Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another beautiful sample of high collectible Elvis memorabilia 8). OMG! :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-F ... true&rt=nc

$549.00

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 am

When is an artist collectable? When occasional items go for good prices? When all items by this artist sell like hot cakes?
IMO if most items do not sell, even for low prices, the artist is not collectable.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another auction just finished on ebay. Talking about recession :roll:. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-T ... 7675.l2557

Image
$1,763.00

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:48 pm

That one item sells for a good price does not mean that the artist is collectable. Saw loads of LP's today for 50 cents at the junkyard sale.
Have a look at Elvis items on eBay. Most items do not even get a bid!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:That one item sells for a good price does not mean that the artist is collectable. Saw loads of LP's today for 50 cents at the junkyard sale.
Have a look at Elvis items on eBay. Most items do not even get a bid!


Originals in Mint condition 50 cents?. I´m sorry, can´t believe it :sosorry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:02 pm

LP's that would sell for Dutch Guilders 250,00 easily 10-15 years ago, now fetch...... euro 1,00 if you're lucky!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:LP's that would sell for Dutch Guilders 250,00 easily 10-15 years ago, now fetch...... euro 1,00 if you're lucky!


So if I transfer you €100,00 to your bank account you will send me the Complete USA Elvis vinyl collection in Mint condition? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:13 pm

That first tour program, Mr. Rhythym is one of the holy grails n Elvis collecting. it will always sell for good money, although I used to see it go for between 700-800 about 10 years ago. 549.00 is good deal. The Elvis Top Hits Vol ii is some rare foreign record(Italy?). In all my years collecting I have never seen it, so no surprise it sold big. As I have said, the real rare stuff will always sell. Its the regular RCA & newer stuff that basically has lost 50% of its value since the 90's.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:00 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:LP's that would sell for Dutch Guilders 250,00 easily 10-15 years ago, now fetch...... euro 1,00 if you're lucky!


So if I transfer you €100,00 to your bank account you will send me the Complete USA Elvis vinyl collection in Mint condition? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.


If you look at fleamarkets or junkyard sales or recycle shops, you will find originals quite cheap, like people here have mentioned.
I have the original LP's but I am not selling them.
But I know people who do sell and they all complain prices, even for items that 15-20 years ago were considered high priced collector's items, are real low these days.
Mono '50's LP's went for 150 to 200 guilders easily but these days they are very hard to sell. And that's a fact whether you ridicule it or not.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:LP's that would sell for Dutch Guilders 250,00 easily 10-15 years ago, now fetch...... euro 1,00 if you're lucky!


So if I transfer you €100,00 to your bank account you will send me the Complete USA Elvis vinyl collection in Mint condition? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.


If you look at fleamarkets or junkyard sales or recycle shops, you will find originals quite cheap, like people here have mentioned.
I have the original LP's but I am not selling them.
But I know people who do sell and they all complain prices, even for items that 15-20 years ago were considered high priced collector's items, are real low these days.
Mono '50's LP's went for 150 to 200 guilders easily but these days they are very hard to sell. And that's a fact whether you ridicule it or not.


None of the original 50's or 60's Elvis USA pressing in Mint condition will sell for peanuts and that's a fact :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:LP's that would sell for Dutch Guilders 250,00 easily 10-15 years ago, now fetch...... euro 1,00 if you're lucky!


So if I transfer you €100,00 to your bank account you will send me the Complete USA Elvis vinyl collection in Mint condition? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.


If you look at fleamarkets or junkyard sales or recycle shops, you will find originals quite cheap, like people here have mentioned.
I have the original LP's but I am not selling them.
But I know people who do sell and they all complain prices, even for items that 15-20 years ago were considered high priced collector's items, are real low these days.
Mono '50's LP's went for 150 to 200 guilders easily but these days they are very hard to sell. And that's a fact whether you ridicule it or not.


None of the original 50's or 60's Elvis USA pressing in Mint condition will sell for peanuts and that's a fact :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.


I had a mint Big Hunk O' Love 45 & sleeve (USA pressing) I listed on Ebay. It didnt sell the first time. Finally had to settle for 8.00 and that my friend is a fact.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

r&b wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:LP's that would sell for Dutch Guilders 250,00 easily 10-15 years ago, now fetch...... euro 1,00 if you're lucky!


So if I transfer you €100,00 to your bank account you will send me the Complete USA Elvis vinyl collection in Mint condition? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.


If you look at fleamarkets or junkyard sales or recycle shops, you will find originals quite cheap, like people here have mentioned.
I have the original LP's but I am not selling them.
But I know people who do sell and they all complain prices, even for items that 15-20 years ago were considered high priced collector's items, are real low these days.
Mono '50's LP's went for 150 to 200 guilders easily but these days they are very hard to sell. And that's a fact whether you ridicule it or not.


None of the original 50's or 60's Elvis USA pressing in Mint condition will sell for peanuts and that's a fact :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.


I had a mint Big Hunk O' Love 45 & sleeve (USA pressing) I listed on Ebay. It didnt sell the first time. Finally had to settle for 8.00 and that my friend is a fact.


My friend :wink:, next time you have anything in Stone Mint condition "sleeve & vinyl either on 45 or 33 rpm" please let me know before you sell it for peanuts :shock:. I still have to upgrade several 50´s and 60´s sleeves. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm

If it is collectable, why only offer it to one collector? It should fetch high prices on eBay if it is collectable, but the majority of Elvis' releases are not collectable any more.
Just check eBay and see how few bids Elvis items get, if they get bids at all.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

r&b wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:LP's that would sell for Dutch Guilders 250,00 easily 10-15 years ago, now fetch...... euro 1,00 if you're lucky!


So if I transfer you €100,00 to your bank account you will send me the Complete USA Elvis vinyl collection in Mint condition? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.


If you look at fleamarkets or junkyard sales or recycle shops, you will find originals quite cheap, like people here have mentioned.
I have the original LP's but I am not selling them.
But I know people who do sell and they all complain prices, even for items that 15-20 years ago were considered high priced collector's items, are real low these days.
Mono '50's LP's went for 150 to 200 guilders easily but these days they are very hard to sell. And that's a fact whether you ridicule it or not.


None of the original 50's or 60's Elvis USA pressing in Mint condition will sell for peanuts and that's a fact :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.


I had a mint Big Hunk O' Love 45 & sleeve (USA pressing) I listed on Ebay. It didnt sell the first time. Finally had to settle for 8.00 and that my friend is a fact.


My friend :wink:, next time you have anything in Stone Mint condition "sleeve & vinyl either on 45 or 33 rpm" please let me know before you sell it for peanuts :shock:. I still have to upgrade several 50´s and 60´s sleeves. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.


I will for sure. Right now I have nothing but after death releases. I may have some RCA promos. I have to look.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Next time you see this one in flea market for few dollars, buy it and send me a PM. I'll double your money:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221196015112?ss ... 1426.l2649

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:Next time you see this one in flea market for few dollars, buy it and send me a PM. I'll double your money:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221196015112?ss ... 1426.l2649


Thank you my friend :wink:. At least somebody with common sense, that's a good one :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:Next time you see this one in flea market for few dollars, buy it and send me a PM. I'll double your money:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221196015112?ss ... 1426.l2649


Thank you my friend :wink:. At least somebody with common sense, that's a good one :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.


I have never come across one of these ever. Very very rare. I have seen Gold Records Vol 4 several times in MONO but never this one.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 am

Once again, singling out one special release going for a good price does not mean this artist is collectable when the majority of his releases sell for peanuts....or not at all!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

In dealing with Elvis on Ebay for so many years (and before that reord fairs) here are the items that will always get good prices, although some are down from years ago. USA records listed only - I never dealt in foreign

Any SUN single
SPD-22
SPD-23
Cartoon sleeve for I Want You I Need You I Love You
Dogless RCA record labels
Maroon RCA EPs (these have gone down considerably)
Christmas With Elvis EP
MONO versions of Gold Vol 4 & Speedway
Still sealed original LPs with sticker & bonus photo

These are the ones that immediately come to mind. Of course some other EPs can get good money if in MINT condition, but again not as much as years ago
Then there are those that collect rare promo pressings, EPE 1956 items, etc. On any given day, you will find someone buying this stuff, but the price varies and some sellers still think they are worth a fortune. Ive seen 1956 items stall on ebay because the seller refuses to budge from ridiculous starting bid.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm

HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006


Quite right. Boot LPs are not good examples, even so-called rare ones. Real record collectors are not interested in them at all and only some Elvis fans are. I sold my whole bootleg collection on Ebay and probably didnt get half of what I paid for them.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006


We are talking about Elvis is collectable. I proved he is not.
I stated some records may be collectable but the majority isn't anymore.
Records going easily for $250 in the 1980's now hardly sell if you ofefr them for sale for $1.
That is not collectable!

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:HI there!! :D :D :D.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Look at the low price for this rare LP

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-RA ... 5d3af0f6f0

Elvis collectable my *ss

I looked for this title because i have a copy to sell but I guess it's not worth the effort of scanning, putting it on eBay and if sold stand in line at the postoffice for 30 minutes just to get at the most some euro 15,00 minus all commission for eBay and Paypal........


That´s not a good example :shock:, We were talking about original 50´s/60´s USA records and original Elvis memorabilia 8). Bye for now. :smt006


We are talking about Elvis is collectable. I proved he is not.
I stated some records may be collectable but the majority isn't anymore.
Records going easily for $250 in the 1980's now hardly sell if you ofefr them for sale for $1.
That is not collectable!


It seems that we keep disagreeing :?. We better stop arguing as readers are getting bored :wink:. You say that Elvis si not collectable and I say he is. End of the story!. Take care. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Elvis is no longer collectable?. You must be kidding!.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75600&view=unread#unread

Elvis collectable? You must be kidding!