Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Rob wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:But you forgot the best one Vegas Rhythm a clear and big improvment

Without a doubt, the best sounding bootleg concert I've ever heard.


This was a most pleasing upgrade.

Not quite as good as Power of Zhazam -> One Night Only though. That was a miracle!! :P

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 pm

I have listened to it now thoroughly..and I am pleased..also great layout..and the extras.. :smt007

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Wed May 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I have listened to it now thoroughly..and I am pleased..also great layout..and the extras.. :smt007

Is there any noticeable distortion on this [as some have suggested] when compared to the original FB 'Spanish Eyes' release? Thanks.

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:I have listened to it now thoroughly..and I am pleased..also great layout..and the extras.. :smt007

Is there any noticeable distortion on this [as some have suggested] when compared to the original FB 'Spanish Eyes' release? Thanks.



YES. This re-release is much louder in volume and now very 'brash' and 'loud'. The only Gravel Road release so far where I prefer the original.

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 pm

TONY wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:I have listened to it now thoroughly..and I am pleased..also great layout..and the extras.. :smt007

Is there any noticeable distortion on this [as some have suggested] when compared to the original FB 'Spanish Eyes' release? Thanks.



YES. This re-release is much louder in volume and now very 'brash' and 'loud'. The only Gravel Road release so far where I prefer the original.

Thanks for that Tony. I think i might well pass on it then as i am happy with the audio from the original release despite its meagre packaging !

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Fri May 06, 2011 3:29 am

[/quote]

This was a most pleasing upgrade.

Not quite as good as Power of Zhazam -> One Night Only though. That was a miracle!! :P[/quote]

one night only came from the original soundboard tape(that Bruce sent his mother!), power of Zhazam did not! :lol: :roll:

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Fri May 06, 2011 2:09 pm

The Welz wrote:
Thekingstillrocks wrote:About the jumpsuit . They are right , it is the blue swirl.... or as the designer said , ever seen a blue rainbow... , the blue rainbow was a nickname slipped in by fans. ::rocks


And how does the designer call the "blue swirl suit"? OK, I have to admit that I have never seen a blue rainbow, but I also doubt the existance of a "chineese dragon" and no biologist has ever heared of an "aloha eagle". Maybe one should use the same names and descriptions everyone else is using. It certainly helps to avoid chaos.


if everyone could start using the now well known and established designer names of all the suits it would be easier

Chinese Dragon? ancient chinese folklore
would you have a problem identifying/accepting suits called Manticore, Griffin, Minotaur? well known mythological creatures even though they dont exist in the real world

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sat May 07, 2011 5:50 am

how about lets make this easy and just call it the biue rainbow swirl....... and ... just enjoy the concert.

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sat May 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi Voldto,

The Blue swirl you refer too is the Four leaf clover or easier said "Lucky" jumpsuit. Its all very logic , if you look close to the paterns of the suits.
And the famous designer of all the rhinestone and embroidery jumpsuits is Gene Doucette. Before it was Bill Bellew to be precise.


::rocks :D

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sat May 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I don`t care about the jumpsuits in this moment..the show is more important..and one of the best from this gig.. :lol:

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sat May 07, 2011 9:29 pm

A CD analysis by Henryk

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/comp-spanish.htm

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sat May 07, 2011 10:58 pm

:shock: I'm quite surprised by the latest review of this disc on Francesc's site! It claims the running time is THE SAME only different by a 1 second of silence at the begining and end! all it really says is that on the new disc the sound is just 'louder' with no improvement from the original Baxter release. well i ordered this upon the strong recommendation of a friend of mine.....so i wonder will i like it or be as dissapointed as ther comparism review says??? :roll:

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sat May 07, 2011 11:18 pm

YDKM wrote::shock: I'm quite surprised by the latest review of this disc on Francesc's site! It claims the running time is THE SAME only different by a 1 second of silence at the begining and end! all it really says is that on the new disc the sound is just 'louder' with no improvement from the original Baxter release. well i ordered this upon the strong recommendation of a friend of mine.....so i wonder will i like it or be as dissapointed as ther comparism review says??? :roll:


Well...what more can I say? The running time is THE SAME. The new version is LOUD, but unfortunately LOUDER doesn't mean BETTER. The artwork is very good and the bonus cards are nice but in my opnion that's not what makes a re-release worthwhile. To tell you the truth, I am disappointed but perhaps you'll feel differently about it. Time will tell... To me "Spanish Eyes By Request" is the triumph of form over (supposedly upgraded) content.

PS. For the record, I didn't say "no improvement." I said "not really much improved."

