Drowned In Sound -- New Omega Release 8-24-69 M.S.

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

tuttifrutti
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Drowned In Sound -- New Omega Release 8-24-69 M.S.

Post by tuttifrutti »

Drowned in sound and from the booklet.I prefer to have it all on one disc :D :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

Ken Jensen wrote:Most of this show was released on Writing for the King, and other selections can be found on Elvis in Person and Platinum. A total rip-off.

In fact, I think FTD should release both of the August 24 shows as a twofer, mixed and mastered by Vic Anesini. That should put things right.

Yep, but until the glorious FTD outing materializes, we'll just have to settle for the Omega release. Something is better than nothing I say.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

TCB-FAN wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:Most of this show was released on Writing for the King, and other selections can be found on Elvis in Person and Platinum. A total rip-off.

In fact, I think FTD should release both of the August 24 shows as a twofer, mixed and mastered by Vic Anesini. That should put things right.

Yep, but until the glorious FTD outing materializes, we'll just have to settle for the Omega release. Something is better than nothing I say.
If you are that gullible, I can sell you the thing myself. I can have it ready in less than ten minutes. 13 of the 18 songs from the show have been released officially on multitrack, one will be lifted from the dinner show the same day, and the last four will be taken from the soundboard. Thirty dollars, just for you, my friend? Okay?

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

TCB-FAN wrote:Yep, but until the glorious FTD outing materializes, we'll just have to settle for the Omega release. Something is better than nothing I say.
Or you could wait until someone releases the complete show, including "What'd I Say."

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

fg76
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by fg76 »

If you can get it for cheap, and don't have the old copy - I'd say go for it. Otherwise, we have plenty of shows from that week that have already been released and released officially.

I have one question though: Albums like Good to be Back and Prodigy get praise as get them now and then get them officially, as a release like this one gets trashed. Kind of boggles my mind.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

fg76 wrote:I have one question though: Albums like Good to be Back and Prodigy get praise as get them now and then get them officially, as a release like this one gets trashed. Kind of boggles my mind.
Huh? Neither of those examples have ever had an official release, and each featured greatly improved audio and stellar packaging. Big difference, not at all mind boggling.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

tuttifrutti wrote:Drowned in sound and from the booklet.I prefer to have it all on one disc :D :smt006
Man! I can do better on Windows Paint!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

"What's That ? Oh Smoke" :roll:
"What's That ? Oh Smoke"
"What's That ? Oh Smoke"

Elvis must've said that like 20 times in the 10- minute "Life Story".
Please bootlegger please Edit that out on your forthcoming escape er release.

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by hm80ep »

JimmyCool wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:Drowned in sound and from the booklet.I prefer to have it all on one disc :D :smt006
Man! I can do better on Windows Paint!
Prove it. I dare you! :wink:

Henryk

fg76
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by fg76 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:I have one question though: Albums like Good to be Back and Prodigy get praise as get them now and then get them officially, as a release like this one gets trashed. Kind of boggles my mind.
Huh? Neither of those examples have ever had an official release, and each featured greatly improved audio and stellar packaging. Big difference, not at all mind boggling.
Thanks Dr. John, I get it now.

pageglen
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by pageglen »

Well guys,at least this is not a fake,like a cd that CLAIMS to have the 08-13-70 MIDNIGHT SHOW on it. It did have a good cover though,but that is it. No i did not buy it either,I was suspicious when i read about it. It was mulitracks from the other 08-70 shows,at least it is not claiming to be something it is not-as far as the date anyway,right?
Glen

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

In my cd player now.But nothing new for me.I have it all before on FTD with others, but now on one disc except what I say.

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

TCB-FAN wrote:Image

Drowned In Sound

OMEGA Records presents its first album!
New label OMEGA Records is proud to announce a release of multitrack/soundboard concert from 1969 in superior sound!
As recorded live in Las Vegas, NV, at the Hilton Hotel Showroom, August 24th, 1969 Midnight show. 
This concert has been released 16 years ago on DAE serie “Here I Go Again” with wrong showdate (August 23rd Dinner show). Last three tracks (Suspicious Minds, What´d I Say, Can´t Help Falling in Love) were taken from from August 3rd.
Current OMEGA records release is for the first time complete recording of August 24th Midnight show, except for “What´d I Say” (August 24th, Dinner show). Sound is improved compared to DAE as the source for the most part of the show is multi-track tape.
For the majority of collectors this will be a new, previously unknown form of the show in superb sound!
CD comes in digipack with a 12 page booklet containing a collection of August 1969 on and off stage photos.

