Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm

HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006


Quite right. Boot LPs are not good examples, even so-called rare ones. Real record collectors are not interested in them at all and only some Elvis fans are. I sold my whole bootleg collection on Ebay and probably didnt get half of what I paid for them.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006


We are talking about Elvis is collectable. I proved he is not.
I stated some records may be collectable but the majority isn't anymore.
Records going easily for $250 in the 1980's now hardly sell if you ofefr them for sale for $1.
That is not collectable!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006


We are talking about Elvis is collectable. I proved he is not.
I stated some records may be collectable but the majority isn't anymore.
Records going easily for $250 in the 1980's now hardly sell if you ofefr them for sale for $1.
That is not collectable!


It seems that we keep disagreeing :?. We better stop arguing as readers are getting bored :wink:. You say that Elvis si not collectable and I say he is. End of the story!. Take care. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75600&view=unread#unread

Elvis collectable? You must be kidding!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75600&view=unread#unread

Elvis collectable? You must be kidding!


I´m aware of it my friend :wink:. Again, Elvis is still collectable you like it or not, look at this 8):

Image
Sold for $339.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-E ... true&rt=nc

Image

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 pm

As some of you will know, I work for a collectibles company and provide a news service on collecting of all kinds. I can assure you that Elvis is very much collectible and is, in fact, one of the few musicians you can rely on to always conjure a decent sum if the item is strong enough. However, you really do have to buy the best you can afford in order to make a full profit for your items - the higher the price you paid, the bigger the profit margin when you sell.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:09 pm

paulfrasercollect wrote:As some of you will know, I work for a collectibles company and provide a news service on collecting of all kinds. I can assure you that Elvis is very much collectible and is, in fact, one of the few musicians you can rely on to always conjure a decent sum if the item is strong enough. However, you really do have to buy the best you can afford in order to make a full profit for your items - the higher the price you paid, the bigger the profit margin when you sell.


Yes it really depends on the item. A mint condition 50's piece will always sell , sometimes maybe not as much as it used to, but it will sell. I am surprised at the price this 50's Christmas album got quite frankly. I have a stone mint one, not a defect at all on it, perfect in every aspect, and I wouldn't think it would get this much anymore. I am happy to know that it will.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:46 pm

r&b wrote:
paulfrasercollect wrote:As some of you will know, I work for a collectibles company and provide a news service on collecting of all kinds. I can assure you that Elvis is very much collectible and is, in fact, one of the few musicians you can rely on to always conjure a decent sum if the item is strong enough. However, you really do have to buy the best you can afford in order to make a full profit for your items - the higher the price you paid, the bigger the profit margin when you sell.


Yes it really depends on the item. A mint condition 50's piece will always sell , sometimes maybe not as much as it used to, but it will sell. I am surprised at the price this 50's Christmas album got quite frankly. I have a stone mint one, not a defect at all on it, perfect in every aspect, and I wouldn't think it would get this much anymore. I am happy to know that it will.


Agree the 50's items been staying consistent selling especially in mint condition. Good example mentioning the original Christmas album dropping in price. I would have thought it would have stayed as one of the higher-priced items.

But I think for 60's and 70's (during his lifetime) items, it seems like albums having song title/photo inside stickers plus including the bonus photos are staying consistent selling than the others. Overall, I've seen a drop in both prices and demand.

Prices have dropped for both economic concerns and demand reasons. But probably more economic concerns than demand.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:50 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75600&view=unread#unread

Elvis collectable? You must be kidding!


I´m aware of it my friend :wink:. Again, Elvis is still collectable you like it or not, look at this 8):

Image
Sold for $339.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-E ... true&rt=nc

Image


Based upon your logic, Perry Como is very collectable. Saw one, yes only one, single of his selling for hundreds of dollars.
However, the remainder of his catalogue goes for peanuts.
So does Elvis!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 pm

death and taxes


Commish Gordon : "There are 2 thing you can count on in life , O'Hara !"

O'Hara : "Death and taxes , sir ?"

