Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Worst Elvis Presley Concert Ever (Special Rules)

Sat May 28, 2011 7:53 pm

midnightx wrote:
ECC83 wrote:Worst thread ever.

It certainly isn't as interesting as a thread asking members to vote for Elvis in a "best of" poll.

I think I may have to take my undies off the clothes line, I seem to have a stalker.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Oh, are you also a focus over at the Too Much Monkey Business forum?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:32 am

Omaha, Nebraska, June 19-th 1977

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:49 am

Although it's nice, I think in An American Trilogy from Memphis 20-3-74 it can be heard that Elvis' vocal isn't quite what it used to be in 1972. He's still a powerhouse, but less a perfectionist in his vocal execution. Was probably tired of the song also, by then.

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
tcb4 wrote:some concerts in the mid 71 are boring to death
and some concerts in 76 77 are interesting because his voice became more & more powerful in the last years ......

Well I wouldn't go that far.

Bellowing is not an idication of more power. His vocal control in 69-70 and beginning of 71 is just right. Lesser so in most of 71 and returns (although not QUITE as good) in 72. 73 was a weaker year, first half of 74 back to 1972 vocal form and then slowly less and less control as time went on.

Madison 24th June 77 is the worst Elvis show I have ever heard - and I have heard over 600.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:01 am

Nothing is worse than College Park and St Paul '77.
There are quite a few mediocre shows especially in 76/77, but the ones mentioned are shockingly bad.

In favor of Elvis, even the worst shows still had it's ok moments though..
But some shows were way below his capabilities..