Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvisfan10
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Elvis' vocals question

Post by Elvisfan10 »

In Elvis' version of Blue Moon, did he take those higher notes?

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Re: Elvis' vocals question

Post by TJ »

Yes.

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 9 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Yes ,definately

-instagram kenh1964

KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KiwiAlan »

Elvisfan10 wrote:In Elvis' version of Blue Moon, did he take those higher notes?

Research indicates thet there are two possible answers here.

Firstly it is all Elvis.

But secondly a growing feeling that it was Sam.s cat Sunny who kept getting under Elvis feet and wailing differed tone as his tail stepped on..

The notion that it was Scotty suffering electric shock from his guitar is pure nonsense

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

Elvisfan10 wrote:In Elvis' version of Blue Moon, did he take those higher notes?
Don't be silly!

It's CLEARLY Sherrill Nielson!

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image

jbnva58
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by jbnva58 »

Its all Elvis,at his glorious best.

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

Elvis's recording of Blue Moon is, in my opinion, not only one of the most haunting pieces of music he ever recorded, but also one of his most engrossing.
His vocal is mesmeric - so nauanced, controlled and completely elegant over what was, for-all-intents-and-purposes, a western-style amble of a backing. In the hands of a lesser singer, the end result may have offered little, whilst, in the hands of singers more experienced when taking on the same song, splendid as some versions are, what Elvis delivered was a mood piece par excellënce to which no other version can truly compare.

It's like a mini film noir, desert town set, yet on the single side of a 45. Think The Petrified Forest or High Sierra and correlate those with Elvis's recording of Blue Moon, and you'll get the drift. It's as bleak as any recording made in the Jungle Room, perhaps more so, the uplifting last verse conveniently - and cleverly - removed.

Had Frank Sinatra not aced an album of songs with the Moon being the common theme of each track, I may be hasty to expound the possibilities of a similar concept from Elvis - and with a few more contemporary songs to boot. But I would have to bring up Bad Moon Rising again . . . Lumar themes aside, I will further express just how acute Elvis could be with a certain mood when recording and putting his own mark on a song. Had that translated to a concept, with a patient, dedicated Elvis and consideration taken in selecting the right material, who knows how good an album he may have recorded.

Topic author
Elvisfan10
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Elvisfan10 »

The song is definitely my favorite version because it's filled with so much emotion. I find it to be a haunting version, but at the same time really beautiful. He was able to pour so much emotion into his music when given the chance to show what he's was capable of doing. That's why I was asking about his voice during the parts with the high notes.