Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Just recieved "Spanish Eyes by request" GRM CD

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:02 am

try timing i got a woman/amen on both discs.
If you see a time difference it WAS speedadjusted.

All you need is to check the timecode on your cd player.

TONY wrote:
dj bobby wrote:Received my copy today.
Although I have the FB release to, i'm quite impressed of this release. Not only the fantastic package (+ postcard and invitation card) but certainly the overall sound is better imo, a bit clearer, but i think when you listen with earphones the feeling is more real.
Certainly no regrets here.

But no speed correction and there is distortion where they have plumped for a higher volume. The whole thing now sounds brash and LOUD. I prefer the original in this instance.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:46 pm

How can a disc timed at 2 seconds longer be 'speed corrected'???? No, I havn't played both versions and sat there with a stopwatch timing every blamed song!! Presuming the first one was slightly slow, I hear absolutely no difference, except now there is distortion / overload! :x :cry:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Nothing is wrong with the old Fort Baxter bootleg in my opinion. I couldn't hear the wrong speed, if there is any. That's the reason why I didn't buy this reissue from Gravel Road.
Thanks for your observations, Tony.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:16 pm

TONY wrote:How can a disc timed at 2 seconds longer be 'speed corrected'???? No, I havn't played both versions and sat there with a stopwatch timing every blamed song!! Presuming the first one was slightly slow, I hear absolutely no difference, except now there is distortion / overload! :x :cry:

Tony, on every single post you've posted....you sound way too content and satisfied. You need to be a little more critical, belligerent and negative. A little more blatent hostility would'nt hurt either.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Bah humbug! LOL. I had such faith in GRM that this WOULD be better, ala "Vegas Rhythm", "Return of the prodigy" etc, that I ordred this without reading reviews etc. I am disappointed that this one is NO better, apart from the packaging. The overload makes it a harder listen IMO. Do'nt mean to sound at all aggressive, just surprised that this one is no better at all.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:08 am

tcb1 wrote:... but Bull sh*t hype just to sell a disc, nothing new there.

Since they've proven with nearly every previous release that their discs have significantly upgraded sound, it seems unlikely that all of a sudden this one's audio improvement is "Bull sh*t hype just to sell a disc ..."

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:15 am

Looks like a fine release but FTD will top it if they release it...

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:57 am

The cd runs a little faster just a few sec more silence.
They made a new transfer from the tape. and the fade outs are also on the tape.

The sound wasn't hyped
quote from ad:
Now the performance is presented by GRM at the correct speed, with improved sound and in a super-deluxe package.

Doesn't sound like a toothpaste promo. to me...
And reading the reactions, excactly what they promised.
::rocks

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:17 am

Some other thoughts:

tcb1 wrote:• did we need this CD NO

"We"? Anyone who didn't get the 1995 release -- 16 years ago -- might actually want a copy.

tcb1 wrote:•do we need a token post card NO

"We"? Aren't these thrown in for free, as a nice keepsake? Why is this a complaint?

tcb1 wrote:•Is this post going to upset some fans who didn’t get all this CRAP with the CD YES probably

What is this about? If the free bonuses that each copy apparently had didn't arrive, isn't that the fault of the dealer?

All of your "complaints" sound like someone who is jealous, not someone who is giving this CD a fair review.

One thing is certain: Elvis gives a really good performance. He's on his game.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:27 am

Good & balanced assessment John - thanks!
Darrell

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:47 am

tcb1 wrote:• do we need the cardboard menu that gets bent to hell in the post NO
• do we need a token post card NO
• the booklet is it nice YES is it amongst the best he’s done NO

Are you a collector..?...NO.... :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 am

edit..

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 pm

tcb1 wrote:... the only way he can get sales is to through in this FREE stuff.

Stop already, will ya?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Thekingstillrocks wrote:The cd runs a little faster just a few sec more silence.

Ha, ha, so it's made longer by adding a bit of silence???!!!! Where is this silent 'interlude', pray?!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Tony,

if it falsl into the first second and also at the end it will count the second as a whole.

Why looking for something which hasn't any meaning ?

Enjoy, and TCB

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Personally I consider the original Fort Baxter cover design as one of the best ever. The package may be more complete now with booklet and the free stuff, but the design of the original one beats the GRM design by miles.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 pm

KB wrote:Nothing is wrong with the old Fort Baxter bootleg in my opinion. I couldn't hear the wrong speed, if there is any. That's the reason why I didn't buy this reissue from Gravel Road.

Great to see you still posting here KB.

As usual my thoughts echo yours completely....great minds think alike eh?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Mike S wrote:
KB wrote:Nothing is wrong with the old Fort Baxter bootleg in my opinion. I couldn't hear the wrong speed, if there is any. That's the reason why I didn't buy this reissue from Gravel Road.

Great to see you still posting here KB.

As usual my thoughts echo yours completely....great minds think alike eh?

I agree, Mike! :D

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 am

wow! what a fantastic(re-release) i love it... nothing to complain about here & the extras are super cool that they include with this cd! Lake Tahoe shows rule!

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 pm

JEFF d wrote:wow! what a fantastic(re-release) i love it... nothing to complain about here & the extras are super cool that they include with this cd! Lake Tahoe shows rule!

JEFF d
EP fan

So, you have not noticed the overload / distortion compared to the original? Or is it that you do not have the original Fort Baxter release?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 pm

JEFF d wrote:
the extras are super cool

Absolutely..great packaging.. :smt007

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:34 am

My request for GRM:
Event Number 8, early released by Madison in 2000 and
The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard - 2 CD set... totally sold out and is missing in my collection.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:55 am

TONY wrote:
JEFF d wrote:wow! what a fantastic(re-release) i love it... nothing to complain about here & the extras are super cool that they include with this cd! Lake Tahoe shows rule!

JEFF d
EP fan

So, you have not noticed the overload / distortion compared to the original? Or is it that you do not have the original Fort Baxter release?

nope i didn't notice...

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 am

dougkapp wrote:My request for GRM:
Event Number 8, early released by Madison in 2000

Hopefully not as they didn't have the tape to work with.

The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard - 2 CD set... totally sold out and is missing in my collection.

They already did that... :wink:

Wed May 04, 2011 10:11 am

Got my CD yesterday. I haven't listened to it yet -- I am not in a "soundboard mood" right now -- but it appears to be a quality package although I could have done without the bonus cards. I like to see such things reproduced in books and booklets but don't really need full-size copies. But it's not a problem as they ARE bonus cards, they didn't charge extra for 'em...

Gravel Road can not be compared to the legendary Madison -- their CDs are works of art, hell, even the TITLES are perfect! -- but are problably the best bootleggers around at this time.

Keith Richards, Jr.