Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Jailhouse Rock,/Shorthand notes

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Some years back I bought in auction shorthand notes that used to belong to Trude Forsher Col Parkers secretary.
All the note were made when Elvis was making Jailhouse Rock ...a good chunk of them are in shorthand and only wish I could read them because they are from Elvis and the Col but some notes say "found in the lungs Dr took it out" (Elvis lost a cap from his tooth while shooting the dance sceen Jailhouse Rock) and "Tie these Hound dogs up" (had to be the dogs in the film)..."1 Million records sold before released!!" and many other notes like this. also in the collection is a shooting schedule for 5/29/57.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VEGAS74 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Jailhouse Rock,

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:37 pm

the shooting schedule...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock,

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Some great artifacts there Dennis,thanks for posting

Re: Jailhouse Rock,

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Here are some original "Print" blocks for the Jailhouse Rock ads...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock,

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 pm

some of those notes scanned....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock,/Shorthand notes

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 am

Printers metal press plate for Love Me Tender ads....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock,/Shorthand notes

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:44 am

Thank you Vegas74!

Re: Jailhouse Rock,/Shorthand notes

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:07 am

VEGAS74 wrote:Some years back I bought in auction shorthand notes that used to belong to Trude Forsher Col Parkers secretary.
All the note were made when Elvis was making Jailhouse Rock ...a good chunk of them are in shorthand and only wish I could read them because they are from Elvis and the Col but some notes say "found in the lungs Dr took it out" (Elvis lost a cap from his tooth while shooting the dance sceen Jailhouse Rock) and "Tie these Hound dogs up" (had to be the dogs in the film)..."1 Million records sold before released!!" and many other notes like this. also in the collection is a shooting schedule for 5/29/57.

Thank you for posting these artifacts.

I went to James Forsher's Berkeley home a couple of times in 2004-2005 and had a good look at his mom's archives -- it was amazing, there were many "rare" items in stone mint condition (like the 1955 Elvis songbook), and all types of Elvis-related documentation. One of my favorites was looking at an early 1958 phone log when Elvis was at Paramount filming "King Creole. It included messagesTrude took down like "1:15 PM, Sammy Davis, Jr. called."

From your scans:

The "one million records sold before release" refers to "Love Me Tender," and you can see an "LMT" at the bottom of the page.

If you look closely at the May 29, 1957 MGM shooting schedule, it's not just for "Jailhouse Rock," but several different productions using that Culver City space, including Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk doing makeup and hair tests for the pilot episode of "The Thin Man" (NBC-TV), Gene Kelly and Mitzi Gaynor filming a scene from George Cukor's Oscar-winning "Les Girls" (MGM musical comedy), even some TV commercials for Duncan Hines!

Re: Jailhouse Rock,/Shorthand notes

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:Some years back I bought in auction shorthand notes that used to belong to Trude Forsher Col Parkers secretary.
All the note were made when Elvis was making Jailhouse Rock ...a good chunk of them are in shorthand and only wish I could read them because they are from Elvis and the Col but some notes say "found in the lungs Dr took it out" (Elvis lost a cap from his tooth while shooting the dance sceen Jailhouse Rock) and "Tie these Hound dogs up" (had to be the dogs in the film)..."1 Million records sold before released!!" and many other notes like this. also in the collection is a shooting schedule for 5/29/57.

Thank you for posting these artifacts.

I went to James Forsher's Berkeley home a couple of times in 2004-2005 and had a good look at his mom's archives -- it was amazing, there were many "rare" items in stone mint condition (like the 1955 Elvis songbook), and all types of Elvis-related documentation. One of my favorites was looking at an early 1958 phone log when Elvis was at Paramount filming "King Creole. It included messagesTrude took down like "1:15 PM, Sammy Davis, Jr. called."

From your scans:

The "one million records sold before release" refers to "Love Me Tender," and you can see an "LMT" at the bottom of the page.

If you look closely at the May 29, 1957 MGM shooting schedule, it's not just for "Jailhouse Rock," but several different productions using that Culver City space, including Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk doing makeup and hair tests for the pilot episode of "The Thin Man" (NBC-TV), Gene Kelly and Mitzi Gaynor filming a scene from George Cukor's Oscar-winning "Les Girls" (MGM musical comedy), even some TV commercials for Duncan Hines!

look closely?...dont say my scanner playin tricks?
Last edited by VEGAS74 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Jailhouse Rock,/Shorthand notes

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:Some years back I bought in auction shorthand notes that used to belong to Trude Forsher Col Parkers secretary.
All the note were made when Elvis was making Jailhouse Rock ...a good chunk of them are in shorthand and only wish I could read them because they are from Elvis and the Col but some notes say "found in the lungs Dr took it out" (Elvis lost a cap from his tooth while shooting the dance sceen Jailhouse Rock) and "Tie these Hound dogs up" (had to be the dogs in the film)..."1 Million records sold before released!!" and many other notes like this. also in the collection is a shooting schedule for 5/29/57.

Thank you for posting these artifacts.

I went to James Forsher's Berkeley home a couple of times in 2004-2005 and had a good look at his mom's archives -- it was amazing, there were many "rare" items in stone mint condition (like the 1955 Elvis songbook), and all types of Elvis-related documentation. One of my favorites was looking at an early 1958 phone log when Elvis was at Paramount filming "King Creole. It included messagesTrude took down like "1:15 PM, Sammy Davis, Jr. called."

From your scans:

The "one million records sold before release" refers to "Love Me Tender," and you can see an "LMT" at the bottom of the page.

If you look closely at the May 29, 1957 MGM shooting schedule, it's not just for "Jailhouse Rock," but several different productions using that Culver City space, including Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk doing makeup and hair tests for the pilot episode of "The Thin Man" (NBC-TV), Gene Kelly and Mitzi Gaynor filming a scene from George Cukor's Oscar-winning "Les Girls" (MGM musical comedy), even some TV commercials for Duncan Hines!

yep had a real close look at the schedule again and yes you are right by golly!!.....all this time I thought Elvis was in the other productions as well for stand in parts to make a little extra on the side?

Re: Jailhouse Rock,/Shorthand notes

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:37 am

VEGAS74 wrote:yep had a real close look at the schedule again and yes you are right by golly!!

This is (some of) what I do!