Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD COMPILATION

Sun May 04, 2003 4:24 pm

What with all the material now out on FTD, I think it should be possible to issue a sort of BEST OF CD with good material that had not been out during Elvis' lifetiMe and present it as a NEW album , a bit like the "lost Album" or something.
I'm sure this might be interesting ;

Anybody willing to suggest tracklistings?

Regards

Dan

Sun May 04, 2003 4:48 pm

Definately not!!! Why the hell should we buy the same stuff two times :?: Over the years duplicates have been one of the major problems concerning Elvis products so why should we want to get this problem in the FTD release system too?? Can´t you just make yourself a best of cd-r for private use?? Freaks me out man! :x

Sincerely MB280E

Sun May 04, 2003 4:54 pm

I've got to agree with MB,it's not a very appealing idea,Dan.

That said,I do agree that there's some stuff on FTD that is strong enough for RCA/BMG main release's.

Sun May 04, 2003 5:19 pm

With the FTDs already being twice as expensive as regular cds,I can't see something like this selling...
I agree with MB280E and Dan T,why buy the same stuff over again?

Sun May 04, 2003 6:52 pm

I don't have the money to buy EVERY FTD release LOL, but there are STILL some tracks I'd like to get.

And by the way who did NOT buy ELV1S 30??

This was just an idea!!

Regards

Dan

PS:

1. Elvis at the International
2. Memphis Sessions
3. The Nashville Marathon
4. Fame and Fortune
"must haves" in their own right, could have been regular releases

What about these?

Dinner at eight
Help me make it through the night- Wooden heart- Blue Christmas

Spring Tours 77
Blue christmas (03-26-1977- Bridge over troubled water (04-29-1977)

It's Midnight
Spanish eyes Early mornin' rain - Hawaiian wedding song

Silver Screen Stereo
Jailhouse rock (take 5) - Angel (take 2) - Youre the boss (take 3) - Love Me Tender (Stereo?)

The Way It Was
Ghost riders in the sky

Easter Special
March of dimes - Saved (take 1) - An evening prayer (take 2)

6363 Sunset
See see rider (take 2) - A big hunk O'love (take 2) - Can't help falling in love (only studio versions of live 70s staples)

One Night In Vegas
Cattle call/Yodel - Twenty days and twenty nights

Too Much Monkey Bussiness
Burning love -After loving you - Just call me lonesome - Clean up your own backyard - She thinks I still care

Tucson 76
Danny boy

Long Lonely Highway
Long lonely highway (take 1, single master) - Guitar man (take 10) - Too much monkey business (take 9) - Stay away (slow version).

The Jungle room Sessions
Danny boy (take 8)

In A Private Moment
When the swallows come back to capistrano - 500 miles - Number eight.

Out In Hollywood
Little Egypt (take 21) - I need somebody to lean on (take 8) - Baby I don't care (vocal overdub take 6).

Burbank 68
74321 672299-2 BMG/Denmark 1999
When my blue moon turns to gold again - Blue moon of Kentucky - If I can dream (take 4, vocal)

For what this is worth!

Regards

DAN

Sun May 04, 2003 7:29 pm

I can’t agree with using 5 tracks from “Too Much Monkey Business” on any mainstream compilation, but I do agree with your general point that some of the material issued by FTD deserves a wider audience, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some tracks do turn up again on relevant compilations in the future. This has already happened with some of the live performances that were used for the “Greatest Hits” live CD.

Sun May 04, 2003 7:34 pm

The Jungle Room Sessions could easily have been a mainstream release.

Sun May 04, 2003 7:40 pm

Dan_T wrote:The Jungle Room Sessions could easily have been a mainstream release.

Possibly, but it seems the general public don’t really go for this type of release, which is why the “Essential” series was discontinued, and we now get these releases via FTD. I was thinking more in terms of individual performances with regards to mainstream releases, in that some of the alternates that have only been issued by FTD so far are equally as strong as other performances that have graced commercially released collections.

Sun May 04, 2003 8:48 pm

I think the idea here was to release a best of FTD to the general public. I certainly wouldn't want an FTD release of previous material but it is not a bad idea for getting some of the best of this stuff out to the general public.

Bad Idea.

Sun May 04, 2003 9:08 pm

Any more "best of" cd's are a bad idea. there are so many that you could put each one end to end and reach the moon. never has an artist been so redundantly compiled over and over again. please no more "best of"s.

and if there WAS one, no way would i endorse 5 songs from the abyssmal "too much monkey business" cd. i've listened to that thing maybe twice. it was a bad idea when it was "guitar man" and it's a bad idea today. why couldn't've they just used the original "guitar man" artwork and name, anyway?

so in conclusion, no more "best of"s. thanks.

Mon May 05, 2003 1:53 am

Forget the "BEST OF" idea. It's not the best for anyone.
Let's have more NEW FTD releases with MORE unreleased outtakes, alternate takes and never heard before Live Concert etc