Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

should the next ftd release lake tahoe 71?

Sat May 03, 2003 6:51 am

i think it`s about time ftd released the soundboard of the lake tahoe 71 show( or any other date that they may have), since we have heard so little
from lake tahoe. :shock: :roll:

Sat May 03, 2003 7:06 am

now i well might get this show
because its from lake tahoe 71

curtis simpkins

and i dont have any tahoes at all.

Sat May 03, 2003 7:20 am

CC,

Yes, Tahoe 71 should definiately be released, however there might be a question in regards to the quality of the recording or the fact that some of the orchestra musicians for that show are unknown (since they would have to be given $$$ for any $$$ earned from the release - I think?).

Sat May 03, 2003 9:24 am

You are correct. Every single person who plays on one of the live recordings has to get paid. If Ernst/BMG cannot account for some of the orchestra members or even one of them then they cannot release the show.

I have read that the tape box for that show exists but they cannot find the tape.

Sat May 03, 2003 12:33 pm

Does someone knows the tracklisting??? :?

It would be great to have a show from Lake Tahoe. They can use a show from a later period also.

Sat May 03, 2003 4:22 pm

Yes, bring me Tahoe '71.
But I'll bet my socks the October FTD will be a '75 or '76 soundboard.

Sat May 03, 2003 4:45 pm

I really don't care what show they'll release, coz I'll buy ANYTHING that they will release on the FTD label. I only hope that they won't release any TTWII-related material for the next few years.

But you're true: a 1971 Tahoe show would be great. Just as some non-Las Vegas '72 and '73 shows, july '75, etc.

It don't even has to be a complete show: I've enjoyed FTD's "Spring Tour" compiliation, and also Madison's "Cajun Tornado" and Savoy's "We'll Make You Happy". As long as it's mixed together properly, I'll won't make any trouble :)

Sat May 03, 2003 5:29 pm

Since the release of the Pittsburgh audience recording on FTD - surely the reasoning of sound quality not being the best on 1971 shows can't be as much of an issue ?

Tahoe 71 or any 1971 show (apart from the 4 soundboards already on import from 1971) would be most welcome. I don't think it would be a good move to issue another show already available on import so soon after the New Years Eve Show.

How about a 1971 soundboard followed by Nashville outtakes from 1971 in the same mould as Nashville Marathon !!!

Talking of Tahoe - how about the 1973 show, that would be an excellent one to have in the collection too - anyone know why South Bend 74 would be issued in preferance to the long anticipated Tahoe 73 soundboard.

Sat May 03, 2003 5:35 pm

Albert,
How about first getting yourself a copy of the Sun Sessions (any version)??? ;-)[/code]

Sun May 04, 2003 2:58 am

Joe guercio kept track of who was in his orchestra at the time. He has helped out Ernst/BMG in the past with knowing who was playing back then. If there are engagement's or tours that Joe cannot help them with then they are screwed.

Next live show

Sun May 04, 2003 4:09 am

I think they've already told us that the next live CD after South Bend will be the Lake Tahoe from '73

Darrell

Re: Next live show

Sun May 04, 2003 5:00 am

Darrell wrote:I think they've already told us that the next live CD after South Bend will be the Lake Tahoe from '73

Darrell

This isnt totally true. Ernst has said it will be one of the following FTD soundboard releases, but they havent decided yet when.

Regards,
Stefan