The Making Of 'Elvis On Tour' MGM 1972

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

N880EP

Re: The Making Of 'Elvis On Tour' MGM 1972

Post by N880EP »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
davide wrote:The handwritten notes were made by a member of the Cinema Associates film crew, and could have well been made by Sylvia Alexander, as she mentions making timing notes during the live performances.
The notes are not like anything Elvis would have ever done.
Thanks for the replies and comments, gentlemen, but the writing still looks to be EP's (to my eyes).

N8
... just a fan ....

memphis1935
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by memphis1935 »

Think i've died and gone to Heaven.....awesome work Davide! ::rocks

Topic author
davide
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by davide »

Davide

elvislennon
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by elvislennon »

OnTourCam wrote:Great Topic

why can't anyone come out and say where this footage is now ?

Who owns the rights ? do EPE Lisa Marie Pricilla even give a crap about this golden footage ?

or do they want to sell another 500 Elvis ash trays at the Graceland shop across the road it gets me very upset knowing all this great footage of our man is going to waste when the footage should be used in tv speacials new doco's and dvd releases :evil:
Elvis That's The Way It Is and Elvis On Tour are owned by MGM. 68 Comeback, Aloha and Elvis In Concert are owned by EPE. EPE has no more say so over the footage of TTWII and EOT than you or me do. They can't go up to MGM and say release this movie and its release.

The footage is among with several million reels in the Kansas Salt Mine. MGM even lets 20th Century Fox, Warner, Paramount store movie in that place to protect them. From what is told about the TTWI Special Edition when it was made that some footage has gotten Vinegar Syndrome. Vinegar Syndrome is the decay process of the film. It has the smell of vinegar. When a film gets this it can't be reversed ot stopped. But it can be slowed down. When film is not stored right, if the film is in color, the film can fade out, turn red, and many other things. Santa Claus Back In Town from TTWII SE is an example of the film beginning to turn red. It begins to turn a pinkish type color.

Elvis4ever
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Elvis4ever »

Thanks alot Davide for another informative thread ::rocks

Lennart
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Lennart »

Thanks Davide, another fabulous post!

Lennart