Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:22 am

midnightx wrote:It is a fawning, blindly-devoted, inaccurate, prejudiced piece of garbage.

Surprised there hasn't yet been a swarm of "bravos" about that piece.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 am

" Isn't that amazing,people overlooking good things about Elvis!!!!! "

Yes Ian, it is! But, when you see how hard it is for some beeing an Elvis fan, it's not so surprising after all!
If you look hard, you may find positive things about Elvis, his music and other trivia in here! 8)

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:39 am

Matthew wrote:
midnightx wrote:It is a fawning, blindly-devoted, inaccurate, prejudiced piece of garbage.

Surprised there hasn't yet been a swarm of "bravos" about that piece.

They are coming, bet on it.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:08 am

midnightx wrote:
ian wrote:This is a great review,but there was another one from the Amazon site by a music critic that was great too that I currently can't find! I really like Love coming Down and Never Again is,aw hell,I love everything that Elvis sings!!

It is a fawning, blindly-devoted, inaccurate, prejudiced piece of garbage.

All of those adjectives certainly fit this particular paragraph from the review:

Closing with a song made famous by the Drifters [sic] and catapulted to higher fame by Tom Jones; "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" could have been perceived as a bold step by Presley. To cut a long story short, Elvis version blows Tom Jones's out of the water.....Jones's schmaltzy, purring over the top version pales next to Elvis' lesson in ballad singing. Elvis sounds superb, emotional in the verses and towering during the chorus. This is another standout on the album, an indeed any stage of Elvis career.


Elvis' vocal on this master should have been left in the can, it may be the worst lead RCA issued in the 70s. Jarvis knew better, but he was desperate. If you're going to tackle someone else's signature song (Jones), you better have your chops.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
midnightx wrote:
ian wrote:This is a great review,but there was another one from the Amazon site by a music critic that was great too that I currently can't find! I really like Love coming Down and Never Again is,aw hell,I love everything that Elvis sings!!

It is a fawning, blindly-devoted, inaccurate, prejudiced piece of garbage.

All of those adjectives certainly fit this particular paragraph from the review:

Closing with a song made famous by the Drifters [sic] and catapulted to higher fame by Tom Jones; "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" could have been perceived as a bold step by Presley. To cut a long story short, Elvis version blows Tom Jones's out of the water.....Jones's schmaltzy, purring over the top version pales next to Elvis' lesson in ballad singing. Elvis sounds superb, emotional in the verses and towering during the chorus. This is another standout on the album, an indeed any stage of Elvis career.


Elvis' vocal on this master should have been left in the can, it may be the worst lead RCA issued in the 70s. Jarvis knew better, but he was desperate. If you're going to tackle someone else's signature song (Jones), you better have your chops.

Doc, that paragraph stood out to me as well. Baffling to say the least.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:"What Every Woman Without Love Lives For"


Haven't you heard: it is a new remix by Spankox. You have to keep up Doc!

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:44 am

"Rags To Riches."

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:49 am

midnightx wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
midnightx wrote:
ian wrote:This is a great review,but there was another one from the Amazon site by a music critic that was great too that I currently can't find! I really like Love coming Down and Never Again is,aw hell,I love everything that Elvis sings!!

It is a fawning, blindly-devoted, inaccurate, prejudiced piece of garbage.

All of those adjectives certainly fit this particular paragraph from the review:

Closing with a song made famous by the Drifters [sic] and catapulted to higher fame by Tom Jones; "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" could have been perceived as a bold step by Presley. To cut a long story short, Elvis version blows Tom Jones's out of the water.....Jones's schmaltzy, purring over the top version pales next to Elvis' lesson in ballad singing. Elvis sounds superb, emotional in the verses and towering during the chorus. This is another standout on the album, an indeed any stage of Elvis career.


Elvis' vocal on this master should have been left in the can, it may be the worst lead RCA issued in the 70s. Jarvis knew better, but he was desperate. If you're going to tackle someone else's signature song (Jones), you better have your chops.

