Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What is Elvis' Best Closing Show 1969-1977 on CD ?

1. Closing Night February 1970 (Madison) (SB) 23/2/70
42
49%
2. September Nights (SR Records) (AR) 8/9/70
2
2%
3. Walk That Lonesome Road (P.O. 220) (AR) 4-9-72
1
1%
4. Live at The H.I.C. (White Star) (AR) 18-11-72
0
No votes
5. Stripped Of My Heart, My Soul (Rainbow Records) (AR) 3-7-73
1
1%
6. A Change Of Mind (Straight Arrow) (AR) 3-9-73
0
No votes
7. Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis (FTD) (MT) 20-3-74
9
10%
8. Last Tango In Tahoe (Fort Baxter Classic) (SB) 27/5/74
0
No votes
9. Desert Storm (Fort Baxter) (SB) 2/9/74
9
10%
10. Keep The Fire Burning (Audionics) (SB) 7/5/75
0
No votes
11. Let Me Take You Home (DAE) (SB) 10/6/75
0
No votes
12. Pieces Of My Life (Straight Arrow) (AR) 24/7/75
8
9%
13. Top Acts In Vegas vol. 2 (Top Acts) (AR) 20/8/75
0
No votes
14. Exceeding All Expectations (Rainbow Records) (AR) 9/5/76
0
No votes
15. The Final Homecoming (Audionics/Fort Baxter) (SB) 5/7/76
3
3%
16. Black Diamond (Generations 5001-5002) (AR) 12-12-76
0
No votes
17. New Year's Eve (FTD) (AR) 31/12/76
11
13%
18. Moody Blue & Other Great Performances (Baxter) (SB) 21/2/77
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 86

The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW !

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:16 pm

These Opening and Closing Shows of Elvis have always intrigued me to a great extent. They could be everything: superb, mediocre, rockin', heartbreaking, but very often surprising!

This poll includes his shows in Vegas, Tahoe, On Tour, official and non-official as well as "semi-official" releases from 1969-1977. But they all have to be available on silver cd.
If I missed a few, please forgive me for that. Not all selections feature complete shows!

I couldn't include the following closing shows because of the 18 options limit in the poll. These omitted are:

Springtime In Saginaw (Music Gate label) 3/5/77 C.S. = option nr. 19
Last Stop In Mobile (Rainbow Records) 2/6/77 C.S. = option nr. 20
The Final Farewell (Rainbow Records) 26/6/77 C.S. = option nr. 21


If you choose any of these three, just reply to the topic with the number corresponding with your choice (19, 20 or 21).


What do you deem to be the best Closing Show ?

MT= multitrack recording
SB= soundboard recording
AR= audience recording

What I consider the best and/or more complete source is what's listed of each show. You're allowed to re-vote and you have two options.

I dedicate this poll also to Rob, may he recover soon and rejoin us here.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 pm

WIthout a doubt, Closing Night February 1970. This one needs a FTD release.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Las Vegas 2nd sept 1974......

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:27 pm

VEGAS74 wrote:Las Vegas 2nd sept 1974......

The best one?

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:28 pm

yes

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:41 pm

midnightx wrote:WIthout a doubt, Closing Night February 1970. This one needs a FTD release.


Do you have the original Madison release ?

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:45 pm

James27 wrote:
midnightx wrote:WIthout a doubt, Closing Night February 1970. This one needs a FTD release.


Do you have the original Madison release ?

Yes, I have the concert. But I believe a marvelous show such as this should have official representation in the Elvis Presley catalogue.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi James,
you have forgotten to included the CS of the January/February 1971 in Las Vegas, released in the International label!!

And why did you include "A Change Of Mind (Straight Arrow) (AR) 3-9-73", it's not a closing show.

Regards,
Alfred.

James27 wrote:These Opening and Closing Shows of Elvis have always intrigued me to a great extent. They could be everything: superb, mediocre, rockin', heartbreaking, but very often surprising!

This poll includes his shows in Vegas, Tahoe, On Tour, official and non-official as well as "semi-official" releases from 1969-1977. But they all have to be available on silver cd.
If I missed a few, please forgive me for that. Not all selections feature complete shows!

I couldn't include the following closing shows because of the 18 options limit in the poll. These omitted are:

Springtime In Saginaw (Music Gate label) 3/5/77 C.S. = option nr. 19
Last Stop In Mobile (Rainbow Records) 2/6/77 C.S. = option nr. 20
The Final Farewell (Rainbow Records) 26/6/77 C.S. = option nr. 21


If you choose any of these three, just reply to the topic with the number corresponding with your choice (19, 20 or 21).


What do you deem to be the best Closing Show ?

MT= multitrack recording
SB= soundboard recording
AR= audience recording

What I consider the best and/or more complete source is what's listed of each show. You're allowed to re-vote and you have two options.

I dedicate this poll also to Rob, may he recover soon and rejoin us here.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Closing Night 1970..without any doubt..sheer dynamite..

September 3, 1973 CS is The Funny Side Of Elvis..and not Change Of Mind..that is the DS..

