U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Anniversary!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

JamesVRoy
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Post by JamesVRoy »

VEGAS74, these are really cool to see, especially for those of us that don't have the book but I think its a bit much to be scanning and posting the whole book like this. This is still an item in print he's trying to sell isn't it?

VEGAS74
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by VEGAS74 »

JamesVRoy wrote:VEGAS74, these are really cool to see, especially for those of us that don't have the book but I think its a bit much to be scanning and posting the whole book like this. This is still an item in print he's trying to sell isn't it?
...only scanned the Benefit related stuff for this topic...plenty more in the book ie Blue Hawaii + plus

davide
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by davide »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
davide wrote:As previously mentioned, the problem with the footage and the quote that you mention - is that the section of Elvis being interviewed by Tom Moffatt and wearing the yachting cap is actually from 1962 when Elvis arrived in Hawaii for the production of 'Girls! Girls! Girls!', and not from June 25, 1961.
Of course, you are correct. Elvis donned a cowboy hat along with the leis on March 25, 1961. Moffatt was also there, not sure what hat he wore, though.

Elvis seen with a cowboy hat. This image is often captioned as being March 25, 1961, including 'Elvis In Hawaii' by Jerry Hopkins - which isn't the case.

Davide

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

A few more in the Tunzi book "Elvis in Gold"

only three in the book James...is that ok mate?
Last edited by VEGAS74 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

JamesVRoy wrote:VEGAS74, these are really cool to see, especially for those of us that don't have the book but I think its a bit much to be scanning and posting the whole book like this. This is still an item in print he's trying to sell isn't it?
...nope his/this sold out long ago
http://www.jatpublishing.com/New%20Releases.html

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

VEGAS74 wrote:A few more in the Tunzi book "Elvis in Gold"

only three in the book James...is that ok mate?
I'm not the watch dog and its not my site, but made the observation when I thought the book was in print and when it might be up in its entirety. Like I said, I'm enjoying the pix and I just hate to see the thread disappear because of a violation.

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

davide wrote: Image
Elvis seen with a cowboy hat. This image is often captioned as being March 25, 1961, including 'Elvis In Hawaii' by Jerry Hopkins - which isn't the case.

Davide
Was it you I had that discussion with awhile back Davide. Right, this isn't from the March 25th arrival, nor is the one in the pages posted by Vegas74. The tie is wrong also in both, and the handkerchielf in breast pocket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

VEGAS74 wrote:...only scanned the Benefit related stuff for this topic...plenty more in the book ie Blue Hawaii + plus
The scans are cool, and let anyone who missed out on the book have an idea if they want to snag an out-of-print copy from eBay.

That said, on "That's All Right" Elvis plays his acoustic, so the captioning of the concert photos in the book is not quite accurate.

We have to make sure Ernst sees this topic -- perhaps it will inspire him to reissue Hawaii '61 on FTD.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

davide

Post by davide »

JamesVRoy wrote:

Davide
Was it you I had that discussion with awhile back Davide. Right, this isn't from the March 25th arrival, nor is the one in the pages posted by Vegas74. The tie is wrong also in both, and the handkerchielf in breast pocket

Not sure about previous discussion - yes the other image, is also, not from the March 25 arrival. I tend to agree with you about the inclusion of the complete scans of the J.A.T. book.

Davide

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

davide wrote: Not sure about previous discussion - yes the other image, is also, not from the March 25 arrival. I tend to agree with you about the inclusion of the complete scans of the J.A.T. book.

Davide
I see what you mean now about the Colonel in the picture in front of the stage. To be honest, if I saw that picture itself cropped and out of context I'd wonder if it was the Colonel. He almost looks too healthy.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Since the book is out of print, we are OK.

That said, I can't help but notice that a great many of the images and newspaper clippings that JAT included were first seen in the 1978 deluxe, 16 page bootleg LP booklet.

Elvis' 1961 Hawaii Benefit Concert (Golden Archives GA 300, 1978)

Anyway, neat topic. The input has been fabulous!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

davide wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:

Davide

Not sure about previous discussion - yes the other image, is also, not from the March 25 arrival. I tend to agree with you about the inclusion of the complete scans of the J.A.T. book.

Davide
ok I took em off...got to say though Davide you do your fair share of pics on your topics mate....but they are good,
sorry Doc but...just wanted to join in is all?

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

VEGAS74 wrote:ok I took em off...
Darn it.

Since, as has been noted several times over, the book is long sold out, is it OK with everyone if VEGAS74 puts back up maybe just one shot in each of those spots?

Maybe some of the concert shots that are "new"?

That would be cool.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:ok I took em off...
Darn it.

Since, as has been noted several times over, the book is long sold out, is it OK with everyone if VEGAS74 puts back up maybe just one shot in each of those spots?

Maybe some of the concert shots that are "new"?

That would be cool.
err no...Im not playin now!...its my ball and Im takin it home!!
...but if James and Davide ask me nice with suger on (and a cherry) I might?
and if they are realy nice this time I might take some pics (no scans honest!)
of "some" inside covers of the bootleg album (that sold out many moons ago +safe)

davide

Post by davide »

VEGAS74 wrote:
davide wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:

Davide

Davide
ok I took em off...got to say though Davide you do your fair share of pics on your topics mate....but they are good,
I had have this on file for a long time to put together one of my photo projects, had all the images together and text typed out - but never got round to posting - It's a great subject and one I hope will come out on FTD in the near future.

I did scan some images myself from Ger Rijff book which was out of print, as they were not seen elsewhere - which I then typed over. This could be done maybe? Like you mentioned I have used plenty of images that have come from books for my topics, so I'm as guilty as charged. It would be great to see the bootleg image's if possible?

Davide

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

I already stated my misunderstanding regarding my opinion of the subject matter which I thought was resolved before they were removed.

Though this is unrelated and I've not seen Davide do anything of the scope of entirety I thought that book to be, I might add though in his defence at least in regard to Ger Rijff, Ger gave him the thumbs up and permission awhile back regarding his products.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

JamesVRoy wrote:I already stated my misunderstanding regarding my opinion of the subject matter which I thought was resolved before they were removed.

Though this is unrelated and I've not seen Davide do anything of the scope of entirety I thought that book to be, I might add though in his defence at least in regard to Ger Rijff, Ger gave him the thumbs up and permission awhile back regarding his products.
Thats cool James...and Im sure Mr Tunzi would give me an "almighty" pat on the back for the hundreds I spent on all his products since he started out.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

davide wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:
davide wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:

Davide

Davide
I had have this on file for a long time to put together one of my photo projects, had all the images together and text typed out - but never got round to posting - It's a great subject and one I hope will come out on FTD in the near future.

I did scan some images myself from Ger Rijff book which was out of print, as they were not seen elsewhere - which I then typed over. This could be done maybe? Like you mentioned I have used plenty of images that have come from books for my topics, so I'm as guilty as charged. It would be great to see the bootleg image's if possible?

Davide
ok mate...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

God, that is one of the top 10 Elvis LP bootlegs, period.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

ohh what the heck...took pics of them all

davide

Post by davide »

Thank you sir - great info!

Davide

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

drjohncarpenter wrote:God, that is one of the top 10 Elvis LP bootlegs, period.
More like top one or two.

monkboughtlunch
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by monkboughtlunch »

Doc any news on the recording itself? Who taped it? What type of media? Was it from a soundboard inline source -- or just a mic pointed at a loudspeaker? Were the 1978 bootleg and subsequent 1980 release on the EAP box both from the master source tape? If not, how many generations removed were they from the master? Who has the master tape now? Does Ernst plan to issue this? Is it on the near term product roadmap?