Tracklist :

01. Blue Suede Shoes, 02. Elvis talks, 03. I Got A Woman, 04. All Shook Up, 05. Elvis talks, 06. Love Me Tender, 07. Elvis talks, 08. Jailhouse Rock / Don´t Be Cruel, 09. Heartbreak Hotel, 10. Elvis talks, 11. Hound Dog, 12. I Can´t Stop Loving You, 13. Johnny B.Goode, 14. Life Story (incl. one line of Hound Dog), 15. Baby What You Want Me To Do, 16. Runaway, 17. Are You Lonesome Tonight? 18. Words 19. Yesterday / Hey Jude, 20. Introductions, 21. In The Ghetto, 22. Suspicious Minds, 23. What´d I Say, 24.Can´t Help Falling In Love

Running time: 66:39

This cover is the front page from the booklet :D

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

hm80ep wrote:
KingElvis wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:I like the picture, but the cover looks very amateurish... :/
yes my first impression as well.
Has the cover already changed?

No it hasn't

dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by dennyelvis »

I agree, i loved the show and didnt realise it had been revamped on Writing for the King, in that case then use it for a coaster if u must buy it !

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

I like the design ,artwork booklet It reminds me of the GRM releases :D
But why write 2010 omega records?Now we have 2011 :D

javilu
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by javilu »

tuttifrutti wrote:In my cd player now.But nothing new for me.I have it all before on FTD with others, but now on one disc except what I say.
Unless you got a free copy, why on earth would you spend money on something you already have and could have easily compiled yourself at no cost?

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.”

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

javilu wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:In my cd player now.But nothing new for me.I have it all before on FTD with others, but now on one disc except what I say.
Unless you got a free copy, why on earth would you spend money on something you already have and could have easily compiled yourself at no cost?
I want the original copy sorry that's the way how I am and now almost all on one disc except what'd I say as I earlier said.Ok not expensive for me, but not free copy.
I know alot of us hard to die collectors out here are perhaps tired of all these re-releases, but we must think of our new fans too.They must have their chance too to get hold of what we already have.
And this is a cheap way to get hold on this re-release with good sound on it.
FTD Writing for the king is not for free where you have this show on the better sound.

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

tuttifrutti wrote:
javilu wrote:
I want the original copy sorry that's the way how I am and now almost all on one disc except what'd I say as I earlier said.Ok not expensive for me, but not free copy.
I know alot of us hard to die collectors out here are perhaps tired of all these re-releases, but we must think of our new fans too.They must have their chance too to get hold of what we already have.
FTD Writing for the king is not for free where you have this show on the better sound.
This thing about the new collectors is the biggest bullcrap ever.

If you are new collector, with time, a little bit of money and dedication, you can get the old releases. If you are a new hard collector you are not going to settle for a new release only, if there is also an old one. You would need both.

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

Francesc wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:
javilu wrote:

If you are new collector, with time, a little bit of money and dedication, you can get the old releases. If you are a new hard collector you are not going to settle for a new release only, if there is also an old one. You would need both.
So you know how all new collectors think and want.Sorry but I don't have such power I'm only a human living being.

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

tuttifrutti wrote:
Francesc wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:
javilu wrote:

So you know how all new collectors think and want.Sorry but I don't have such power I'm only a human living being.
If I'm wrong, so it is your statement above since you don't know what they think either.

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by hm80ep »

tuttifrutti wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
KingElvis wrote:
No it hasn't
Well, I guess it actually has.

From this:

To that:

More here:

http://www.elvisdvdcovers.com/ELVIS%20DVD%20COVERSIMPORTS2011.html

(one needs to scroll down a bit)

Henryk

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

hm80ep wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
KingElvis wrote:
No it hasn't
Well, I guess it actually has.

From this:

To that:

More here:

http://www.elvisdvdcovers.com/ELVIS%20DVD%20COVERSIMPORTS2011.html

(one needs to scroll down a bit)
But if you read my post earlier I told that the first cover comes from booklet and not from front cover :D

tuttifrutti

Post by tuttifrutti »

Francesc wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:
Francesc wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:
javilu wrote:

If I'm wrong, so it is your statement above since you don't know what they think either.
But I just suggested the new collectors maybe of this certain release not all releases :D

Topic author
TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

It's out already ??

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970