Doc, that paragraph stood out to me as well. Baffling to say the least.


Elvis' version blows Tom Jones out of the water?? I beg to differ. It's Elvis who get blown out of the water on this song.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:56 am

JerryNodak wrote:Elvis' version blows Tom Jones out of the water?? I beg to differ. It's Elvis who get blown out of the water on this song.

He'd have made a better job of it in 69/70, along with 'Green, Green Grass of Home' IMO.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 am

I actually like Elvis' version of "Green, Green Grass Of Home. His voice gives the song a worn out and weary sound which works. Yes, Elvis' voice wasn't up to the vocal challenge of "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" in 76.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:59 am

JerryNodak wrote:I actually like Elvis' version of "Green, Green Grass Of Home. His voice gives the song a worn out and weary sound which works. Yes, Elvis' voice wasn't up to the vocal challenge of "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" in 76.



Agreed on both counts

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm

midnightx wrote:
ian wrote:This is a great review,but there was another one from the Amazon site by a music critic that was great too that I currently can't find! I really like Love coming Down and Never Again is,aw hell,I love everything that Elvis sings!!

It is a fawning, blindly-devoted, inaccurate, prejudiced piece of garbage.


8) It's too bad that he didn't consult an expert like yourself before he wrote this damning review! :lol: (lol) :lol: 8)

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:"What Every Woman Without Love Lives For"


Clothes shopping?

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

ian wrote: 8) It's too bad that he didn't consult an expert like yourself before he wrote this damning review! :lol: (lol) :lol: 8)

A check with reality would have helped the reviewer.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Matthew wrote:
ian wrote: 8) It's too bad that he didn't consult an expert like yourself before he wrote this damning review! :lol: (lol) :lol: 8)

A check with reality would have helped the reviewer.

Imagine the kind words that reviewer must have for Elvis' truly great work?

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 pm

midnightx wrote:Imagine the kind words that reviewer must have for Elvis' truly great work?

'Boring' and 'repetitive' probably. Those oldies truly suck!

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Matthew wrote:
midnightx wrote:Imagine the kind words that reviewer must have for Elvis' truly great work?

'Boring' and 'repetitive' probably. Those oldies truly suck!

And how about those, repetitive 1969 shows? They are all the same. If you have heard one, you have heard them all. A total waste of time.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:32 pm

bajo wrote:Not to me, but:
You Don’t Know Me (Movie version)
Old MacDonald
Yoga Is As Yoga Does
Who Needs Money
Dominic
I’ll Take Love
I Love Only One Girl
Queenie W….
There’s No Room To Rhumba
Mirage
Hey Jude (The Live segment)
Memories (Live)


Memories........? please explain.
Can't imagine that you put Memories and "Queenie Wa..what so ever" in the same line.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:03 am

Memories, the '69 live efforts. Not the truly classic '68 version! Oceans apart!

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:22 am

"Memories" is a sappy ballad. Ranks right up there with "My Boy".

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 am

Lonely Summer wrote:"Memories" is a sappy ballad. Ranks right up there with "My Boy".

Not even close.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Seems I am getting alot more out of EP than some here on FECC. Why? Because I can enjoy a wider (bigger) part of his work than they...

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Scarre wrote:Seems I am getting alot more out of EP than some here on FECC. Why? Because I can enjoy a wider (bigger) part of his work than they...

Most us enjoy all eras, including the mid-'60s soundtrack work and the '76 JR sessions. That doesn't mean, at the same time, one can't put all of Elvis' work into perspective and view it from a realistic, rationale point of view.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:02 am

I enjoy Elvis' soundtracks quite a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna show them to non-Elvis fans.

Re: Elvis Songs FECC'ers Love to Hate - THE ALBUM

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 am

Julian Grant wrote:Frankie & Johnny



Ironically, there's a gay porn flick available on DVD with that same title.