Gordon : "No......Batman and Robin !"

8)

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:19 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another cool Elvis record 8) just sold for peanuts..... smt174. Bye for now :smt006.


Image
$448.00

Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Christmas ... true&rt=nc

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 am

I use to watch ebay, always searching for that vinyl I don't have or for a better copy. The reasons for the drop in prices (for me) are:

1 - Internet consolidation. Though not a new "thing" by any means (more or less everybody's been surfing on the net for more than 10 years now), internet ended that situation when you depended on local shops and fairs. I remember a totally wasted is back (read G-) selling for 300 euros back in 1996. But my point is not that now that internet is a common feature since quite a few years ago, almost all the Elvis vinyl surfers have more or less completed their collections. It's not uncommon to do so in a time span of 10 years.

2 - Crisis. Let's face it, I have little jewels on my vinyl collection, but if I had to cut music expenses, I would prefer to shell out 18 euros for the next from elvis in memphis FTD than twice that for an original vinyl. But many people now don't even have the choice. They simply have to eat.

3 - And now comes a very important point. POST CHARGES. Some years ago (and I'm not saying 1965 but 2007), I usually had to pay around 7 dollar in shipping costs from USA to Spain. Now more and more seller only ship to USA, and the ones shipping overseas charge anything from 15 to 30 dollars

4 - Changes in ebay. The titles I look for (and I'm talking about let's say Spinout) are rarer to find on auctions, but there are tons on Buy It Now (direct sell-non auction) at unrealistic prices. The drop in prices makes some sellers "escape" from auctions, for they risk to sell jewels at laugh prices (yesterday I won an original gold records 2 in VG++ condition for $20 and the 1970 gold award hits rigid vinyl VG++ for $7 (yes, seven dollars).

5 - Customers change in behavior . As it's buyers time (and it's a rough time for sellers), customers seem only interested in pristine copies at low prices (and by that I mean 20% of book values). Sellers who respond to that do sell. I saw a sealed Spinout LP going down from $59,99 (buy it now) every month. It sold for $9,99 last week.

6 - Collectors simply don't sell. I have a spare living stereo VG+ copy of It happened at the world's fair, a monaural Is back first edition that sounds like new, a singer presents elvis singing flaming star (SINGER edition), a clambake with picture and sticker, etc. If I put them on sale I won't get a %10 from what they were worth some 10 years ago. So why sell them? I keep them on the shelve.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Elvis not longer collectable?, c´mon that is an April 1st joke! :wink:. Here you are....... 8). Bye for now :smt006.


Image
$355.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-F ... true&rt=nc

Image
$263.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-A ... true&rt=nc

Image
$224.50
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-L ... true&rt=nc

Image
$152.50
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-V ... true&rt=nc

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I have been monitoring lately several Elvis records sold on ebay :wink:. I don´t know if recession is warping up, but it looks like that many Elvis collectors don´t mind spending lots of money on this real collectable items :smt005.

This sums up that Elvis is still collectable and for many years to come 8). Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
$1,676.03
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1968-M ... true&rt=nc

Image
$1,225.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-4 ... true&rt=nc

Image
$1,032.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-4 ... true&rt=nc

Image
$325.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Harum-Sca ... true&rt=nc

Image
$565.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Kissin-Co ... true&rt=nc

Image
$577.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-R ... true&rt=nc

Image
$1,525.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-R ... true&rt=nc

Image
$710.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/International-H ... true&rt=nc

Image
$611.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-M ... true&rt=nc

Image
$665.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-E ... true&rt=nc

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Did you also monitor the singles that sold for € 0,99? Or the ones offered with a minimumbid of € 0,99 but got no bid at all?!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi there :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Did you also monitor the singles that sold for € 0,99? Or the ones offered with a minimumbid of € 0,99 but got no bid at all?!


No I didn't, because what was sold for $0.99 was trash!. :smt005.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:24 pm

As long as so called fans are earning big money on Elvis,for whatever reason, Elvis is still collectable.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another recent auctions on ebay :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
$660.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-4 ... true&rt=nc

Image
$390.65
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-S ... true&rt=nc

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I sold the USPS special CD box that included a sheet of Elvis postage stamps on Ebay, I could not even get FACE VALUE for the stamps!! There are a handful of records that will bring the money like LPM3921 or LPM3989, but in general prices for Elvis records peaked way back In the 80s or early 90s. And when my generation dies, so shall the value of many things that are considered collectable today.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Mike,

Thanks for sharing the prices for some of the rare Elvis vinyl and how he is is still selling well. I try to sell items on ebay from time to time and have found that sadly some Elvis items just don't sell as well as they would have in years past. Much of the Concert memorabilia does not sell at the value they used to and even with some vinyl.

I share with you these two promo 45s which did not sell.

For example All Shook Up/That's When Your Heartache Begins Promo 45
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221237927008?ss ... 1560.l2649

We Call On Him/You'll Never Walk Alone Promo 45
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321139961261?ss ... 1560.l2649

Even some of these picture sleeves with 45 did not sell as you can see:
Wooden Heart/Puppet on A String
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221233138940?ss ... 1560.l2649

Here are some other items that did sell but I must say I don't think sold at the value they could have:

Gold Standard That's All Right/Blue Moon of Kentucky with sleeve
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321133690456?ss ... 1559.l2649
Gold Standard Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel with sleeve
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321133677639?ss ... 1559.l2649

I had a number of sealed FTDs which would not even sell for $19.99 each. I do think that the economy is part of the problem, but I do think that Elvis is not as big of a collectible as what he used to be. Still I agree with you that the ones who know the really rare stuff will fight for it as you shared but some stuff does not seem to sell anymore. I had actually taken a few of my Elvis 45s with picture sleeves to a record store dealer who refused to buy any of them because he said to me flat out that Elvis doesn't sell anymore.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi there :D :D :D.

DJL wrote:Mike,

Thanks for sharing the prices for some of the rare Elvis vinyl and how he is is still selling well. I try to sell items on ebay from time to time and have found that sadly some Elvis items just don't sell as well as they would have in years past. Much of the Concert memorabilia does not sell at the value they used to and even with some vinyl.

I share with you these two promo 45s which did not sell.

For example All Shook Up/That's When Your Heartache Begins Promo 45
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221237927008?ss ... 1560.l2649

We Call On Him/You'll Never Walk Alone Promo 45
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321139961261?ss ... 1560.l2649

Even some of these picture sleeves with 45 did not sell as you can see:
Wooden Heart/Puppet on A String
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221233138940?ss ... 1560.l2649

Here are some other items that did sell but I must say I don't think sold at the value they could have:

Gold Standard That's All Right/Blue Moon of Kentucky with sleeve
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321133690456?ss ... 1559.l2649
Gold Standard Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel with sleeve
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321133677639?ss ... 1559.l2649

I had a number of sealed FTDs which would not even sell for $19.99 each. I do think that the economy is part of the problem, but I do think that Elvis is not as big of a collectible as what he used to be. Still I agree with you that the ones who know the really rare stuff will fight for it as you shared but some stuff does not seem to sell anymore. I had actually taken a few of my Elvis 45s with picture sleeves to a record store dealer who refused to buy any of them because he said to me flat out that Elvis doesn't sell anymore.


Thank you for sharing your experiences on selling but to be fair the ones that you posted were not in the best condition :wink:. Real Elvis collectors know their stuff and will pay top prices on cool items 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:02 pm

I have tried to sale a mint 1974 Tahoe menu on this very forum for only 60$ ( 45€ ) including shipping and I haven't received a single offer so far :cry:
Sad to see that such item can't be sold at such a low price

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences on selling but to be fair the ones that you posted were not in the best condition . Real Elvis collectors know their stuff and will pay top prices on cool items . Bye for now


Hey Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely agree with you. Some of the 45s sleeve were not mint condition by any means. I guess the ones I was surprised that would not sell were the promo 45s. My understanding was that they were valued much more than my asking price. What do you think?