Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Oh Dear Lisa Revisited

Sun May 04, 2003 1:16 am

At the risk of being jumped on.

Lisa who has appeared on every TV interview known to mankind at an enormous cost to EPE/CAPITOL continues to prove that it does take more than money to overcome lack of talent.

She has dropped to 20 in sales - only selling 46,312 in the USA last week.

Who said that Americans lacked cultural discernment - some French cat no doubt.

Sun May 04, 2003 1:22 am

Boy, you're a ray of sunshine...

I have kept Lisa's CD player in my changer since I bought it. Unlike others, I actually have listened to the CD more than once...

Sun May 04, 2003 1:24 am

He's always like that Scotch, so what else is new?

Sun May 04, 2003 1:37 am

scotch wrote:I have kept Lisa's CD player in my changer since I bought it. Unlike others, I actually have listened to the CD more than once...

So what you mean that if we keep playing and playing, its going to be much better?. I played mine twice and I couldnt finish most of the songs. But what you want everybody to do, listen to it until they like it? That could happen if it is alerady your a fan of her. And you give her another chance or another approach. I tried but it didnt work. I dont know if she has talent or not but for sure she doesnt have a great voice but wait bob Dylan didnt either and some others but at leadt they lyrics had something, I dont get her lyrics.

But hey if you like it, it is great. But it seems that it was not an incredible success.

Sun May 04, 2003 2:00 am

Being a man who claims to know the difference between good vs mediocre female singers, I'm really looking to hearing this album.
I have heard the Lisa/Elvis duet. And to me, her voice is even better than her looks. Her skills are (anno 1997) somewhat unfinished, but the sound of her singing voice was not bad at all.
I have great expectations for her singing after five-six years of further improvement.
Hope I won't be disappointed :?

Sun May 04, 2003 6:44 am

Well,she sounds ok on record,but her live performances on Letterman and Leno I found to be embarrassing to be honest,vocally that is.she looks great though.

Sun May 04, 2003 6:57 am

truthfully i love the cd! it is very good. hell i didnt like nashville marathon at first...........so boring, now its one of my favorites. back to lisa, when she tours i'll be there!!

Sun May 04, 2003 8:30 am

I've listened to her cd twice now and it's not so great. In fact, I don't know that I will ever play it again. I bought it more out of curiosity, like most people, but I found it loud, vulgar, can't understand more than a few words per line and, most of all, very depressing. Why would anyone want to listen to something like that repeatedly?
I bought the cd, played it a couple times and now it goes into storage. Now on to some real music like Elvis or The Beatles.

jeff R

Sun May 04, 2003 11:09 am

Are you going to start a new topic on this every week Kiwi. I think we all know how the Cd is going. Nice to know you are such a success you can put others down. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Sun May 04, 2003 12:36 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:I've listened to her cd twice now and it's not so great. In fact, I don't know that I will ever play it again. I bought it more out of curiosity, like most people, but I found it loud, vulgar, can't understand more than a few words per line and, most of all, very depressing. Why would anyone want to listen to something like that repeatedly?
I bought the cd, played it a couple times and now it goes into storage. Now on to some real music like Elvis or The Beatles.

jeff R
So jeff, how do you like The Jungle Room Sessions?

I will readily admit I did not love the CD from the first "spin", but mainly because her style of music is a bit different thatn what I am used to. I took the time to get used to the album, and becauseI gave it a CHANCE and actually wanted to like it, I not only tolerate the CD, but it has become a favorite.

Yes, I am guilty of buying the CD to actually LISTEN to it, instead of adding it to my "collection".

Mon May 05, 2003 4:31 am

The sales trend on Lisa's CD was predictable, in my opinion. An initial spike of interest, followed by steady decline. I think the sales numbers have been impressive, but the shine is off the dime. What is interesting is that in Radio & Records, one of the songs "Going for Adds" in COUNTRY radio is Lisa's "Lights Out."

Mon May 05, 2003 5:11 pm

wiwialen is a long time Lisa hater/basher(why i don't know), and JeffreyJames doesn't even think Ann WIlson can sing,,,,,,so there opinions on Lisas talent mean nothing to me!!! I can't get this CD off my player! This IS the best cd of the year! Do you people always judge the succes of a CD by its sales numbers? Maybe you should try reading the lyric scheet is you can't understand what she is saying......maybe if she sings only through her nose like the Bee Gees and Beach Boys we can through around the word "genius" some more.....
JEFF d
EPFAN!

