Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:25 am

wish i had never wasted my money on this re-release, by far the most worthless gravel road effort. running time exactly the SAME with just the volume up a bit!, packaging ok and worthwhile buying if you didn't get the 1995 fort baxter version but not worth spending money on!`! :evil:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:26 am

YDKM wrote:wish i had never wasted my money on this re-release, by far the most worthless gravel road effort. running time exactly the SAME with just the volume up a bit!, packaging ok and worthwhile buying if you didn't get the 1995 fort baxter version but not worth spending money on!`! :evil:

Yep. That's the way it is, unfortunately. :|

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:34 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
TONY wrote:The new one runs 2 seconds longer! Make what you will from that!

Well, it does seem strange! But since they pointed out that their release runs at the correct spead, while the Fort Baxter CD doesn't, I would be very surprised if they somehow managed to make it run SLOWER than the original, which ran too slow to begin with! If that is the case, I have bought my last bootleg. I think the bootleg scene pretty much died with Madison but I am looking forward to this particular CD because I don't have the original Fort Baxter CD.

Keith Richards, Jr.

I think you are getting confused with speed and pitch. The adjusted pitch control would not would not effect timing although a slower pitch would sound as if the tape was running slower as with Fort Baxtor when in reality it wasn't .

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:19 pm

:| Yes i picked this CD up from the post office om Saturday(because i had been overseas in England :D ) and i (thought) i must have ordered an 'LP' because it came in that size packaging with its reproduction Tahoe 74' card and single page Menu cover.(its i actually already have and could have done without) the photos copied inside the CD from Sue Mc Caslands excellent book are NOT reprodeced as good and really as well as this CD offering absolutely nothing 'new' i should have re-read and taken much more notice of Tony's original post on this subject(a friend on this forum reckoned its worth getting-but then HE collects everything anyway! :x ) other Gravel road music releases such as the 3.8.69 and 13.12.75 M/S releases all HAVE been worthwhile buying- this one is dissapointing because an up-grade is only worthwhile buying if you didn't have the 'satisfactory' original release.In the booklet it states that they had been working on up-grading this release since 2007!- well i wish they would have taken longer. once a labels reputation is diminished like this CD release i wil now be scrutinising any future releases much more closely thanks to Tony & Henricks posts! :roll: :wink:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:52 pm

YDKM wrote::| Yes i picked this CD up from the post office om Saturday(because i had been overseas in England :D ) and i (thought) i must have ordered an 'LP' because it came in that size packaging with its reproduction Tahoe 74' card and single page Menu cover.(its i actually already have and could have done without) the photos copied inside the CD from Sue Mc Caslands excellent book are NOT reprodeced as good and really as well as this CD offering absolutely nothing 'new' i should have re-read and taken much more notice of Tony's original post on this subject(a friend on this forum reckoned its worth getting-but then HE collects everything anyway! :x ) other Gravel road music releases such as the 3.8.69 and 13.12.75 M/S releases all HAVE been worthwhile buying- this one is dissapointing because an up-grade is only worthwhile buying if you didn't have the 'satisfactory' original release.In the booklet it states that they had been working on up-grading this release since 2007!- well i wish they would have taken longer. once a labels reputation is diminished like this CD release i wil now be scrutinising any future releases much more closely thanks to Tony & Henricks posts! :roll: :wink:

Glad you found my review truthful and accurate as always, but a shame you didn't trust my postings on "You'll never walk alone" (the name given to a cd featuring the re-release of the july 19th 1975 Uniondale live concert).

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:26 am

Well Tony i should get 'You'll Never Walk Alone' cd very soon and will know about that very soon indeed!!~

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:55 pm

So, was the speed corrected on this CD? I missed this re-release but listened to it on youtube and it sounds great. The speed seems to be perfect, elvisinfonet and even Keith F. states that it was corrected.

Now 16 years later, Gravel Road Music presents a timely re-issue with an upgraded presentation, improved audio and with the speed corrected.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/cd_review_s ... quest.html

However, if they corrected the speed (made it faster) then how can be that the running time is the same (and even 2 seconds longer) than on the old Baxter CD? Is the reissue more complete or what?

phpBB [video]

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:54 pm

promiseland wrote: I think you are getting confused with speed and pitch. The adjusted pitch control would not would not effect timing although a slower pitch would sound as if the tape was running slower as with Fort Baxtor when in reality it wasn't .

I suppose your post answers the question.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 pm

I wish FTD would release this damn show, it's brilliant. I don't buy bootlegs but it's online in squashed sound quality. Please please Ciscoking ask Ernst! It's awesome :)

"What happened to the little girl.. she fainted? I'm sorry.."