Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: JULY 31st 1969

Mon May 16, 2011 9:13 am

Elvisfan10 wrote:Elvis was always really nervous about a performances, more so during '69 and '70. Even in TTWII he kept talking about how nervous he was, tapping his fingers and even pacing a room backstage where he drank vodka to calm his nerves.

What?

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 am

Elvisfan10 wrote: ... where he drank vodka to calm his nerves ...

Elvis holds a glass water to the cameras and joked: "This is vodka!" He hates alcohol because his mum have a problem with it. He thinks it get people out of control and he is so right with that. How can you think so? :facep:

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 am

No matter how good and dynamic those shows were, I still believe Las Vegas was the wrong choice.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 am

No matter how good and dynamic those shows were, I still believe Las Vegas was the wrong choice.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:16 am

PetriTCB wrote:It was Elvis' order, that the opening show "will NOT BE recorded!".

You must be careful when making a statment like this! There are "Elvis Shell" fans here that will never accept an answer as this, when it comes to something they been believing in for years. :wink:

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:20 am

jeanno wrote:No matter how good and dynamic those shows were, I still believe Las Vegas was the wrong choice.

YES! Church would have been much better than "Sin City" :smt074
Shame on Elvis and the Colonel!

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Winston wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote: ... where he drank vodka to calm his nerves ...

Elvis holds a glass water to the cameras and joked: "This is vodka!" He hates alcohol because his mum have a problem with it. He thinks it get people out of control and he is so right with that. How can you think so? :facep:

If it was really "straight Vodka" as he said, he would have said it was water! Yup! That's how those jokes work. Dean Martin picks up a glass, and says "just water." And that's the joke.

So, it was water. But he was photographed taking a sip of champagne on stage. And he did have a beer at a party. No major thing. He even smoked a few actual cigarettes; I saw a photo in Memphis in 1979, and the woman in the store where it hung on the wall would not sell it. I offered her a lot. No way.

It was real. Believe me! She was a Memphian from way back; older lady. She said it was the Col.'s rule that he hide it if ever a camera was around. But it was only rarely that he smoked a real cigarette, anyway. And she had a photo.

I wish I had snapped a Polaroid of it, and then ran! She was serious about that picture!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta