Question about the Original Album Classics set.

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
seaward
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Question about the Original Album Classics set.

Post by seaward »

I have this 2008 Sony Legacy set that includes 5 Elvis albums. I was just wondering if anyone knew who done the mastering for this set? I don't even know what album versions were used to make this set? When I checked the company's website I found out that the included Loving You Album was mastered using DSD technology from 2005. So far, the only info I have is what the website states, which is inserted below...

Disc 1 Elvis: (P)-Line: (P) 2001 RCA Records

Disc 2 Elvis Presley: (P)-Line: (P) 2003 SONY BMG Strategic Marketing Group

Disc 3 Loving You: (P)-Line: (P) This Compilation (P) 2005 BMG Music

Disc 4 Elvis Is Back: (P)-Line: (P) 1999 BMG Entertainment.

Disc 5 G.I. Blues: (P)-Line: (P) Originally released 1960. All rights reserved by SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.

Is this a case where each album was mastered by various engineers or did Vic or someone remix/remaster these 5 albums for this set? I do know that the sleeves used were the electronically reprocessed ones from the sixties.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
seaward

Re: Question about the Original Album Classics set.

Post by seaward »

I like to add that if I were to take a swing at an answer, I would say that Kevin Budd mastering was used for the Loving You album, Ferrante mastering for Elvis Is Back and as for Elvis Presley, Elvis and G.I. Blues either the original masters from years ago or from the Dick Baxter masters.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

What are the tracklistings? This would answer the questions for the 50s albums as the Kevan editions have a different running order to their late 90s counterparts. I suspect "Elvis is Back" is the same 90s master derived from the 60s Masters box. GI Blues, depending on tracklisting is probably either the early 90s master or the 1997 extended edition master. It is possible though it could be derived from the 2007 Anesini masters - but I doubt it.

Topic author
seaward

Post by seaward »

The Elvis Presley, Elvis and G.I. Blues albums each have the idential tracklisting as when they were first released. The Elvis Is Back album has the same tracks as the 1999 version with bonus songs. Loving You tracks are the same as the 2005 remastered version with bonus songs.