What new albums would you like to see released by SONY/RCA

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Re: What new albums would you like to see released by SONY/R

Post by minkahed »

vivaelvis_72 wrote: Besides, I haven't heard the new masters since they are only available on that overpriced box set that's been going around.
Oh, you mean that set that you swore would never see the light of day, yeh I remember ...

How many copies did "Viva Elvis" sell again anyway, 43 ? the ones you bought, right ? LOL

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Topic author
vivaelvis_72
Banned - Multiple User Names
Banned - Multiple User Names
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by vivaelvis_72 »

minkahed wrote:
vivaelvis_72 wrote: Besides, I haven't heard the new masters since they are only available on that overpriced box set that's been going around.
Oh, you mean that set that you swore would never see the light of day, yeh I remember ...

How many copies did "Viva Elvis" sell again anyway, 43 ? the ones you bought, right ? LOL
What? I never said that. I said I have not heard it yet. It's too expensive for me to get at the moment. And why so many comments about Viva Elvis aimed at me? If you're referring to my name then it's what I go by on all forums. Just a name. I think you and some others have me confused with someone else. I haven't been a member here but just for about a month.

Albert Goldman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Albert Goldman »

For me one of the dream albums would certainly be a collection of highlights from Vegas 69. Including Runaway, Reconsider Baby, My Babe, What'd I Say, Mystery Train/ Tiger Man etc. etc. Yeah... that would be a real double dynamite for ol' Albert...

Of course the Guitar Man album with U.S. Male and some other 68 recordings would be killer, but that's another story and another topic...

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

midnightx wrote:
vivaelvis_72 wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Robt wrote:Elvis wise - Madison Square Garden (evening show) would be a killer if it were mastered by Vic.
It has been mastered by Vic.
Sorry, but remastering that album/show won't do it any wonders. The original album is poorly mixed to begin with and needs to be completely newly mixed...
I agree in part. Vic's mastering is well done and the performances sound great, so a remix isn't a necessity. That being said, I would love to hear what Vic could do with a remix.

vivaelvis_72 wrote:...a la the Aloha From Hawaii remix in 1998 which is far superior to the quadradisc mix from 1973.
The 1998 Ferrante remix of Aloha is horrid. One of Ferrante's worst efforts. It is dull, lifeless, and muddy. He really couldn't have done much worse. Again, if you think about how stellar Vic's mixing has been with the 1969/1970 multi-track live tapes, just imagine what he could do with Aloha. As with MSG, Vic's current mastering is the final word for now.
Agree with this - Ferrante's track record is horrible [the 'Promised land' album remix cd is an exception - note: G.M in his review at the time [ETMAHM mag] failed to even recognize it had been remixed !]. I do agree however with the poster, that remixing properly and sympathetically from the original multi-track tapes would produce stunning and IMPROVED AUDIO results. When we are likely to see this happen is another matter altogether .

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

elvisalisellers wrote:
midnightx wrote:
vivaelvis_72 wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Robt wrote:Elvis wise - Madison Square Garden (evening show) would be a killer if it were mastered by Vic.
It has been mastered by Vic.
Sorry, but remastering that album/show won't do it any wonders. The original album is poorly mixed to begin with and needs to be completely newly mixed...
I agree in part. Vic's mastering is well done and the performances sound great, so a remix isn't a necessity. That being said, I would love to hear what Vic could do with a remix.

vivaelvis_72 wrote:...a la the Aloha From Hawaii remix in 1998 which is far superior to the quadradisc mix from 1973.
The 1998 Ferrante remix of Aloha is horrid. One of Ferrante's worst efforts. It is dull, lifeless, and muddy. He really couldn't have done much worse. Again, if you think about how stellar Vic's mixing has been with the 1969/1970 multi-track live tapes, just imagine what he could do with Aloha. As with MSG, Vic's current mastering is the final word for now.
Agree with this - Ferrante's track record is horrible [the 'Promised land' album remix cd is an exception - note: G.M in his review at the time [ETMAHM mag] failed to even recognize it had been remixed !]. I do agree however with the poster, that remixing properly and sympathetically from the original multi-track tapes would produce stunning and IMPROVED AUDIO results. When we are likely to see this happen is another matter altogether .

Since Ferrante's work was horrible, I want all future releases mixed and mastered by Lene Reidel since her track record is flawless.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KiwiAlan »

Elvis Sings the Ben Weisman Songbook :D

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete