Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

elvis on tour se 8 dvd boxset ?

Sat May 03, 2003 7:07 am

i think turner should release 2 dvd of elvis on tour se for the mass market
and a 8 dvd boxset of everything they filmed in 72 for the fans/collectors.
great idea i think with a special booklet included of rare unreleased photo`s from 72. lets see the real elvis not these endless boaring other people talking the talk on these latest dvd`s. give us loads more elvis!
and cut the crap.

Sat May 03, 2003 7:13 am

CC,

I would "wash my hands in muddy water" for "twenty days & twenty nights" if your idea actually came about!

I agree w/ you, a special edition box set would be a terrific thing to have, especially if Turner would market it "correctly" this time and not show all of it on tv way before it's to be released!

Who knows, maybe someday we might just get at least "one" of those shows complete?

Sat May 03, 2003 8:18 am

Keep dreaming CC Rider.

I think they would do it if the y see a profit. Your idea will be expensive and not profitable at all

Francesc

Sat May 03, 2003 9:28 am

Thinking it should is one thing but it is not your money at stake. That will NEVER happen. It would cost way too much money and they would not make their money back. These people are in the business to make money not lose money.

Sat May 03, 2003 9:36 am

This would simply be orgasmic...but we would NEVER see such a box set. And that's sad. We will see the EOT stuff spread all over in the future...MAYBE just 1 box set with 2 or 3 Cds....

Sat May 03, 2003 10:31 am

I'll be happy for any "On Tour" DVDs. I'm desperate. :wink: The more footage the better though. :D

:mrgreen:

Sat May 03, 2003 11:02 am

"8 dvd boxset for the fans"..............the original post is a big joke,even santa would laugh over this one.

elvis on tour se 8 dvd boxset ?

Sun May 04, 2003 6:03 am

curtis christmas is coming and dreams do come true, god bless the
'import' producers and suppliers( get my drift ) :lol: :arrow: 8)

Sun May 04, 2003 6:52 am

i dont think this well ever come out on dvd
only you get this movie on a vcd version of the film

but i do like to see it out, but it wont happend.

curtis simpkins

Sun May 04, 2003 7:08 am

cc rider,

Do you know something we don't? :wink: I hope so!

Sun May 04, 2003 6:08 pm

I know some unseen footage from Elvis On Tour was recently shown at a fan convention, and was reported on these pages, but I seriously doubt that there is enough footage for 8 DVD’s in the possession of private collectors.

It’s obviously not commercially viable for Turner/MGM to release an 8 DVD set, so as far as official releases are concerned it isn’t going to happen. That’s not to say that there won’t be an official DVD release of “Elvis On Tour” one day, but whether it’s just a DVD version of the original film, or a re-edited version in the style of the “TTWII SE” remains to be seen.