Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Elvis and red west telephone conversation,october 1976."

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi folks

Im sure you've all heard this before, a phone conversation between Elvis and Red West:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXnCvlX ... re=related

You cant relly hear it too well on this YouTube recording, anyone know a better source?

Regards

Re: "Elvis and red west telephone conversation,october 1976.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 pm

The first time I heard this, I got the impression it was taped from a speaker. The coughing and the dog barking that is heard at various points were the indicators, along with the terrible audio quality.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Buy this book and read the full transcript:

http://www.jerryosborne.com/wfw.htm

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Glad this topic came up again.

Has anyone yet to find the complete tape recording, just as
the transscript reads?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Billy Budd wrote:Buy this book and read the full transcript:

ordered the book, looks an interesting book! Thanks

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm

trouble_jw wrote:
Billy Budd wrote:Buy this book and read the full transcript:

ordered the book, looks an interesting book! Thanks

It a good book. Every word Elvis said in public (well almost) is here in this book - word for word.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Here's the full transcript:
http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php ... #post35925

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:22 am

that conversation gives me the chills. What a sad and lonely man Elvis was.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:38 am

It is a very disturbing conversation to say the least.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 pm

midnightx wrote:It is a very disturbing conversation to say the least.

Got the 'Word by word' book today so will check it out!

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 pm

It's been a month since this topic came up and is there still no one that has compared the transcripts to
the tape? The transcripts and my tape do not match.
Do they match to anyone's tape.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 pm

ekenee wrote:It's been a month since this topic came up and is there still no one that has compared the transcripts to
the tape? The transcripts and my tape do not match.
Do they match to anyone's tape.

Really.....thats interesting!

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 pm

This out of it all grabbed my attention the most, and is quiet sad to read.

Red West: but um, I don?t want to get real upset yunno, it?s been so long since I talked to you. I don?t want to get real serious on the conversation. But, we were all worried about you, I?ve always been worried about you. About taking quite a few things, I thought.

Elvis: you worried about me so much until you turned around and tried to hurt me. But see, I know what that is.

Red West: well, that?s after you hurt me. You already hurt me and my family very bad. Yunno, you left us out in the cold. So lets don?t talk about me trying to hurt you.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:09 am

I have the tape and to tell you the truth it doesnt make Elvis out to be a very good person but hey im not critizin Elvis here but if you can get hold of this please listen to it, its very interestin and you can tell Elvis is in a bad way which is very sad when i heard it.

Chris

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:05 am

Well... my superhero was human too...

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:13 am

The conversation reveals just how frustrating it was to talk to Elvis during those years. No one was going to penetrate that wall he put up...

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:20 am

IMETJB wrote:The conversation reveals just how frustrating it was to talk to Elvis during those years. No one was going to penetrate that wall he put up...

Noticed that when I was reading it, he found a way to avoid answering the main stuff when Red brought it up. sad indeed.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Let me say once again in Elvis's defence, that if it came to a choice between having Red West as a friend and Elvis then obviously you wouldn't want to pick Red. Compile a list of the good works of each man. Compare their life experiences and pressures. The attitudes of some contrubutors to this board continue to amaze and appal.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:07 pm

By 1976 Elvis was nothing but a junkie. A rich one with a whole bunch of people taking care of each and everything, but still nothing but a junkie. Just listen closely and you know what I mean. It's just sad, that such a great man fell so deep.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:31 pm

"Nothing but a junkie" - how can such a comment ever be justified? In my opinion this board does Elvis a great injustice on many many occasions, and probably considerable damage. I'd like to see some other good-hearted and informed people come to his aid at this point, unless we want outsiders and visitors to think that the above comment is valid and an appropriate summary.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:52 pm

chris j wrote:"Nothing but a junkie" - how can such a comment ever be justified? In my opinion this board does Elvis a great injustice on many many occasions, and probably considerable damage. I'd like to see some other good-hearted and informed people come to his aid at this point, unless we want outsiders and visitors to think that the above comment is valid and an appropriate summary.

Amen to that! Very well said Chris!

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:04 pm

chris j wrote:"Nothing but a junkie" - how can such a comment ever be justified? In my opinion this board does Elvis a great injustice on many many occasions, and probably considerable damage. I'd like to see some other good-hearted and informed people come to his aid at this point, unless we want outsiders and visitors to think that the above comment is valid and an appropriate summary.

Agreed. I've always tried to figure out just why some come to complain about him and put him him down on these sites. If I don't like something or someone, I just don't have anything to do with either.I'm sure others will disagree; but there is a difference in "drugs" and taking prescribed medications. Many patients today still get addicted to prescribed medicines and have to work their way off of them. Is that some "weakness" of theirs or a pre-disposition to the medicines given? I think science and medicine is still trying to figure that out.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:40 pm

The Welz wrote:By 1976 Elvis was nothing but a junkie. A rich one with a whole bunch of people taking care of each and everything, but still nothing but a junkie. Just listen closely and you know what I mean. It's just sad, that such a great man fell so deep.

So, going by that statement, one could conclude that you are "nothing but an ass".

Just read closely and you know what I mean.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:17 pm

shawn wrote:

Agreed. I've always tried to figure out just why some come to complain about him and put him him down on these sites. If I don't like something or someone, I just don't have anything to do with either.I'm sure others will disagree; but there is a difference in "drugs" and taking prescribed medications. Many patients today still get addicted to prescribed medicines and have to work their way off of them. Is that some "weakness" of theirs or a pre-disposition to the medicines given? I think science and medicine is still trying to figure that out.

There is no difference in abusing "street" drugs and "prescription" drugs. There is no difference in how one goes to great lengths to do so and how one unravels their life to do so (for example, the stories of manipulation and Elvis being consumed with keeping his flow of drugs intact mirror Deep Purple's Glenn Hughes doing everything in his power to keep his supply of Cocaine intact). The people trying to differentiate the two are usually apologists. That is nothing new on this message board. It is baffling how a faction of members here cannot handle a discussion on Elvis' drug abuse. If you can't handle it, don't join the thread. Whether you like it or not, it is an important part of the story. Not only did Elvis' drug abuse prematurely end his life, but it greatly affected his craft. It is clearly an important topic of discussion if one wants a greater understanding of Elvis Presley.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:32 pm

midnightx wrote: Not only did Elvis' drug abuse prematurely end his life

midnightx wrote:Elvis took himself serious.

:shock: