More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years

Re: An Afternoon In The Garden

Post by ritchie valens »

old ppl arent buying vinyl the young people are.

Topic author
stupot
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by stupot »

midnightx wrote:
vivaelvis_72 wrote:
midnightx wrote:The masses are never going to embrace physical product again like in the past.
Can you see the future? I don't think so. Nobody knows what tomorrow may bring. For all we know the 8-track could make a comeback down the road. Doubtful but always a possibility. Anything is possible.

If it's portable and handy then they might want it again.
The ease in which casual music consumers obtain and listen to music is key. No one is going to go back and embrace a format which includes physical product that is played on portable devices.
Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is going to embrace a digital product that is played on portable devices. I can see physical formats co-existing with digital for years to come, something like TV and magazines or radio.

Good Time Charlie
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by Good Time Charlie »

stupot wrote:
midnightx wrote:
vivaelvis_72 wrote:
midnightx wrote:The masses are never going to embrace physical product again like in the past.
Can you see the future? I don't think so. Nobody knows what tomorrow may bring. For all we know the 8-track could make a comeback down the road. Doubtful but always a possibility. Anything is possible.

The ease in which casual music consumers obtain and listen to music is key. No one is going to go back and embrace a format which includes physical product that is played on portable devices.
Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is going to embrace a digital product that is played on portable devices. I can see physical formats co-existing with digital for years to come, something like TV and magazines or radio.
There will always be a use for radios, if only for automobiles. Magazines on the other hand, along with newspapers, I can see eventually dying out.

"You go to school, I'm going out to make a buck"

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

stupot wrote:
midnightx wrote:
vivaelvis_72 wrote:

There will always be some physical product available to collectors, audiophiles, and hardcore music enthusiasts, but again, that is a niche market. The masses are not going to embrace physical product again.

vivaelvis_72
Banned - Multiple User Names
Banned - Multiple User Names
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by vivaelvis_72 »

It's no coincidence that new automobiles and home theather systems are being equipped with Ipod plug-ins.

jbnva58
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by jbnva58 »

KiwiAlan wrote:
david57 wrote:I think it is so awesome that an album that was released 14 years ago is up to 85 on the billboard charts another accomplishment for elvis which is so great!!
Ii the same pricing and promotion by Wal-Mart was put into 'Elvis Sings For Children and Grown-ups Too" then that album would enter the charts.

Ii's not an accomplishment for Elvis but a marketing coup.
Can a parallel be drawn between this release and the Garth Brooks box set from a few years ago???Seems that was also a "Wal - Mart" exclusive.