wrote:

I hope you are joking.

She is a wh--- for not wanting the world to see her junkie daddy crashing and burning. :)

Kudos to Lisa!

I

Not a very nice thing to say maby a mod will delete this tasteless comment

Mon May 30, 2011 5:17 am

midnightx wrote:
Dixieland Rocks wrote:

Is she doing anything to stop the continued release/broadcasting of the movies "Easy Come, Easy Go" or "Harum Scarum"? Those are just as bad to Elvis' legacy IMO. Or why license his image foruse on toy rubber ducks? Is that good for his legacy?

Mon May 30, 2011 5:28 am

Shawn1968 wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Dixieland Rocks wrote:

Is she doing anything to stop the continued release/broadcasting of the movies "Easy Come, Easy Go" or "Harum Scarum"? Those are just as bad to Elvis' legacy IMO. Or why license his image foruse on toy rubber ducks? Is that good for his legacy?

You are delusional if you think Easy Come, Easy Go has the same damaging impact that EIC has, and has had since it aired in October 1977.

Mon May 30, 2011 6:27 am

midnightx wrote:You are delusional if you think Easy Come, Easy Go has the same damaging impact that EIC has, and has had since it aired in October 1977.

Right on. As Roy Carr and Mick Farren stated in 'The Illustrated Record', had Elvis lived EIC would have done more irreparable damage to his reputation than a decade of 3rd rate movies.