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 11:21 am

:shock: my goodness! well if the running time is EXACTLY the SAME how can they be saying its 'speed corrected?' now i have to liisten to it and see if LOUDER=better to my ears!?? :roll: :|

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 3:03 pm

See below.
Last edited by TONY on Sun May 08, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm

YDKM wrote:
This was a most pleasing upgrade.

Not quite as good as Power of Zhazam -> One Night Only though. That was a miracle!!

one night only came from the original soundboard tape(that Bruce sent his mother!), power of Zhazam did not! :lol: :roll:


That's strange; in your earlier posting you said this was a 'pleasing upgrade'. Why did you write that if you had not heard the new distorted version??!!

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 3:09 pm

YDKM wrote::shock: I'm quite surprised by the latest review of this disc on Francesc's site! It claims the running time is THE SAME only different by a 1 second of silence at the begining and end! all it really says is that on the new disc the sound is just 'louder' with no improvement from the original Baxter release. well i ordered this upon the strong recommendation of a friend of mine.....so i wonder will i like it or be as dissapointed as ther comparism review says??? :roll:



Shame you did not read my original honest posting about this on page 1 a few weeks ago!!! :smt006

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Several post now about sound on this titel.So I deceided to compare both myself.Sorry I can't find any problem with this new titel and I haven't got a free copy of it either.Yes sound is louder compared to old titel.To me the old titel are abit lack of bass.I like it louder and with more punch, but nothing wrong with old titel when you put some volume to it.Maybe the old titel are more balanced??I'm not an expert :-)
The only GRM titel to me that I'm not happy with was Continues at full blast (Duller and not as good as the original FB).But if you don't have the old titel the new I see as a must have.
Keep your good job up GRM.If not for me then for the new elvis fans :-)
Last edited by tuttifrutti on Sun May 08, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 3:34 pm

The new "Spanish Eyes" release by GRM has more bass, more punch, slightly louder, and has more "space" and "air".....therefore, the new release from GRM has much BETTER sound quality than the old FB release 16 years earlier. Keep in mind GRM has improved, more modern sound recording & transferring (using 24 Bit technology) equipment to work with from the original master tapes as far as transferring & mastering is concerned.

BTW, I've read somewhere that GRM is now working on releasing Milwaukee & Kansas City shows from June 28th & 29th, 1974. Good days ahead folks. :D

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 4:18 pm

A true sound upgrade to "In Dreams Of Yesterday" (Memory Records) would be most welcome, but can "Knasas City Blues" (Fort Baxter) really get significantly improved sound wise?

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm

hm80ep wrote:A true sound upgrade to "In Dreams Of Yesterday" (Memory Records) would be most welcome, but can "Knasas City Blues" (Fort Baxter) really get significantly improved sound wise?


I had those thoughts myself about Kansas City Blues, but maybe it's more of a complete show this time around?:roll:

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 4:36 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:The new "Spanish Eyes" release by GRM has more bass, more punch, slightly louder, and has more "space" and "air".....therefore, the new release from GRM has much BETTER sound quality than the old FB release 16 years earlier. Keep in mind GRM has improved, more modern sound recording & transferring (using 24 Bit technology) equipment to work with from the original master tapes as far as transferring & mastering is concerned.

BTW, I've read somewhere that GRM is now working on releasing Milwaukee & Kansas City shows from June 28th & 29th, 1974. Good days ahead folks. :D



SLIGHTLY louder??? It's miles louder with more treble making it more 'splashy'. But this new loudness has ruined the listenable subtelty of the original, now making it a brash, harsh distorted sounding experience. It's like turning the volume up full on a cheap radio.

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Sun May 08, 2011 5:45 pm

tuttifrutti wrote:
hm80ep wrote:A true sound upgrade to "In Dreams Of Yesterday" (Memory Records) would be most welcome, but can "Knasas City Blues" (Fort Baxter) really get significantly improved sound wise?


I had those thoughts myself about Kansas City Blues, but maybe it's more of a complete show this time around?:roll:



KC Blues by FB is one of the most hard to find bootleg CD's.....can't wait for GRM to put this one out (and more complete this time around).

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Mon May 09, 2011 10:16 am

TCB-FAN wrote:KC Blues by FB is one of the most hard to find bootleg CD's...


It is? Well, I have a copy! It's not for sale of course. Fort Baxter's Classic Series... now those were fantastic releases.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Mon May 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:KC Blues by FB is one of the most hard to find bootleg CD's...


It is? Well, I have a copy! It's not for sale of course. Fort Baxter's Classic Series... now those were fantastic releases.

Keith Richards, Jr.



I actually had 2 or 3 opportunities to buy the FB release back when it first came out in 2005, but decided not to simply because it was far from complete. No regrets here. I did manage to download the album though. (thank you Mr. Torrent). :mrgreen: