Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: My old VHS Elvis in Concert video freeze frames

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:48 pm

In a time where no label was able to release new soundboard material they came up with 2, and in fact 3 new soundboards.
Including a special one featuring Jerome Monroe on drums.

Also, brand new 8mm material and although it presented our man in a sorry state, some of this material was a collectors dream come true as we know we won't see any new material in the future.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I realize that, but the Jerome Monroe show was one of his worst shows ever.

I think the only real chance for an upgrade on the tv special is if EPE decides to release it.

If they do, the Ernst should do the same on FTD.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:11 pm

ekenee wrote:I realize that, but the Jerome Monroe show was one of his worst shows ever.

I think the only real chance for an upgrade on the tv special is if EPE decides to release it.

As far as I'm concerned FTD should release the June concerts anyway.. I don't expect EPE to release the '77 CBS stuff.
The audio is supposed to be in bad shape so I wonder if they can make something out of it.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Robert wrote:
ekenee wrote:I realize that, but the Jerome Monroe show was one of his worst shows ever.

As far as I'm concerned FTD should release the June concerts anyway.. I don't expect EPE to release the '77 CBS stuff.
The audio is supposed to be in bad shape so I wonder if they can make something out of it.

I think they can. Because the CBS audio has to be different to the RCA audio. They are in fact different sources.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:04 pm

ekenee wrote:
Robert wrote:

I think they can. Because the CBS audio has to be different to the RCA audio. They are in fact different sources.

I know but I heard the track separation was bad and that's why quite some overdub efforts were needed before releasing this on the EIC album.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 am

Well, I am hoping that over 30 years of audio technology advancements will enable them to repair these poorly recorded concerts.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 am

ekenee wrote:Well, I am hoping that over 30 years of audio technology advancements will enable them to repair these poorly recorded concerts.

If boxcar was able to bring Elvis voice upfront on a hopeless orlando tape, the EIC audio fix should be easy indeed.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:04 am

Robert wrote:
ekenee wrote:Well, I am hoping that over 30 years of audio technology advancements will enable them to repair these poorly recorded concerts.

If boxcar was able to bring Elvis voice upfront on a hopeless orlando tape, the EIC audio fix should be easy indeed.

Exactly, they did a great job with the Orlando tape.

I was thinking of that one earlier but I couldn't remember the city.

And that was only a soundbaord.

Think about what they can do with a 24 multi-track tape.