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:31 pm

1969?

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:35 pm

To me it's no contest. Closing Night Feb. 1970.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:44 am

I voted Closing night FEB 70 as my number one a few hours ago, and I`m glad I did......just took the time to listen again....no doubt....it`s just as cool as I remembered+++++ 8) 8) 8).....it is just a fantastic show, still have a big smile of joy on my face :D

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:05 am

Hi Alfredo,

The show released as cd2 of Showroom Internationale was announced by the label and listed initially as the dinner show, hence the mistake. It however is still to this day mentioned as the dinner show by some well-known Elvis websites, like here:

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/bootleg ... _set.shtml

"A Change Of Mind" is indeed the DS, although it does contain 5 closing show tracks. :wink:

Alfredo wrote:Hi James,
you have forgotten to included the CS of the January/February 1971 in Las Vegas, released in the International label!!

And why did you include "A Change Of Mind (Straight Arrow) (AR) 3-9-73", it's not a closing show.

Regards,
Alfred.

James27 wrote:These Opening and Closing Shows of Elvis have always intrigued me to a great extent. They could be everything: superb, mediocre, rockin', heartbreaking, but very often surprising!

This poll includes his shows in Vegas, Tahoe, On Tour, official and non-official as well as "semi-official" releases from 1969-1977. But they all have to be available on silver cd.
If I missed a few, please forgive me for that. Not all selections feature complete shows!

I couldn't include the following closing shows because of the 18 options limit in the poll. These omitted are:

Springtime In Saginaw (Music Gate label) 3/5/77 C.S. = option nr. 19
Last Stop In Mobile (Rainbow Records) 2/6/77 C.S. = option nr. 20
The Final Farewell (Rainbow Records) 26/6/77 C.S. = option nr. 21


If you choose any of these three, just reply to the topic with the number corresponding with your choice (19, 20 or 21).


What do you deem to be the best Closing Show ?

MT= multitrack recording
SB= soundboard recording
AR= audience recording

What I consider the best and/or more complete source is what's listed of each show. You're allowed to re-vote and you have two options.

I dedicate this poll also to Rob, may he recover soon and rejoin us here.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:16 am

Scarre wrote:1969?


The 28/8/69 CS has not been released in any form (AR/SB) on cd thusfar to my knowledge, and neither has a cd-r popped up. That would be something, if it did, and in acceptable sound quality !

We do know he wore the White Herringbone Suit with the White Macrame belt on that night, though. :wink:

"All Shook Up" by FTD (26/8/69 MS) is the show closest to the end of the engagement that has thusfar been documented for this season.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:46 am

Hi James,
as you have pointed out this kind of mistake in the middle of a great release, it's a pitty.

hahahahha :D

James27 wrote:Hi Alfredo,

The show released as cd2 of Showroom Internationale was announced by the label and listed initially as the dinner show, hence the mistake. It however is still to this day mentioned as the dinner show by some well-known Elvis websites, like here:

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/bootleg ... _set.shtml

"A Change Of Mind" is indeed the DS, although it does contain 5 closing show tracks. :wink:

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:39 am

James27 wrote:
"A Change Of Mind" is indeed the DS, although it does contain 5 closing show tracks. :wink:



If you had taken a look at my site...you had all the dates correct.... :wink:

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:36 am

Closing night feb 1970 is the best IMO.
Also voted for New years eve 1976

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:45 am

I voted for the closing night in February 1970.

Although, Elvis' closing show from September '72 was quite good, too. He made the comment at the end of the show that this was "the best engagement he's ever had here" or something of the sort.

Good thread.

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:17 am

Rob wrote:I voted for the closing night in February 1970.

Although, Elvis' closing show from September '72 was quite good, too. He made the comment at the end of the show that this was "the best engagement he's ever had here" or something of the sort.

Good thread.


Thanks!

I remember this Sept. '72 c.s. as being on your "best AR list" too, is that right or is the flu still brain-fogging me ?

(from Ciscoking's Corner):

Recorded Live at The International.
September 4, 1972 Closing Show

Tracklisting:

2001 Theme
C.C.Rider
Johnny B.Goode
Until It`s Time For You To Go
You Don`t Have To Say You Love Me
Polk Salad Annie
What Now My Love
Fever
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Hearbreak Hotel
All shook Up
Hound Dog
I`ll Remember You
Walk That Lonesome Road (J.D.Sumner)
Suspicious Minds
Intros
My Way
A Big Hunk O`Love
You Gave Me A Mountain
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Can`t Help Falling In Love

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri May 11, 2012 6:26 am

While it is difficult to argue with the February 1970 closing show, I still like the closing show in Ashville in 1975 and New Years Eve Pittsburgh 1976.

rlj

Re: The Best Elvis Closing Show on CD 1969-1977 --> VOTE NOW

Fri May 11, 2012 6:41 am

Mi votes were:

1.- February, 1970
2.- December, 1976

And, if there were a 3rd. option, it would be July, 1975.