Mon May 05, 2003 5:19 pm

"wiwialen" CLASSIC!!

Tom

Mon May 05, 2003 5:26 pm

KHoots wrote: What is interesting is that in Radio & Records, one of the songs "Going for Adds" in COUNTRY radio is Lisa's "Lights Out."

I haven't managed to get the Album yet, so don't know a lot of the songs, but that song "Lights Out" is fantastic.

Tue May 06, 2003 12:52 am

Jeff D. I never once said Ann Wilson can't sing. Find my posting where I said that and I will buy every Heart cd there is. She has an okay voice but she screams off-key in nearly every song. That's what I said.
You have Lisa in your cd because you want an ever lasting woody.
Her cd is only "fair". To compare her or put her above talent like The Bee Gees OR The Beach Boys is totally stupid and idiotic. She will never have the talent of any member of any of those groups.
It's okay if you like her or her cd but don't make comparisons like that.

jeff R

Tue May 06, 2003 1:21 am

The person who started the threat is under the mistaken impression that high chart positions equal high quality. What a joke. Just because it has not sold millions and millions has nothing to do with how talented the person is. It is a very good album. You'll be hearing more from her.

Tue May 06, 2003 1:23 am

That should have said Thread.

Tue May 06, 2003 1:26 am

And her live performances were good. She has a better voice that a lot of the female singers out there. Just needs more confidence.

Tue May 06, 2003 9:48 am

[quote="JEFF d"] Do you people always judge the succes of a CD by its sales numbers?

It kinda helps to sell a few copies!

Tue May 06, 2003 5:02 pm

You must love Britney then if sales are the key to success in your eyes. What makes Lisas CD so great is that she is puoring her soul into her lyrics, the lyrics aren't just some pre-fab type of sound and message that is all we are spoon fed on TV and radio. If you want to try to understand Lisa a little more just read the lyrics. I think she has just as good a voice as anyone out there, OH did I forget to mention that she is really HOT! :oops:
JEFF d
EPFAN

Tue May 06, 2003 5:11 pm

How the hell am I supposed to find a thread Jeffrey when we aren't even on that same format board? You know what you said to me jeff R! :evil:
JEFF d
EPFAN!

Wed May 07, 2003 6:13 am

Why the heck are you so angry with me? You are the one that gets every quote from me wrong. Take it from me, I never said what you said I said.
The only reason you are so into Lisa Marie is because you have a childish fetish and the hots for her. Grow up!! Maybe then you will understand what real music is.
By the way, I never said I hated Lisa's cd. I thought I better add that here so you don't come back and quote that I said I hated it. I just said that it wasn't very good. Of course, that is my opinion. "Lights Off" and a few others are okay but none are going to set the world on fire. She will go the same route as Julian Lennon did. She will put out a few cds and then disappear.

jeff R

Wed May 07, 2003 7:12 am

Then I kook forward to those few Cds. Some musicians never even get that far. :cry:

:roll:

Wed May 07, 2003 10:24 am

Kiss didn't sell didly when they first came out. Eminem's first album was a bomb(infinite that is). Ever heard Aerosmiths first song? How about the Beatles in the beginning. My Happiness? I could name more, but you guys get my point. It takes time for some artists. You cannot predict what Lisa Marie will do. She may very well be a viable artist. Puting down the sales of a debut artist is pitiful. Hard wood grows slow. Who knows her next single just may take off. Maybe this album isn't the one that will break her, is it really worth guaging? It is Elvis daughter for god sake. People don't even really know about her yet. She has a image to get over, this is not a easy task. Whether she wants to be a serious singer remains to be seen. Though her promotion of herself makes me think that she is trying. With determination and talent (which I believe she has) should bring success.

P.S. Letterman was just fine in my opinion. She sounds very different and is at least not a carbon copy screaming no talent wailing singer of today. She is actually using her voice..not TRICKS!!

Wed May 07, 2003 10:32 am

Hey Jeffery, I have the hots for Lisa too. Call it a childish fetish. Does that mean I don't know what real music is either? I suppose you are the authority. lol